RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Supercharger Kit for RC-F - Option Magazine Teaser!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-16, 12:15 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Phinatic
Right now I believe the only option is a PCM swap. RRR is working with an Italian company in developing a hand-held tuner that uses the OBD-II port. The IS F hand-held is on the market with the RC F soon to follow.
They can do it via OBD-II, the catch is that you have to drive to them and let them do it.
Old 12-12-16, 07:52 PM
BigRick82
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm.... I was big into Late Model GM cars for a long time. So this JAP CRAP lol, j/k Lexus Fan Boy here, is new stuff to me, new market. Would be nice if some big tuning company like HPTuners would crack it and then allowing anyone to tune their own car and giving shops the opportunity to fully do almost anything. Then the playing field for Mods is unlimited.... I'd Fab a turbo kit real quick if I knew I could tune the ECU. I must be getting old cause the APEXI resonated exhaust I just put on is too loud inside the car lol. A turbo would quieten that up a bunch!! I was big into to nitrous then moved on to Turbos and never looked back. So a turbo V8 lexus is a no brainer for me. 1000 WHP Easily, I'd test the limits of the stock internals and block quickly.
Old 12-17-16, 02:31 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I hear yeah bigrick, that's would be awesome. I must say after purchasing my rcf used that there is hardly anything besides a intake tube, headers (in which you have to drop the motor) and an exhaust. Now understandably I know the car is naturally aspirated and modding it will never be like modding a forced induction car but still... Even if someone did decided to make any kind of FI kit for the rcf one wouild have to be very careful due to the high compression and the tune would have to be right on... With any luck maybe toyo will come out with the turbo supra soon..

Originally Posted by BigRick82
Hmm.... I was big into Late Model GM cars for a long time. So this JAP CRAP lol, j/k Lexus Fan Boy here, is new stuff to me, new market. Would be nice if some big tuning company like HPTuners would crack it and then allowing anyone to tune their own car and giving shops the opportunity to fully do almost anything. Then the playing field for Mods is unlimited.... I'd Fab a turbo kit real quick if I knew I could tune the ECU. I must be getting old cause the APEXI resonated exhaust I just put on is too loud inside the car lol. A turbo would quieten that up a bunch!! I was big into to nitrous then moved on to Turbos and never looked back. So a turbo V8 lexus is a no brainer for me. 1000 WHP Easily, I'd test the limits of the stock internals and block quickly.
Old 12-17-16, 03:54 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by cosmo1
I hear yeah bigrick, that's would be awesome. I must say after purchasing my rcf used that there is hardly anything besides a intake tube, headers (in which you have to drop the motor) and an exhaust. Now understandably I know the car is naturally aspirated and modding it will never be like modding a forced induction car but still... Even if someone did decided to make any kind of FI kit for the rcf one wouild have to be very careful due to the high compression and the tune would have to be right on... With any luck maybe toyo will come out with the turbo supra soon..
drop the motor? you mean the subframe?
Old 12-18-16, 07:08 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Isn't it pretty much the same thing.. Either way for roughly 30whp the motor has to come out...
Old 12-18-16, 07:09 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmo1
Isn't it pretty much the same thing.. Either way for roughly 30whp the motor has to come out...
when i say I'm dropping the motor, the motor is coming out of the car (honda days).
Old 01-03-17, 07:36 AM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Chiming in here - I have been speaking with RR-Racing and following the R&D on their ISF Supercharger. Currently the ISF SC kit is on RR-Racings Blue ISF and another local ISF to me in MD. I know that Rafi has always had plans to migrate the work to the RCF platform.
As of yesterday, RR-Racing got the ECU completely re-scaled for 600+hp (it was a huge effort) and this week will begin installing the mechanical pieces on the RCF to further the build. The long and short, the wish and want for forced induction is right around the corner for the RCF!
The following users liked this post:
ba2sy (01-06-17)
Old 01-03-17, 10:56 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Subscribed...