Default Meisterschaft Exhaust Installation

Here is who I ordered my exhaust through:

Jacky Jakeo (it's a guy)
Vivid Racing
Tel: 480-966-3040 x229
Email: jacky@vividracing.com
Web: www.vividracing.com

Here are the part numbers:

- LE0521618: GTC Exhaust System Lexus RCF 2015+ 4x120x80mm (Oval Split)
- LE0523001: Cat-Back LSR Pipe System Lexus RCF 2015+
- QTP-10900: Wireless Remote Controller Kit

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I dropped the car off at the shop this evening with the expectation that it should be done tomorrow afternoon. With that, here are some pics from the unboxing. To say the quality is unreal is an understatement....the welds are incredible and everything has a high polish on it.

Couple things to point out for those who may be in the market:

1. Meisterschaft makes the exhaust, mid-pipes and tips, but does not make the adjustable control valve, wireless remote or toggle switch.

2. Quick Time Performance (https://www.quicktimeperformance.com) actually makes the control valve, wireless remote and toggle switch.

3. The toggle switch that comes with the KIT is enormous, no exaggeration. It's so big that I'm not sure if they are even going to be able to fit it in inside one of the blanks on the lower left dash panel but I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

4. You CAN'T run both the toggle switch AND the wireless remote unless you splice the two harnesses together. I called QTP and discussed in detail with the technician installing the system what my goal/desire was, so we will see what he is able to pull off. Most important thing to me is the option to have both, and if I can't have both, then I don't want the toggle switch installed as I'll just use the wireless remote.

5. Speaking of the toggle switch, I took a bunch of pics of it since nobody has good pics of it. I'm going to try to reverse-engineer an OEM switch so that I can have an OEM appearance vice the tacky toggle switch that comes with it. Also, the link below is for the wiring diagram to their switch. It’s a standard 15amp, 2 position, momentary switch and there is over torque fusing built into the switch so if you try to make one, be SURE to build it into anything custom you're looking to do, because without it, you’ll ruin the cutouts.

https://www.quicktimeperformance.com...206%20POLE.pdf

6. Installation was $400, which probably should have cost more since it was an all day install.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my review of the product:

Well I'll be honest, it's not what I was expecting, and I'll break down the pros and cons of why below.

Pros:

1. The sound is significantly different between fully open and fully closed.
2. The build quality is unbelievable, you really can't ask for a nicer built exhaust.
3. The valves/cutouts being adjustable is a nice feature (you can open/close them as much or as little as you want).
4. Customer service from Vivid Racing was superb.
5. It's quiet when cruising.....sounds like the stock exhaust with the cruise control on.

Cons:

1. QTP's remote control has a cheap look and feel to it.
2. QTP's remote control has a red light that illuminates when opening/closing the valves, but it doesn't give you an indication as to whether or not you're opening or closing it (you have to listen to the exhaust to figure it out, that sucks)
3. The toggle switch that comes with the kit (made by QTP) is cheap and insulting. When you spending $4500 on an exhaust system, you want something better than a $15 radio shack toggle switch. I'm working with a company now to reverse-engineer the switch to fit an OEM blank in the dash.
4. There is a LOT LOT LOT of EXHAUST SOUND resonating inside the cabin when accelerating (regardless of light/hard acceleration, the exhaust sound fills in the interior cabin heavily). Adding the Cat-Back LSR Pipe is likely the reasoning for it, but the exhaust sound inside the vehicle is much more significant than I was hoping for and as a result, I'm likely going to install some sound dampening inside the vehicle as it's more than I was expecting for and will get annoying over time.

Overall I like the system, but I really dislike how loud the interior cabin is now. If you're in the market for this system, I'd recommend the exhaust ONLY but WITHOUT the Cat-back LSR Pipe if you don't want a extremely loud interior under acceleration.

Photos below:

Last edited by toystry; 01-08-16 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-05-16, 02:59 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

so this is a dual stage exhaust that is manually controlled?
Old 01-05-16, 03:01 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,510 Likes on 655 Posts

Thanks for posting! I also just placed my order through vivid racing this morning for a full Titanium system, won't see it until about 3-4 months I was told. I'm planning on doing just the remote so I wouldn't have to run any wires through the car. Can't wait to see more pictures of the install!
Old 01-05-16, 03:17 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
My goal is to be able to choose whether to use the toggle switch or wireless controller (for now, until I figure out a way to reverse-engineer an OEM switch to take the place of both).

I hate bulky pockets, and have no keys attached to my Lexus FOB, and I really don't want another FOB to carry around or have to stash in the cup holder, glove box or arm rest when I want to adjust the exhaust valves.....in short, I'm picky, lol.
Old 01-05-16, 03:20 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
Thanks for posting! I also just placed my order through vivid racing this morning for a full Titanium system, won't see it until about 3-4 months I was told. I'm planning on doing just the remote so I wouldn't have to run any wires through the car. Can't wait to see more pictures of the install!
Damn.......i bet you paid a premium for that titanium (what made you go that route)?

As for not having to run wires through the car, you'll need to get power from somewhere, so unless they run a wire on the underside of the car to the battery, which they probably won't, and will more than likely tap into a trunk or tail light positive wire. Also, the module that controls the remote needs to be placed in a dry spot as an fyi.
Old 01-05-16, 03:48 PM
JT2MA71

Originally Posted by toystry
Damn.......i bet you paid a premium for that titanium (what made you go that route)?

