RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Pretty Cool Promo Video From Our Friends at NOVEL

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-15, 01:52 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pretty Cool Promo Video From Our Friends at NOVEL

Our friend's over at NOVEL recently made a pretty cool promotional video.

Japanese vendors aren't known for having very high-quality video making or editing capabilities, however, they did a pretty good job on this one.

Don't mind the crazy fast happy hardcore techno beats. It's an ode to the old school Initial D type racing scenes.

All in all, the video look good and we enjoyed it.

Old 12-28-15, 02:17 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

The exhaust sound is amazing. Sounds so different from the other RCF exhaust. Very high pitched and high strung like an F1 engine.
Old 12-28-15, 02:32 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
The exhaust sound is amazing. Sounds so different from the other RCF exhaust. Very high pitched and high strung like an F1 engine.
Yeah, I'm glad you noticed!! That's exactly what we thought. The sound is quite similar to the way an F1 engine would sound for sure.

We recently installed a full NOVEL exhaust system with headers on a local RCF and the sound it makes is incredible. In person it sounds almost better. When you're in the car and you hear the exhaust it's totally gratifying. It really is nothing like any other exhaust on the market.
Old 12-28-15, 02:36 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BPauto
Yeah, I'm glad you noticed!! That's exactly what we thought. The sound is quite similar to the way an F1 engine would sound for sure.

We recently installed a full NOVEL exhaust system with headers on a local RCF and the sound it makes is incredible. In person it sounds almost better. When you're in the car and you hear the exhaust it's totally gratifying. It really is nothing like any other exhaust on the market.
Does it sounds that high pitched on stock rev limit or they raised the rev limit on that RCF through a tuned ECU?
Old 12-28-15, 03:09 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Does it sounds that high pitched on stock rev limit or they raised the rev limit on that RCF through a tuned ECU?
Even with the factory ECU settings, you can get that high-pitched exhaust note, however, the video seems to really have a clear tone to it especially in the parts where the car is drifting around the corners. They may have tuned the ECU in this particular car but I'm not 100% sure. I know they've been in development of an ECU tune for the RCF so it very well could have had some ECU adjustments to improve that sound even more.
Old 12-28-15, 03:28 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Best sounding if in fact it does sound that way per vid.

But does it drone?
Old 12-28-15, 07:36 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BPauto
Even with the factory ECU settings, you can get that high-pitched exhaust note, however, the video seems to really have a clear tone to it especially in the parts where the car is drifting around the corners. They may have tuned the ECU in this particular car but I'm not 100% sure. I know they've been in development of an ECU tune for the RCF so it very well could have had some ECU adjustments to improve that sound even more.
Thanks for the info, This is indeed the best sounding exhaust for the RCF (in my opinion).
Old 12-28-15, 08:28 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK

But does it drone?
If it sounds like that, WGAS?!!
Old 12-28-15, 10:47 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

It sounds REALLY good don't get me wrong BUT it seems that special effects or slight editing is giving it that F1 sound as I keep listening to it. I look forward to hearing it in person!
Old 12-29-15, 01:49 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ROK

But does it drone?
I didn't notice much drone. In fact, when you're in the car, the sound is a bit more subtle until you smash the pedal and hit wide open throttle. Then you get some amazing sounds.

Thanks for the info, This is indeed the best sounding exhaust for the RCF (in my opinion).
No problem. I'm in total agreement with you. So far this is my favorite system for the RCF.

Originally Posted by 7No
If it sounds like that, WGAS?!!
LOL, noted. I can agree with this is as well

Originally Posted by FR500GT
It sounds REALLY good don't get me wrong BUT it seems that special effects or slight editing is giving it that F1 sound as I keep listening to it. I look forward to hearing it in person!
I can see that. Especially in certain scenes of the video where you wouldn't expect the exhaust to sound so clear. I'm sure some editing has been done or their RCF demo car has been modified to sound like that. The only reason I can compare the true sound to the sound we see on the video clips is because we installed one on a local customer's car so we had the opportunity to hear this amazing exhaust. It doesn't sound exactly like how it does in the video but it's really close. You really hear that slight high-pitched tone and sound of an F1 engine in person.
Old 12-29-15, 07:05 PM
NYCRC
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sounds awesome. Any idea how it is?
Old 12-29-15, 09:51 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
The first novel RCF in USA is in SoCal. PM boostedGS if you want to listen to it in person.
Old 12-31-15, 10:43 AM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NYCRC
This sounds awesome. Any idea how it is?
Yes, it does sound quite amazing. It has a lot to do with the design of the headers and exhaust piping. They engineered this system to make a specific sound that they were going for.

Originally Posted by ba2sy
The first novel RCF in USA is in SoCal. PM boostedGS if you want to listen to it in person.
Yes, actually we just finished buttoning a few things up on the car and it left yesterday. You experience different sounds when the car is at a stand still in a parking lot compared to the car while it's moving under load. When you're on an open road running at 6k RPM, it screams compared to just revving the throttle while it's in park. I asked the owner to try and get some good video or audio of the exhaust while under load so we'll see. Once he gets it to us, we'll try and post it up for you guys.
Old 12-31-15, 09:32 PM
kareemRCF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a F1 car

you gota love the japs with their video and sound enhancing skills..

a member here has the full system and it sounds nothing like that
Old 01-01-16, 12:01 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts

here's a couple short non-edited clips of the same car

Facebook Post

Facebook Post

Quick Reply: Pretty Cool Promo Video From Our Friends at NOVEL