RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Ordering a new RC F - Room to Bargain off MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-15, 09:26 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

You will get a huge discount on this build outside of your region.. As a 2015 leftover...

Doesn't hurt to shop around and look into shipping costs as well..

Happy Holidays

Joe Z

Originally Posted by omnikey
I am looking for a molten pearl RC F fully loaded (ML sound, premium package) without the performance package. Would prefer the 20 spoke wheels. Nothing like this available near me.
Old 12-25-15, 11:18 PM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
You will get a huge discount on this build outside of your region.. As a 2015 leftover...

Doesn't hurt to shop around and look into shipping costs as well..

Happy Holidays

Joe Z

We saved thousands by importing from a CA dealer.. and get this: No sales tax.

CA law states that sales tax must be paid on all vehicles if the tires hit the pavement in CA. If the car is picked up by a transporter off the lot and taken out of state, no sales tax is charged. However, for lien purposes if financed, the car must be titled in CA. Simple title transfer in your own state.

Voila. YMMV.
Old 12-26-15, 06:38 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmacks
We saved thousands by importing from a CA dealer.. and get this: No sales tax.

CA law states that sales tax must be paid on all vehicles if the tires hit the pavement in CA. If the car is picked up by a transporter off the lot and taken out of state, no sales tax is charged. However, for lien purposes if financed, the car must be titled in CA. Simple title transfer in your own state.

Voila. YMMV.
We just drove through Kailua today.

1. We missed seeing your F!

2.Where th' hell do you drive your car hard around there??!
Old 12-26-15, 07:08 PM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 7No
We just drove through Kailua today.

1. We missed seeing your F!

2.Where th' hell do you drive your car hard around there??!
Too nasty to take her out today.. wash day! We have the H3 on-ramp off of KBay Drive that goes all the way until Kam Hwy to the Pali or Like Like or H3. The Pali hair pins are plenty fun.. ending with a double tunnel and valves open on the Meisterchaft..
Old 12-26-15, 10:10 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmacks
Too nasty to take her out today.. wash day! We have the H3 on-ramp off of KBay Drive that goes all the way until Kam Hwy to the Pali or Like Like or H3. The Pali hair pins are plenty fun.. ending with a double tunnel and valves open on the Meisterchaft..

BTW, we didn't see a cop on the saddle road - but no one was apparently exceeding the slooooow 55.
Old 12-27-15, 10:10 AM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks like Lexus of Naperville in Naperville, IL has an orange 2015 with Mark Levinson and the hand polished wheels minus the performance package.
Old 12-27-15, 05:18 PM
omnikey
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks interesting. Naperville is local for me, being in Chicago. Just curious, how did you find this out?
Old 12-27-15, 06:01 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

I did a search on cars.com for RC-F within "all miles". I started looking through the results in the $75k range, and it showed up with actual photos of it. Some of them show a stock photo of a molten pearl car, but actually are another color in the details. Lexus of Naperville website shows it has Mark Levinson. I was just browsing around seeing what was out there.
Old 01-01-16, 08:51 AM
omnikey
Rookie

Originally Posted by Frog98

That would be a nice car if you could find one. I would have picked the same except for the color. I found a car just like that while I was looking a month ago in Dallas, but it was black. I ended up with a silver car with the 10 spoke wheels minus the Mark Levinson. I had Mark Levinson on a 2014 ES and a 2011 GX and was never blown away by them. You do get a more fuller sound with better highs from what I can tell. I haven't heard the Mark Levinson in the RC F, but I do think the base sound system isn't bad. I can certainly live without ML for the deal I got on a 2015 with the triple beam headlights and the color I wanted. Hope you find what you are looking for!
I am curious on the 10 spoke wheels vs. the 20 spoke hand polished wheels. Do you like the 10 spokes? Do you have any regrets not getting the 20 spoke?

Last edited by omnikey; 01-01-16 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-01-16, 08:58 AM
omnikey
Rookie

Originally Posted by Salil022
Better off Finding a Dealer with 2015 Leftover RCF inventory....You can end up saving $9-$10k off MSRP + $3k Lexus Finance Cash. (Total of $12-$13k off)

Let us know your deal.
I have found several dealers with 2015 configs of interest to me. Is $9K -$10K off MSRP typical for a 2015?

I am visiting 2 dealerships tomorrow, and hope to make a deal, but if the deals are not good enough, I'll just order a 2016.
Old 01-01-16, 09:48 AM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Exclamation

I have found several dealers with 2015 configs of interest to me. Is $9K -$10K off MSRP typical for a 2015?

I am visiting 2 dealerships tomorrow, and hope to make a deal, but if the deals are not good enough, I'll just order a 2016.

YES...For a 2015 leftover, you should be easily able to get at least $9k off if not $10K off
Old 01-01-16, 10:05 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

From the public stand point all new cars should be sold from 5000 to 10000 off. I would ask 25,000 off a 2015 RCF. Let me know how it works out.
Old 01-01-16, 10:11 AM
Frog98
Lead Lap

I am curious on the 10 spoke wheels vs. the 20 spoke hand polished wheels. Do you like the 10 spokes? Do you have any regrets not getting the 20 spoke?
I wasn't sure after buying whether or not I should have got the 20 spoke, but now I would chose the 10 spoke again. Love the way they shine! They do take a while to hand clean to get brake dust off. I would assume the 20 spoke do as well though.
Old 01-01-16, 01:02 PM
omnikey
Rookie

Originally Posted by Frog98
I wasn't sure after buying whether or not I should have got the 20 spoke, but now I would chose the 10 spoke again. Love the way they shine! They do take a while to hand clean to get brake dust off. I would assume the 20 spoke do as well though.
FWW, I have always liked the asymmetric aspect of each spoke on the the 10 spoke wheels. What is also interesting is how each wheel spoke sort of disappears near the center of the wheel in your picture. On your RC F they look fantastic with liquid platinum paint!
Old 01-01-16, 01:28 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

FWW, I have always liked the asymmetric aspect of each spoke on the the 10 spoke wheels. What is also interesting is how each wheel spoke sort of disappears near the center of the wheel in your picture. On your RC F they look fantastic with liquid platinum paint!
Thanks! I didn't notice how asymmetric they were until I first cleaned them. Each of the spokes takes a real dive towards the center of the wheel...I guess that is what give it the disappearing look. I hear lots of people talk about liking the base wheel and the hand polished 20 spokes, but nobody mentions the 10 spoke much.

Quick Reply: Ordering a new RC F - Room to Bargain off MSRP?