As for not having to run wires through the car, you'll need to get power from somewhere, so unless they run a wire on the underside of the car to the battery, which they probably won't, and will more than likely tap into a trunk or tail light positive wire. Also, the module that controls the remote needs to be placed in a dry spot as an fyi.
I went for Ti for the weight, mainly. I had icode ti on my isf and loved how light the whole system was.
Well I guess I'll have to run wires through the trunk floor at least. I had all the trunk trims off when I installed the Ohlins shocks and I noticed some wires routed through the floor. I probably wouldn't tap into the TVD system so another point would be the ML amp. Maybe put the transceiver right there too. Thanks!

Last edited by JT2MA71; 01-05-16 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-05-16, 03:54 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 395 Likes on 240 Posts

Omg I'm going to need some videos Mr. Toy!!

Some just cruising and wide open

Congrats
Old 01-05-16, 04:30 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

I hate bulky pockets, and have no keys attached to my Lexus FOB, and I really don't want another FOB to carry around or have to stash in the cup holder, glove box or arm rest when I want to adjust the exhaust valves
I'm with you on that. In fact, either that cheap-a$$ Radio Shack switch or a remote would be a deal-breaker for me. I'd only buy it if I could modify a stock switch, and just erase the letters (or even better, design your own exhaust logo) so it works and looks OEM. My guess is the wing switch should work, since it also has to cut current when wing is fully extended or retracted. Good luck with that project.
Old 01-05-16, 05:24 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

My goal is to be able to choose whether to use the toggle switch or wireless controller (for now, until I figure out a way to reverse-engineer an OEM switch to take the place of both).

I hate bulky pockets, and have no keys attached to my Lexus FOB, and I really don't want another FOB to carry around or have to stash in the cup holder, glove box or arm rest when I want to adjust the exhaust valves.....in short, I'm picky, lol.

I was/am trying to understand why the exhaust has a cutout/baffle.

I know GM was putting dual stage exhaust on the Camaro ZL1, so that under load a baffle opens and the exhaust is louder and more open, I believe their baffle is controlled by the ECU and Throttle programming greater than XX% of throttle within XX milliseconds causes it to open.

so this is a similar dual stage system that is manually controlled vs. based on throttle response.

it's definitely pretty, personally I could never justify $4,000 for exhaust.
Old 01-05-16, 05:37 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
I went for Ti for the weight, mainly. I had icode ti on my isf and loved how light the whole system was.
Well I guess I'll have to run wires through the trunk floor at least. I had all the trunk trims off when I installed the Ohlins shocks and I noticed some wires routed through the floor. I probably wouldn't tap into the TVD system so another point would be the ML amp. Maybe put the transceiver right there too. Thanks!
Makes sense from a weight advantage if you have the extra $$$ to spend. The stock exhaust I believe is heavier than the Meistershaft exhaust so there is already weight savings there which is good enough for me but every lb counts so I understand your reasoning.

Originally Posted by Boomin
Omg I'm going to need some videos Mr. Toy!!

Some just cruising and wide open

Congrats
Tomorrow hopefully.

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
I'm with you on that. In fact, either that cheap-a$$ Radio Shack switch or a remote would be a deal-breaker for me. I'd only buy it if I could modify a stock switch, and just erase the letters (or even better, design your own exhaust logo) so it works and looks OEM. My guess is the wing switch should work, since it also has to cut current when wing is fully extended or retracted. Good luck with that project.
Ya, both the toggle switch and remote and cheap and tacky.......I've emailed about 10 switch companies tonight inquiring as to whether or not they can make me a custom one. You bring up a great point though about the wing......it might be the perfect OEM switch to use if I can figure out how to reverse-engineer the toggle switch. Thanks!

I was/am trying to understand why the exhaust has a cutout/baffle.

I know GM was putting dual stage exhaust on the Camaro ZL1, so that under load a baffle opens and the exhaust is louder and more open, I believe their baffle is controlled by the ECU and Throttle programming greater than XX% of throttle within XX milliseconds causes it to open.

so this is a similar dual stage system that is manually controlled vs. based on throttle response.

it's definitely pretty, personally I could never justify $4,000 for exhaust.
The baffle can be open all the way, closed all the way, open/closed partially, etc. It's all controlled through the switch or remote control though.....not like the ZL1 you mentioned "under load". The driver controls the baffle, not the pressure applied to the right pedal. So yes, this is manually controlled, not throttle controlled.....does that make sense?

As for the price.....your right, it's a lot, but if it gives me stock sound when closed, it's worth it to me. My wife isn't a fan of LOUD exhaust so when we are in the car together, I can close the baffle and keep her happy and when she's not with me, I can open/close it to my hearts content and turn some heads of muscle car owners when I open it up FULL and scare the living **** out of them.

Old 01-05-16, 06:05 PM
JT2MA71

Here's a diagram of the spoiler switch if it helps...

Old 01-05-16, 07:25 PM
FLexusFan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see how this project turns out and especially the wiring. I ordered mine a month ago and I also want a factory OEM rocker arm look. If not I will settle for the keyfob. I will most likely just leave the remote in the cup holder as the only key I carry is the Lexus key.
Old 01-05-16, 07:36 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for doing this research and posting your results/findings so far. Looking forward to additional info. My system is on order and hoping for it to arrive next month. I did not get the remote but may need to go that route as I am not sure if I would want to cut the dash blank to place the switch there. Based on your pics and info, I am wondering if I can just order the wireless remote controller directly from QTP. Might save a couple bucks.
Old 01-05-16, 07:43 PM
kareemRCF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can't run the wires in the trunk, there is no where to hook them up... we ended up running down under the car to the engine bay!

and by the way, you will never close the valves, open mode all the way that's atleast what I do as I disturb the peace around me on a daily basis hahahah
Old 01-05-16, 11:08 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

When did you order your exhaust? And it's not Ti, right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Meisterschaft Exhaust Installation