Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

lol @ the past few posts.
Old 01-14-16, 08:11 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Folks let's knock off the personal and rude commentary. If you can't post without that, don't push the reply button.
Old 01-14-16, 05:05 PM
Flogrown
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-16, 07:52 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Folks let's knock off the personal and rude commentary. If you can't post without that, don't push the reply button.
Dave, i think he kinda asked for it with his comments this IS the RCF forum.
Old 01-14-16, 08:11 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Dave, i think he kinda asked for it with his comments this IS the RCF forum.
Our rules apply in just as much in the RC-F forum as anywhere else.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...rsonal_attacks
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...ponse_comments

He's talking about his opinions about a CAR. Folks are making rude comments about him and his family.

Knock it off.

If anyone want to discuss it further, PM me please. Let's get this thread back on topic to RC F vs LC
Old 01-15-16, 12:37 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Moderator edit: ELP_JC please exit this thread. I asked for the personal comments to cease and you continued them.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 01-15-16 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-15-16, 09:03 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
The 2017 LC 500 is slated to tip the scales at 4,300 lbs or so (via Mototrend)

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2018-...t-look-review/

Granted it will be using the same 2UR-GSE from the RC F / GS F... I wouldn't consider this the next F performance car just yet..

It's an All New Architecture / Luxury Coupe Flagship for Lexus. The price tag will likely exceed $100K+ as mentioned..

I see it as a High End Luxury coupe with LFA language for the masses

Joe Z
Joe, that link has a lot of detailed info on the LC. Thanks for posting it.

It says the transmission will be lighter than the RC F's 8 speed, yet the vehicle weight is estimated at 4300 lbs. The engine is essentially the same, so where does the extra weight come from? Wheels? The LC is going to come with 21s.
Old 01-15-16, 10:37 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 7No
Joe, that link has a lot of detailed info on the LC. Thanks for posting it.

It says the transmission will be lighter than the RC F's 8 speed, yet the vehicle weight is estimated at 4300 lbs. The engine is essentially the same, so where does the extra weight come from? Wheels? The LC is going to come with 21s.

"Company representatives tell me it's gonna have a curb-weight of less then 4100 pounds."

Either Motortrend lied, or the representatives are keeping the weight a secret lol. Either way, we won't know until the car comes out.
Old 01-16-16, 06:19 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Lol! I need to visit here more often. Great entertainment.

I thought there was a thread on LC, LC-LF not too long ago. Love my RC-F, especially at the price point. The RC-F has provided me with as much pleasure and satisfaction as the 4 Porsche twin turbos I used as daily drivers preceding the RC-F.

That said, I have been patiently awaiting the LC-LF. I heard a while back from a pretty and reliable source that the LC-LF was going to make it into production with over 550 hp forced induction and at a decreased weight to the RC-F.

I have since had every intention of picking up the first one that hit the shores in my region . . . I heard a price point for the forced induction model in the $150k range. Based on what I have heard, the car will be well worth it in a power to weight ratio and I would purchase this car on looks alone.

I was completely unaware that they were going to introduce this model with a more entry level V8. Actually, this was a very smart move on Lexus' part and you can bet the weight will be stripped away in the LC line for coupes v. convertibles. I expect the LC line to be in the 3,800 pound range for a coupe.

I think Lexus will pleasantly surprise the car world when the actual weight for the LC is made known after its experience when mildly disappointing the car world by leading everyone to expect the RC-F would come in at a lower weight.

Candidly, there will be no reason to continue to make the RC-F, especially since the weight kept it from stealing performance minded junkies loyal to the M4s and those not needing a back seat.

The only way I see the RC-F hanging around is if the RC-F needs to remain in production for Lexus' entry into GT3 racing.

Last edited by DougHII; 01-16-16 at 06:27 AM.
Old 01-16-16, 06:43 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Lol, some funny stuff, especially from some who profess professional driving prowress . . . although not realizing that application of throttle transfers weight and decreases oversteer . . .

Rattles? Uncomfortable seats??? Lag? I have now exceeded 20,000 miles in my RC-F purchased in March. No rattles, awesome seats that work well for me on my almost daily 2 hour one way trips here in the last two months. Lag, learn to drive, use manual shift, put into auto mode . . . Anyone thinking RC-F seats are uncomfortable has apparently has never spent any time behind the wheel of real sports cars. The RC-F is very plush and comfy for what it is.

At the end of the day, some will complain or never be completely satisfied no matter they purchase . . .

