RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Modding with a lease

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-15, 04:36 PM
GixxerGuy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Modding with a lease

So i noticed lots of people on here doing mods which is great. I leased mine, but want to do a few things like axle back exhaust and lowering, maybe some wheels. Obviously the wheels can be switched back quick and easy as long as i keep them, but then lowering springs and exhaust would take a bit more work.

My question is this... how many people here that are modding, are also LEASING? Whats the game plan once the lease is up?

I have modded tons of cars in my day, but i always bought and sold them so didnt matter as much.

Thanks for the input.
Old 12-23-15, 08:03 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

I've had no issues with similar "reversible" mods on other Lexus vehicles but I've always signed into a new Lexus lease prior to the term end while dealing with my same sales rep, same dealer over the years.

With my IS, I may trade it in 2016 well before my term end for another Lexus (TBD) and I won't bother paying about the same amount in labor to remove a set of RSR Downs, but I will DIY unbolt my axle back and replace it with the stock one.
Old 12-23-15, 09:48 PM
Santanas
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GixxerGuy
So i noticed lots of people on here doing mods which is great. I leased mine, but want to do a few things like axle back exhaust and lowering, maybe some wheels. Obviously the wheels can be switched back quick and easy as long as i keep them, but then lowering springs and exhaust would take a bit more work.

My question is this... how many people here that are modding, are also LEASING? Whats the game plan once the lease is up?

I have modded tons of cars in my day, but i always bought and sold them so didnt matter as much.

Thanks for the input.
You can do whatever you want and just put it back to stock before returning the car.
Old 12-24-15, 07:02 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 174 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Santanas
You can do whatever you want and just put it back to stock before returning the car.
This^

Springs and exhaust take no time to install or replace. The exhaust can be done in less than an hour of labor and the springs around 2 hours. The springs are super simple if you have a spring press (25$ at an auto parts store). I'll sell you my RSR lowering springs for cheap if you decide to go for it. Most exhausts for the RCF should easily sell when you decide to part it back out.
Old 12-24-15, 04:41 PM
GixxerGuy
Rookie

Ya thats what i was thinking. I ordered my springs today. Probably going to pull the trigger on an axle back exhaust in the next few weeks. Stock is just too quiet!!!! lol

Thanks for the input guys
Old 12-25-15, 06:35 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
This^

Springs and exhaust take no time to install or replace. The exhaust can be done in less than an hour of labor and the springs around 2 hours. The springs are super simple if you have a spring press (25$ at an auto parts store). I'll sell you my RSR lowering springs for cheap if you decide to go for it. Most exhausts for the RCF should easily sell when you decide to part it back out.
C, why are you getting rid of your springs, did you replace them with something else? Do they change the ride of the car at all?
Old 12-25-15, 07:36 PM
GixxerGuy
Rookie

Ya, they make the car sit about an inch lower
Old 12-26-15, 09:30 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 174 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
C, why are you getting rid of your springs, did you replace them with something else? Do they change the ride of the car at all?
Hey Johnny, merry Christmas! Yeah I replaced them with the Penske coil overs a few weeks ago. They are pretty comfy(lowering springs), but I took a corner pretty fast and stomped on it...causing the car to squat and bottomed out the springs. This cut the rear wiring harness and after it was all done I ended up paying Lexus 750$ for the new harness and labor. Not happy.

Originally Posted by GixxerGuy
Ya, they make the car sit about an inch lower
Yep, that's about it.....just for looks.