RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Supercharger Kit for RC-F - Option Magazine Teaser!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-16, 10:24 PM
chaosrob
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apples and oranges and that system was what , 7 years ago? The engine you are referring to had ~380 Hp, not 400 and also required an exhaust upgrade that added almost 2k to the cost. I can guarantee that engine was not nearly as complex as the one in the RCF and the ecu will have nowhere near the detailed fuel and ignition maps and I am also sure that the fuel delivery system in the RCF is a bit more complex.

I stand by my earlier claims in regards to pricing of a S/C kit for this car if/when it comes available.

Originally Posted by airlaird
I disagree strongly ..the Tundra S/C retailed for around $6,000.00. it came with a "ninth" injector. Remember theTundra has a 400 h.p motor V-8.....no different configuration that the RC F.
But it is a moot point...Lexus will never make it...
airlaird
Old 03-06-16, 04:10 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ECU has been cracked therefore adding a supercharger or a turbo should be easy part.
Old 03-06-16, 05:56 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by juanmedina
The ECU has been cracked therefore adding a supercharger or a turbo should be easy part.
The RCF ECU has not been cracked...

Both RRR and TTFS opened the RCF ECU to see that it indeed housed a different processor which may not be applicable to their system.

I know this because I've paid in full before they knew IF* they could do it... and now I wait
Old 03-06-16, 08:21 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd

Both RRR and TTFS opened the RCF ECU to see that it indeed housed a different processor which may not be applicable to their system.

I know this because I've paid in full before they knew IF* they could do it... and now I wait
This. You should've waited to see if they could tuned my car first before you sent it out...lol.
Old 03-06-16, 01:37 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RCF500
This. You should've waited to see if they could tuned my car first before you sent it out...lol.
rub it in pal...
Old 03-06-16, 08:08 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4everkidd

Mr. Kidd we contacted you as soon as we had our first RCF ECU in our shop to keep you in the loop and inform you not to send your ECU yet. As we discussed we will honor the price for you anytime you like. Please contact us if you changed your mind.
Old 10-10-16, 01:28 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

PM's Replied/Sent

-Hunter
Old 10-10-16, 01:41 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

OK, So WHERE are we AT Now? Yay or Nay? I know everybody's Sick of hearing it, but ALL I Want is a TUNE (a REAL Tune, not something like the Apexi Controller, I already have that but a Tune that Completely TRANSFORMS the RCF) PM me IF you have the Answer
Old 10-10-16, 02:31 PM
skipetenj
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

The ECU is cracked - RR Racing has it in the works - They have the initial tune for the RCF which does improve torque through the mid range and the vehicle feels more responsive (it also eliminates the CEL for headers). It is a slow process because the ECU is much more complex then the IS F ECU. A lot of progress should be made in the next couple of months including the SC for the RC F (IS F kit is now available).
Old 10-10-16, 04:39 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
OK, So WHERE are we AT Now? Yay or Nay? I know everybody's Sick of hearing it, but ALL I Want is a TUNE (a REAL Tune, not something like the Apexi Controller, I already have that but a Tune that Completely TRANSFORMS the RCF) PM me IF you have the Answer
Here you go, I had the tune done a couple weeks ago, let me know if you notice a difference.

Old 12-12-16, 04:59 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

To be honest it's really hard to determine a difference just by watching a video.. I'm now debating the tune but will get my breathing mods done first..
Any new info on the sc and or independent dynos with this tune?
Old 12-12-16, 08:41 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmo1
To be honest it's really hard to determine a difference just by watching a video.. I'm now debating the tune but will get my breathing mods done first..
Any new info on the sc and or independent dynos with this tune?
don't even look into this mediocre tune until you get all of your bolt ons first. RCF500 is a FBO'd RC-F
Old 12-12-16, 09:10 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
don't even look into this mediocre tune until you get all of your bolt ons first. RCF500 is a FBO'd RC-F
Yep best bet is to get all the bolt ons first and then the tune, the tune optimizes the mid range on RPM band. Or you can just wait for the supercharger to come out, maybe within 3-4 months
Old 12-12-16, 09:44 AM
BigRick82
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone know what software or Tuner is being used to tune the RCF?
Old 12-12-16, 11:52 AM
Phinatic
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRick82
Anyone know what software or Tuner is being used to tune the RCF?
Right now I believe the only option is a PCM swap. RRR is working with an Italian company in developing a hand-held tuner that uses the OBD-II port. The IS F hand-held is on the market with the RC F soon to follow.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Kit for RC-F - Option Magazine Teaser!