Default Total units RcF sold?

Does anyone have that info for 2015?
Old 01-11-16, 06:21 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
Does anyone have that info for 2015?
Lexus sold nearly 15,000 RCs. They targeted 2,400 RC Fs, but I cannot determine how many we're actually sold.
Old 01-12-16, 12:26 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
Lexus sold nearly 15,000 RCs. They targeted 2,400 RC Fs, but I cannot determine how many we're actually sold.
Are those the US Target or Worldwide?
Old 01-12-16, 05:07 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Are those the US Target or Worldwide?
That's US.
2015 sales below:

Old 01-12-16, 10:36 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

In January 2014, Jeff Braken of Lexus announced the World Debut of the RC 350 & RC F..

Back then Lexus was projecting 200 RC F per month and 1,200 RC 350 per month in the USA..

With the first full 12 selling months in the books for 2015, you can see they sales target was not met..

Visually I can say most to suffer was the RC F based on 2015 units still on the gorund and deep discounts approved over the last 3-6 months..

Luckily I think the RC 350 sold just under its target, but combined they are still under.

Lexus still hasn't separated the sale of just the F vehicles, since the launch of the IS F back in 2008..

They just keep bundling them into the overal model numbers..

Joe Z

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
That's US.
2015 sales below:

Old 01-12-16, 11:44 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Their biggest mistake is playing hard to get and NOT adequate advertising (at least for me who hasn't really seen any of their advertisement except for IS 250+ lines). They should've adapted to the idea of getting more RCFs on the road on the 1st year with less compromise like $10k-$15k Off MSRP in the months of October to Jan 4th. They could've offered $5k off already in the beginning of the year instead of $0 off MSRP to freaking $15k off MSRP. If I'm the owner of Lexus or just 1 dealership, i see the $15k off MSRP as a big loss. But maybe if they can give up $5k-$8k off MSRP in the beginning, they can use that as an investment. Each RCF on the road is like a walking advertisement to attract more RCF lovers.
Old 01-12-16, 10:10 PM
da mayor
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Their biggest mistake is playing hard to get and NOT adequate advertising (at least for me who hasn't really seen any of their advertisement except for IS 250+ lines). They should've adapted to the idea of getting more RCFs on the road on the 1st year with less compromise like $10k-$15k Off MSRP in the months of October to Jan 4th. They could've offered $5k off already in the beginning of the year instead of $0 off MSRP to freaking $15k off MSRP. If I'm the owner of Lexus or just 1 dealership, i see the $15k off MSRP as a big loss. But maybe if they can give up $5k-$8k off MSRP in the beginning, they can use that as an investment. Each RCF on the road is like a walking advertisement to attract more RCF lovers.
It's not a dealer loss if the corporation is giving them compensation for slow sales.

Unfortunately the heavy weight of the RC coupe compared with its competitors do play a role
But also as a new car many people will wait for the second year run
Old 01-13-16, 04:14 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by da mayor
It's not a dealer loss if the corporation is giving them compensation for slow sales.

Unfortunately the heavy weight of the RC coupe compared with its competitors do play a role
But also as a new car many people will wait for the second year run
Weight...nothing to do with it. If fact, one the things I love about the RC F is its planted feeling and the confidence it instills during high-speed runs. Neither the RC F nor the M4 is the ultimate track car, and neither will ever fill that slot. Both are track capable and much more than the average driver will every access on the track or the road for that matter. This is why the entire "weight" discussion becomes ridiculous.

The Lexus buyer is very different from the BMW buyer. The Lexus executives decided early in the year that they were not going to heavily advertise the RC F--it was not designed or created to sell like pancakes. My dealer sold all his RC Fs, but I live in an affluent area. I would expect Lexus to nominally reduce its production this year. This is all the better in my mind. One of the things I really liked about my IS F is that there were VERY few on the road.

As for the second year model, don't expect much to change in the RC F. The RC F represents a distinct change in the direction of the brand, and we will continue to see more and more in the way of bold innovation released by Lexus in the years ahead. The LFA cracked the ice by departing from "boring.". The RC F followed to thrill, and the LC 500, etc. will continue to lead the charge. I am already tempted to hop into the LC 500.

Again, the Lexus buyer is very different from the BMW buyer. BMW is into cranking out cars. Lexus is into delivering the world's best luxury and performance vehicles. There are compromises that must be accepted with either the RC F or M4. I personally prefer the Lexus experience having lived the BMW experience for many years.
Old 01-13-16, 06:37 PM
omnikey
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

The RC F is unknown to most people, and Lexus has not done enough to promote it. When most people think of Lexus, they think of the ES-350 and the RX.
Old 01-14-16, 06:59 AM
panita2010
Pit Crew

Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

RCF sells its self I think no need to advertise the hell out of it.
Old 01-14-16, 12:58 PM
kareemRCF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's the opposite here we I live.. RCFs are sold on a daily basis and are sold out, unlike the M4 where you rarely see 1 every few months.

it is also due to the fact that our lexus dealer here is much better than the BMW dealer, and a fully loaded m4 costs 111,000 dollars while a fully loaded RCF costs 66,000 USD here.
Old 01-14-16, 02:14 PM
panita2010
Pit Crew

Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
it's the opposite here we I live.. RCFs are sold on a daily basis and are sold out, unlike the M4 where you rarely see 1 every few months.

it is also due to the fact that our lexus dealer here is much better than the BMW dealer, and a fully loaded m4 costs 111,000 dollars while a fully loaded RCF costs 66,000 USD here.
Where are you at id like to get a fully loaded one with carbon package for $66K!
Old 01-14-16, 05:27 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by omnikey
The RC F is unknown to most people, and Lexus has not done enough to promote it. When most people think of Lexus, they think of the ES-350 and the RX.
Well, everyone I know who is into high performance vehicles knows the RC F. If not, they are living under a rock.
Old 01-14-16, 05:37 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Originally Posted by ISF001

Well, everyone I know who is into high performance vehicles knows the RC F. If not, they are living under a rock.
I guess, I'm one of those who lives under the rock. I didn't know about it until I saw one in person. Most people don't shop for new cars every year unless you're a lease kind of person or just rich af. Most people just keep driving what they have until after 5-10 years.
Old 01-14-16, 05:47 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

RC will have a hard time in 2016 and even harder in 2017. Lexus still hasn't found a way to market the coupe right unlike Infiniti and let alone Audi.

Q60 will kill it next year. But on the contrary IS has been killing Q50 and once it gets refreshed this year it will intensify the stomping.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Total units RcF sold?