RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

well the RCF is utter **** now

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-16, 10:12 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
I wish LC500 also has an activated rear spoiler.
i appeared to me that it did i could be wrong there are some detailed pics out there
Old 01-12-16, 12:56 PM
6i9
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotatom
I agree with you, why have 3 cars with the same performance levels. My guess is the RCF will be retired or will get detuned to around 350 to 400 HP and a cheaper price and the LC500 will be the high performance car in the Lexus line up in the future. It makes no sense to have 2 2 door sport coupes on the floor with the same performance levels. Only Lexus knows the game plan
The name of the game in the luxury car segment is niche market overlap.

BMW sells a 3 series sedan with 4 doors and a 4 series coupe with 2 doors. But they also sell a 4 series 4 door Gran Coupe which is a 3 series sedan with a more rakish roofline. Same with the 5 and 6 series.

Then they sell a 3 series wagon and they also sell a 3 series GT which is a 4 series Gran Coupe on stilts

See where this goes?
Old 01-12-16, 01:07 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

still got much love for this beast and will still probably be my next lexus.
Old 01-13-16, 05:53 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

What works for BMW does not mean it will work for Lexus. They are going to have two coups in their lineup with relatively the same performance at this point. Granted the LC500 will be an upscale vehicle. Based on the discounts that Lexus is doing for the RCF they can't be happy with the first year sales numbers. With the introduction of the LC500 I believe many potential buyers of the RCF are going to wait for the LC500 now causing further pressure on the RCF sales. If the LC500 gets the first twin turbo V6 in the future maybe that will make enough of the difference to keep both cars in the Lexus lineup, but I doubt it. I just think Lexus needs something in the 350 to 400 HP range to match the Q60 coming out and others and keep it in the same price range.

Originally Posted by 6i9
The name of the game in the luxury car segment is niche market overlap.

BMW sells a 3 series sedan with 4 doors and a 4 series coupe with 2 doors. But they also sell a 4 series 4 door Gran Coupe which is a 3 series sedan with a more rakish roofline. Same with the 5 and 6 series.

Then they sell a 3 series wagon and they also sell a 3 series GT which is a 4 series Gran Coupe on stilts

See where this goes?
Old 01-13-16, 01:40 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotatom
What works for BMW does not mean it will work for Lexus. They are going to have two coups in their lineup with relatively the same performance at this point. Granted the LC500 will be an upscale vehicle. Based on the discounts that Lexus is doing for the RCF they can't be happy with the first year sales numbers. With the introduction of the LC500 I believe many potential buyers of the RCF are going to wait for the LC500 now causing further pressure on the RCF sales. If the LC500 gets the first twin turbo V6 in the future maybe that will make enough of the difference to keep both cars in the Lexus lineup, but I doubt it. I just think Lexus needs something in the 350 to 400 HP range to match the Q60 coming out and others and keep it in the same price range.
The LC 500 is going to hit and top $100,000--in many cases, not all, it will be a different buyer.
Old 01-13-16, 01:52 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

While the LC500 has a lot of the same parts carried over from the RCF, it is in a different category. The only way this will affect the RCF market is if the same RCF buyers have deeper pockets to afford the $100k+ LC500. I think if anything it will attract buyers to the Lexus brand and they will want to buy an "affordable version" of the LC500 being the RCF. Similar to the RCF compared to the RC350.
Old 01-13-16, 02:20 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Am I the only one that thinks it's kinda ugly.......it looks very mish-mash and the lines are too round and awkward. I like the interior and kinda like the rear end, but the side profile looks ugly and the front end has too much going on. If it's really only going to have 467hp, I hope it's 1000 lbs lighter because this car looks LONG, long = heavier (maybe).
Old 01-13-16, 03:33 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would never buy a non-F RC because it's not aggressive enough. RCF is the best looking car amongst its competitors.

LC as you see it is just the beginning. the LC F is going to look awesome.
Old 01-13-16, 03:43 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
I would never buy a non-F RC because it's not aggressive enough. RCF is the best looking car amongst its competitors.

LC as you see it is just the beginning. the LC F is going to look awesome.
Yup! The LC500 has the RC350 front side vents design. If it's the LCF, it might have the RCF front side vents. After careful comparison, RCF has still more details like the hood scoop, anterior side ducts, active rear spoiler (which LC500 has as an option), and sportier interior than LC500. The LC500 is nice too but F level yet other than its engine and 0-60mph time.
Old 01-13-16, 09:53 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

