RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Meisterschaft Exhaust Installation

Old 01-09-16, 01:39 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Toystry, can you record a video regarding the drone inside the car with Windows up and windows down?
Old 01-09-16, 08:23 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Toystry, can you record a video regarding the drone inside the car with Windows up and windows down?
I've done a video with the windows up (not down though) using my iPhone, but it doesn't do any justice which is why I didn't post the videos. With the baffles open all the way under acceleration it's modestly loud, under hard acceleration it's ridiculously loud. It's not really drone though, it's just loud as F@CK.

Old 01-09-16, 09:58 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

@toystry, wow! It's really loud then if the windows were up instead of down... Lol! Hoping to get mine by the end of the month... Hopefully, it's not BS timeframe again... Lol!
Old 01-14-16, 07:05 AM
panita2010
Pit Crew

Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

"Drone" isn't too bad I can live with that! Thanks for the info and videos
Old 01-18-16, 01:17 PM
Futuristic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toystry
I've done a video with the windows up (not down though) using my iPhone, but it doesn't do any justice which is why I didn't post the videos. With the baffles open all the way under acceleration it's modestly loud, under hard acceleration it's ridiculously loud. It's not really drone though, it's just loud as F@CK.

Lexus RCF Interior Exhaust Sound (Meisterschaft w/LSR Mid-Pipe) Video 1 - YouTube
Lexus RCF Interior Exhaust Sound (Meisterschaft w/LSR Mid-Pipe) Video 2 - YouTube
Lexus RCF Interior Exhaust Sound (Meisterschaft w/LSR Mid-Pipe) Video 3 - YouTube
Lexus RCF Interior Exhaust Sound (Meisterschaft w/LSR Mid-Pipe) Video 4 - YouTube
How is the Meisterschaft so far? Getting use to the sound/tone of the exhaust yet? Do they come with installation manual?
Old 01-18-16, 01:18 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by panita2010
"Drone" isn't too bad I can live with that! Thanks for the info and videos
Drone/exhaust is loud inside the cabin.....too loud for my taste. I'm ordering sound deadening material and gutting the interior to install it soon.

Originally Posted by Futuristic
How is the Meisterschaft so far? Getting use to the sound/tone of the exhaust yet? Do they come with installation manual?
Sounds good but too loud inside for my likes. Not sure on the manual, I had it installed at a local speed shop.

Originally Posted by ba2sy
@toystry, wow! It's really loud then if the windows were up instead of down... Lol! Hoping to get mine by the end of the month... Hopefully, it's not BS timeframe again... Lol!
Good luck and yes, the windows were up...it's loud.
Old 01-18-16, 01:45 PM
Futuristic
Driver School Candidate

Drone/exhaust is loud inside the cabin.....too loud for my taste. I'm ordering sound deadening material and gutting the interior to install it soon.

Sounds good but too loud inside for my likes. Not sure on the manual, I had it installed at a local speed shop.

Thanks for your reply👍 Do any one here knows if the Meisterschaft come with installation manual?
Old 01-18-16, 09:28 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How much louder than stock is it when you have the valves closed?
Old 01-24-16, 10:44 AM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As a full Meisty system owner, I need to add here that "LOUD AS ******" is entirely subjective. I personally don't feel like it's loud or offensive inside the car at all under normal cruising situations. When I step on it in closed mode, it's there.. and not in an offensive way.. and dammit, that's what I put a $5k exhaust system on for! To sound like it's there!

To me, it's absolutely perfect. In closed mode, it's subtle yet solid. In open mode, it's pure awesome when I want it to be.

If you're worried that much about your exhaust noise, then why would you be spending $5k on an exhaust system?

Last edited by jsmacks; 01-25-16 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-03-16, 10:03 AM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Couple of follow-up ?s for this thread and participants now that users have more miles and experience with their systems.

- In the review it was indicated that only a red light on the remote illuminated when opening/closing valves but, it doesn't give you an indication as to whether you are opening or closing the valves. Aren't the buttons on the remote labeled open and close? Do they not work as labeled? Any other additional observations?

- Any further development on a replacement button/toggle switch?

- Has sound level become more manageable?

- Does anyone have any additional input on where they have mounted the module and tapped for power? Toystry, you indicated yours was mounted and tapped behind the dash. Do you recall if they ran wires underneath to the cabin, made a hole or used an existing hole OR did they go into the trunk and run wires inside the car up to the front? Also, did they end up splicing the harness somehow so you have both the switch and the remote or is the switch connection open at the valve so you can easily swap it if or when you have a better solution for something to mount in the dash?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to be completely prepped for when mine gets here, which is hopefully soon.
Old 02-03-16, 05:44 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by weswork
Couple of follow-up ?s for this thread and participants now that users have more miles and experience with their systems.

- In the review it was indicated that only a red light on the remote illuminated when opening/closing valves but, it doesn't give you an indication as to whether you are opening or closing the valves. Aren't the buttons on the remote labeled open and close? Do they not work as labeled? Any other additional observations?

- Any further development on a replacement button/toggle switch?

- Has sound level become more manageable?

- Does anyone have any additional input on where they have mounted the module and tapped for power? Toystry, you indicated yours was mounted and tapped behind the dash. Do you recall if they ran wires underneath to the cabin, made a hole or used an existing hole OR did they go into the trunk and run wires inside the car up to the front? Also, did they end up splicing the harness somehow so you have both the switch and the remote or is the switch connection open at the valve so you can easily swap it if or when you have a better solution for something to mount in the dash?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to be completely prepped for when mine gets here, which is hopefully soon.
1. The remote control only illuminates when it's being opened/closed, and yes, the buttons says whether or not your opening or closing. What it doesn't say is whether the exhaust is already open or closed. You have to listen for the sound difference.

2. No, I haven't made any movement on the replacement switch, nor did I install the toggle switch. It's low on my priority at the moment but I'll get to it one day.

3. Sound is more manageable (i.e., I'm getting used to it) but it's still much louder then I expected. Closed baffles ARE NOT quiet like the stock exhaust, I don't care what anyone tells you.

4. The wires were run somewhere on the driver side door sill......not sure where they tapped.
Old 02-03-16, 08:20 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks. I really appreciate your feedback and help. You really cleared up #1 for me. Makes total sense now. To bad you couldn't connect it to the Enform app and check the status via your phone.
Old 02-03-16, 10:19 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who claimed the closed EV was as quiet as stock ? Hell i ordered the exhaust without the EV control. I hope its loud enough to scare my neighbors out of their shoes as i pass them cleaning up after their fluffy dogs.
Old 02-05-16, 06:44 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BOBFSPORT
Who claimed the closed EV was as quiet as stock ? Hell i ordered the exhaust without the EV control. I hope its loud enough to scare my neighbors out of their shoes as i pass them cleaning up after their fluffy dogs.
Couple people I spoke too......information was inaccurate though unfortunately. It's loud as hell when it's wide open which is fun when you're driving next to a Mustang, Camaro or Challenger/Charger, lol.
Old 02-18-16, 08:41 PM
Wongy
Driver School Candidate

Default Finally!!!

So after the long wait, since Aug 15...my SS exhaust finally arrived in Taiwan and is now at the workshop. Can't wait to pick it up in the next few hours!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Meisterschaft Exhaust Installation