Look, the RC-F is a $60k to $70k out the door car and is by far the coolest looking all around do almost everything well sports coupe out there at this price point. Those seeking perfection in every category for this amount of $$$ are perhaps expecting too much. Lol, I can still find faults or do better areas in my 458 or GT3 if I try hard enough and those are purpose cars in which buyers demand perfection at those price points.

Focus on the positives and enjoy.
Old 01-16-16, 03:02 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
Lol, some funny stuff, especially from some who profess professional driving prowress . . . although not realizing that application of throttle transfers weight and decreases oversteer . . .

Rattles? Uncomfortable seats??? Lag? I have now exceeded 20,000 miles in my RC-F purchased in March. No rattles, awesome seats that work well for me on my almost daily 2 hour one way trips here in the last two months. Lag, learn to drive, use manual shift, put into auto mode . . . Anyone thinking RC-F seats are uncomfortable has apparently has never spent any time behind the wheel of real sports cars. The RC-F is very plush and comfy for what it is.

At the end of the day, some will complain or never be completely satisfied no matter they purchase . . .

Look, the RC-F is a $60k to $70k out the door car and is by far the coolest looking all around do almost everything well sports coupe out there at this price point. Those seeking perfection in every category for this amount of $$$ are perhaps expecting too much. Lol, I can still find faults or do better areas in my 458 or GT3 if I try hard enough and those are purpose cars in which buyers demand perfection at those price points.

Focus on the positives and enjoy.
Word.^^^^^^^
Old 01-17-16, 04:29 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm constantly driving my RCF on 6+ hour drives twice a month and my 48 year old butt and back are just fine. I even have the Penske coils installed as well as Figs bushings. With the trunk space for me gear and getting 26+ mpg at ~80 mph I'm loving my car. I get more looks and thumbs up on every trip I make. For around 70k please tell me what other car can do what the RCF does? My buddies M4 just spent ANOTHER 4 days in the shop...
Old 01-17-16, 09:06 PM
GixxerGuy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sick body lines on that LC!
Old 01-17-16, 09:28 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get what YOU like and screw everyone else.

If this LC plays out into a LC F with a 500+ HP car then the RCF maybe gone

Last edited by Ryanmcd; 01-17-16 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-18-16, 09:50 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Where to begin I think senior management at Lexus truly doesn't get the enthusiast, the folks they're trying to sell these cars too. They just don't know how to cater to this market and it shows with their choices when it comes to performance. When you put the same exact motor with the same exact power and torque in three separate totally different vehicles that compete in 3 totally different classes one being sport coupe another being a big four door sedan and latest being there high tech high-end uber coupe says a lot. Either this was done for a cost saving measure or even worse they just don't get it.

And I think it's the latter they just don't get it. Let's face it the RCF, GSF,LC 500 even the ISF these cars are geared towards the American market and there trying to make inroads into the European market. If you look at ISF sales numbers, of 11000 made in roughly 7 years almost half were sold in the US alone. As manufacturer that should tell you where your biggest market is. And if your trying to break into the highly competitive European market you should know what your client value the most and in this segment it's PERFORMANCE FIRST.

Look how else can you explain the fact that in this segment of cars owners of BMWs Mercedes and Audis put up with quality issues related to there cars why because the performance aspects of these vehicles. They are willing to sacrifice reliability just to get the performance of these cars. We all know Lexus has reliability aspect down packed that's one of the main reason why we purchased Lexus in the first place. But when it comes to performance they just can't seem to get it right. When you can take an 8 year old ISF install few bolt on parts I/H/E, RR racing LCA bushings, FIGS mega Control arms and set of skikky sway bars with some sticky tires you be able to not only compete with but possibly beat that $100.000 plus brand new 2017 LC 500 why simple power, torque possibly suspension. If you you look at trend regarding how Lexus has been set up RCF and GSF suspension wise I don't see them doing anything radical in that area such as a fully adjustable magnetic ride suspension which should have been offered on the RCF and GSF is well.

Now yes you get new tech, it's nicer looking car, with beautiful exterior and interior fantastic fit and finish to bar none but if you can't beat an 8 year old four door sedan with just a few bolt ons parts or stock RCF or like ISF with just few bolt on parts then why bother building it. Just look at BMW m3/4, m5, m6 all with different motors with specific power and performance level's catering to the needs of each particular vehicle. Just imagine m3/4, m5, and m6 all using m3/4 motor what fail that would have been. Will have to wait and see with LC 500 but at this point I'm not holding my breath.

Quick Reply: well the RCF is utter **** now