RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Someone backed into my car today - FML

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-16, 06:48 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Someone backed into my car today - FML

However they left a note. I haven't called the number but did call my insurance company for them to act on it. I hope they didn't give a fake phone number, I'll try calling them in the morning.

Post updated 3 January:

How stupid can one person be, I mean seriously? I had someone back into my car Saturday night when Danielle and I went out to eat. I came out to my car to find a note under the windshield with a message stating:
"Backed slightly into your car, light scrapes mostly rubs off. SORRY!"..... the person also provided their name and phone number.

So I call them that night, straight to VM, leave a message, nothing. I call the next day, straight to VM, leave a message, nothing. My insurance company calls them, straight to VM, they leave a message, nothing. I call again, same scenario.....also send a text message.
So now I'm just pissed. Why would you be dumb enough to leave me a phone number and your name and then not answer the phone or return my calls??? So I jump on the World Wide Web, pay $1.95 to use www.spokeo.com and find enough information to track her down.

So here is what I found out:

1. She spelled her last name wrong.
2. I know her full mailing address (which is where her parents live).
3. I know her parents and brothers first names.
4. I know her age.
5. I know her cell phone provider.
6. I know her birth month and year.

So using the information above, I go to Facebook (you gotta love Facebook stalking folks).

So here is what I found:

1. I found her Facebook page (it's completely private so the only thing I could see is her cover photo and profile picture) which was all I needed as you'll see in the information below.
2. Using her mothers first name, I type it in the Facebook search bar and find her mothers page (which isn't nearly as private). I search through the photos and find pics of her daughter, which match the profile picture on the girls Facebook page). I also find post that the girl "liked" one of her Mothers post as well found pics of her Father, with people referencing her Father name, which matched my online research, so now I know I have the right girl, the right parents and I'm on the right track.

So what do you do with this information......you send a Facebook message to her Mom and wait to see what happens next. Stay tuned, this should be interesting.

Post updated (5 January):

Guess who called me today?????? That's right, the person who hit me called today to apologize and to let me know she provided her insurance information to my insurance company. Wish me luck on the paint repair.......
Attached Thumbnails Someone backed into my car today - FML-image.jpeg  

Last edited by toystry; 01-05-16 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-02-16, 07:15 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it was in a public area, you might check on any security camera footage that may be available if you need to. My G37 got nailed a few years ago in a hotel parking garage. No note left and the car was just off to the side of the camera. I don't make that mistake any more. Hope it gets resolved well for you.
Old 01-02-16, 07:50 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Oh no! Sorry toystory! Uh, I hate that feeling. Hope the number is legit and this gets all sorted out.
Old 01-02-16, 08:07 PM
EDU
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel your pain bro'
Old 01-02-16, 08:37 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

That sucks. Is it just the paint or any damage to the bumper?
Old 01-03-16, 09:45 AM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 7No
If it was in a public area, you might check on any security camera footage that may be available if you need to. My G37 got nailed a few years ago in a hotel parking garage. No note left and the car was just off to the side of the camera. I don't make that mistake any more. Hope it gets resolved well for you.
If the person doesn't call me back today I'll go see if the shopping center has cameras.

Originally Posted by LXSDO
Oh no! Sorry toystory! Uh, I hate that feeling. Hope the number is legit and this gets all sorted out.
Called and left a VM, we will see.

Originally Posted by EDU
I feel your pain bro'
Sucks....worst part is I parked on an end spot away from getting hit intentionally to avoid this. I also park on end spots or farther away too.

Originally Posted by FR500GT
That sucks. Is it just the paint or any damage to the bumper?
Looks just like paint damage, but this color paint is a 4-5 stage paint and I don't have a lot of faith that they (whoever paints it) will color match it correctly.
Old 01-03-16, 10:43 AM
boostedGS
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks like if you use some compound it will buff right out. Try that before taking it into a body shop. It'll save you some $$
Old 01-03-16, 01:33 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by boostedGS
Looks like if you use some compound it will buff right out. Try that before taking it into a body shop. It'll save you some $$
There are chunks of paint missing in a few spots.
Old 01-03-16, 04:59 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Sorry about the negligent hit. It's definitely a pet peeve of mine so I can feel your pain.

Keep us posted on your progress. Good luck.
Old 01-04-16, 05:48 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Sorry to see this OP. I can relate because it has happened to me in the past, and it feels like a punch to the gut when you see it.

Even though I always park well away from everyone else the idiots always seem to follow me.

At least the person was nice enough to leave a note.. I hope it works out for you..
Old 01-04-16, 07:26 AM
nelson143
Driver

Sorry about this OP...this blows. I hope you get it resolved.
Old 01-04-16, 05:35 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Original post updated, check it out for a good laugh.
Old 01-05-16, 05:13 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

This is going to be good.
Old 01-05-16, 05:29 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by toystry
Original post updated, check it out for a good laugh.
The update was good reading, I can't wait to hear happens next!
Old 01-05-16, 08:49 AM
b00st3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribing for updates!

Quick Reply: Someone backed into my car today - FML