What the RC F is.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-15, 02:45 PM
JCAGE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the RC F is.

Hello all new to the forums here!

I recently took delivery of a 2015 RC F, and would liek to share my thoughts to see if my assessment of the car is similar to the community's. My past cars include 2016 Nissan GTR, MB c63amg 507, BMW M4, Audi s5 and a bunch of mid tiered vehicles, in chronological order most recent to past (still own the GTR). Reading reviews sourced from any number of auto jounalist always seem to view this car through a singular prism of direct competitor to RWD track oriented brand X vehicle, and coming from the cars that I have owned, I somehow felt that the RC F was a stone best left unturned since, I've owned the cars that have bested it in most comparisons, what possible reason would I have to devolve. Fast forward 2 weeks ago, my cousin is in town shopping for a new car, he mentions to me that he's interested in a RC300, I had no opposition, on the contrary I encouraged him to check it out, I figured he was really just lookign for a daily driver so why not.

While he's on his test drive, I see a RC F on the show room, and out of pure boredom and a bit of curiosity asked for a test drive. OMG, say the light! The car is one of the best GT sports coupe I've driven to date. It was so easy to see that if the M4 was to be tuned to be more city friendly, or the c63 was updated to be more technologically current or either was setup for cross state sprints in absolute comfort and safety, the would have come up with the formula for the RC F. The car behaves in traffic, shrugs off road imperfections, blasts from standstill with authority and handles with a great margin of safety that inspires confidence; not the let me keep pushing it til the *** kicks out confidence, but the 'I know what will happen predicatbly each time if I do 'x'. '

Let's face it, for bragging rights, wanting to own the best of what a care does by other people's standards, (never mind, most of use will never push these machines to their limit even 20% of the time of ownership), people deny themselves a real treat by not expereincing this car. Now my judgement is based also on the fact that I havce a GTR, and its by far the most clincal speed machien I have ever driven. So for me the role of daily driver, grand tourer, occasional ramp obliterator could be no other that the RC F. What a breath of fresh air and to think I was going to skip this based on the 'professionals' that keep trying to put this car in a box it was not really intended to be fit within.