The RC-F should have had most of the LC-500 refinements on the top of the line. No way in hell I'd pay 100 grand for an LC over a 650, and I'm neither a Lexus or BMW fan. Only buy cars for its merits, not a particular badge (heck, have 3 Hyundais in the stable). This is my first Lexus after the SC430 disappointed me yet again back in 2004. I expected more of the RC-F, to be honest. That the car greeted me since new with TWO very annoying rattles (and has more now) didn't help. The headliner one is mentioned everywhere, and requires dropping the headliner, bringing even more rattles, so no thanks. The other 2 are inside the door panel, and the B pillar. I might tackle the door one, since it seems to be the simpler to fix. Where the hell is quality control? Even my Hyundais are rattle free after tens of thousands of miles. Geez. Tranny was a disappointment as well. Anyway, I'm probably going to spring for the M6 next, but for the same price, would take a 650 over the LC500 all day long after owning the RC-F. And won't make the same mistake of getting a TC auto again, hence the M6 (DCT). Even though it's even heavier, it performs much better in every respect, mostly due to proper alignment from the factory, not the castrated (non-adjustable) one Lexus put on this car, limiting front grip severely. The seat cushions were a disappointment as well. And they feel so comfortable otherwise. Awesome shape and support, but hard as concrete cushions. My wife can't stand them, and my butt was hurting after an hour on the saddle, so now can't use this freaking car (again!) for trips. It's just sitting in the garage. Only 900 miles now. Need a car I can actually drive on trips with her, since that's 90%+ of the mileage I drive. Thought this Lexus was what I needed at 20 grand savings over the BMW, but made a mistake yet again. Oh well. It's a very nice car, but not for my needs. Will enjoy it while seeing if I can rent an M6 somewhere for a day, to avoid making another mistake. A Merc AMG coupe (or even a sedan, just like an M6 gran coupe) is another option. My RC-F is a dog at this altitude, so a V8 turbo car should feel dramatically better. But also need a vehicle with adjustable suspension. Forgot my wife and daughters complained the RC-F is too harsh. I can only justify one toy car, so it has to be kind of a jack of all the trades I need. Still curious about the LC, but lost my trust in Lexus again. Trusted this car on its first year of production, even though it's kind of a late run, and still tons of nagging crap. And I'm not going to keep the RC-F until the second year of the LC, so it'll be bye-bye Lexus until the next time. They need to learn how to blend sport with luxury better. At least the RC-F was a step in the right direction, but as sales have proven so far, don't think the Germans are worried at all about Lexus. They're probably more worried about Cadillac, and Lexus should take that as an insult. Ha ha. Have a good one.
Old 01-14-16, 01:17 AM
ILoveMyRCF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Raykwon02
What's up with the title of this thread??? Utter *** compared to what?

IMO, the RC F looks better than the LC500. The LC500 will have the same engine and will cost more(at least 30k more). Lexus is making a BIG mistake putting the same motor into these cars(RC F, GS F, and now LC500). The performance will be relatively the same across all 3 vehicles. Let's hope they build an LC F and don't put an astronomical price tag on it. The future of F cars does not seem too bright unless Lexus makes a statement with the LC F.
I've read there will be a V6, V8 467 hp (same engine specs as the RC F) and a V8 twin turbo F edition. I think only the V8 467 hp and F edition are necessary. Who wants an underpowered beauty like that?!
Old 01-14-16, 01:23 AM
ILoveMyRCF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
The RC-F should have had most of the LC-500 refinements on the top of the line. No way in hell I'd pay 100 grand for an LC over a 650, and I'm neither a Lexus or BMW fan. Only buy cars for its merits, not a particular badge (heck, have 3 Hyundais in the stable). This is my first Lexus after the SC430 disappointed me yet again back in 2004. I expected more of the RC-F, to be honest. That the car greeted me since new with TWO very annoying rattles (and has more now) didn't help. The headliner one is mentioned everywhere, and requires dropping the headliner, bringing even more rattles, so no thanks. The other 2 are inside the door panel, and the B pillar. I might tackle the door one, since it seems to be the simpler to fix. Where the hell is quality control? Even my Hyundais are rattle free after tens of thousands of miles. Geez. Tranny was a disappointment as well. Anyway, I'm probably going to spring for the M6 next, but for the same price, would take a 650 over the LC500 all day long after owning the RC-F. And won't make the same mistake of getting a TC auto again, hence the M6 (DCT). Even though it's even heavier, it performs much better in every respect, mostly due to proper alignment from the factory, not the castrated (non-adjustable) one Lexus put on this car, limiting front grip severely. The seat cushions were a disappointment as well. And they feel so comfortable otherwise. Awesome shape and support, but hard as concrete cushions. My wife can't stand them, and my butt was hurting after an hour on the saddle, so now can't use this freaking car (again!) for trips. It's just sitting in the garage. Only 900 miles now. Need a car I can actually drive on trips with her, since that's 90%+ of the mileage I drive. Thought this Lexus was what I needed at 20 grand savings over the BMW, but made a mistake yet again. Oh well. It's a very nice car, but not for my needs. Will enjoy it while seeing if I can rent an M6 somewhere for a day, to avoid making another mistake. A Merc AMG coupe (or even a sedan, just like an M6 gran coupe) is another option. My RC-F is a dog at this altitude, so a V8 turbo car should feel dramatically better. But also need a vehicle with adjustable suspension. Forgot my wife and daughters complained the RC-F is too harsh. I can only justify one toy car, so it has to be kind of a jack of all the trades I need. Still curious about the LC, but lost my trust in Lexus again. Trusted this car on its first year of production, even though it's kind of a late run, and still tons of nagging crap. And I'm not going to keep the RC-F until the second year of the LC, so it'll be bye-bye Lexus until the next time. They need to learn how to blend sport with luxury better. At least the RC-F was a step in the right direction, but as sales have proven so far, don't think the Germans are worried at all about Lexus. They're probably more worried about Cadillac, and Lexus should take that as an insult. Ha ha. Have a good one.
I do think think Lexus needs prove upon sport. More HP and torque. With hellcat, GTR, Mercedes AMG and BMW M's. It's just required. Handling seems to be well taken care with torque vectoring. But comfort? I get nothing but compliments of surprise on the comfort. Now that leads me to wonder about the age and weight of you and your wife.
Old 01-14-16, 03:41 AM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you live at altitude why the hell would you buy a sports car with an NA engine?? You obviously are a poor decision maker. Let your wife pick the cars from now on.
Old 01-14-16, 06:00 AM
gyrase321
Pole Position

Please spare me your rant. According to your profile you owned several Lexus cars before you figured out that Lexus has "poor quality control"? That's hard to believe. There's something slow here, but it's not the Lexus.

Old 01-14-16, 07:17 AM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

My seats don't make my butt hurt. You might want to see a Doctor on what might be causing that. Ha ha. Have a good one.

Quick Reply: well the RCF is utter **** now