RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

so apparently I don't actually drive a Lexus.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-15, 11:20 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Dude, it's sounds like he is just messing with you and may actually be admiring your car if checking it out next day.

I could see myself saying the same thing if I saw RCF for first time and had not paid any attention to any of the newer non grandma, grandpa Lexus models. "Lol, I said that ain't no Lecus, that is cool!" when I first saw the RCF. S550 dude actually may be pretty cool and a car guy.

The S550 is also a sweet ride and the best it gets for that size and price range and I am a non-Mercedes guy. I, however, did see a new CLS AMG 63 in matte grey and all blacked out the other day in my hood. That was one of the coolest cars I have seen in a while . . . been thinking about trading my RCF for one . . . just haven't had time to go Mercedes dealership. The new matte colors are pimp!

Last edited by DougHII; 12-08-15 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-08-15, 11:29 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Actually Lexus has never stop making a 2 Door.. The SC430 stop in 2010, but in 2011 the IS-C has been built until now..

This funny incident is hilarious and reminds me when I was on an Air Force base where my friend ran the "Auto Hobby" Shop where you can work on your own car for a few dollars per hour (Dirt cheap) if you're military.. This is many years ago when the 2nd Gen GS came out and I was one of the first to have a GS400 in town. Anyways, this guy came up to the office all Ecstatic speaking and ask whose "AWESOME, WIDE-BODY CIVIC" that's parked out front?!?

I was like, what Civic? The guy says, the Silver one with the Spoiler on the back..
I calmly as I could, said "Just go read the badging on the trunk please.."
Old 12-08-15, 11:38 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I use to get the "Damn that's a nice *** Miata" when I drove my s2000
Old 12-08-15, 12:00 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
Dude, it's sounds like he is just messing with you and may actually be admiring your car if checking it out next day.

I could see myself saying the same thing if I saw RCF for first time and had not paid any attention to any of the newer non grandma, grandpa Lexus models. "Lol, I said that ain't no Lecus, that is cool!" when I first saw the RCF. S550 dude actually may be pretty cool and a car guy.

The S550 is also a sweet ride and the best it gets for that size and price range and I am a non-Mercedes guy. I, however, did see a new CLS AMG 63 in matte grey and all blacked out the other day in my hood. That was one of the coolest cars I have seen in a while . . . been thinking about trading my RCF for one . . . just haven't had time to go Mercedes dealership. The new matte colors are pimp!

no dude wasn't messing with me, he was talking down to me like a "get off my lawn" cranky old man..

it was rather hostile and irritating, I just smiled and nodded and got on with my day.

he didn't see me today, and his circling my car and shaking his head was him continuing his mocking and idiocy..

I've see him in the coffee shop nearly ever day, he seems to get off on being an a$$ to the workers and other patrons. Then he sits right outside the door at a table and pollutes the entrance with his cigar intentionally.

He isn't a car guy, he's a cranky old man that thinks his own $h1t doesn't stink and he is better than everyone because he owns an MBZ.

There are a couple of squids (crotch rocket bikers) that frequent this coffee shop and I suspect one of these days he's going to get is old a$$ knocked out with his antics. These kids don't like him and he is always screaming idiocy at them.
Old 12-08-15, 01:53 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Two ways to deal with people like him:

1) Nod your head and say "ok, if you say so". Let him go on believing he is right.
2) Tell him to mind his own f'in business.

I guess these two options would depend on your mood at that given time.
Old 12-08-15, 08:06 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SC300Es

1) Nod your head and say "ok, if you say so". Let him go on believing he is right.

3) Find another coffee shop.
Old 12-09-15, 08:29 AM
asinow
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

He's right, it's actually a Ford Pinto with a new body attached

Originally Posted by mjeds
stopped to get my morning coffee this a.m. as a I do every morning.

some older "gentleman" walked up it to me as I was leaving and told me that I should remove the Lexus badges from my car because it's embarrassing.

According to this person Lexus doesn't make a 2 door and hasn't since 2008 and while he doesn't know what my car is, he thinks I am embarrassing myself by putting Lexus logos and badges all over it.

Old 12-09-15, 10:00 AM
RAMAIR47
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Old bastard

Next time tell to Get Schwifty with it.
Old 12-09-15, 10:36 AM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

I would have replied something along these lines:

Well, aren't you a car genius? how about you use something that is available practically at our fingertips at any time of the day, it's called the "INTERNET". It's actually been around for quite longer than say, 2008, in case you haven't heard about it either... When you go on it, you should use a website called "Google" and do a "Google search". Search for a car, that seats right in front of you, called the Lexus RCF. Once you see the information that comes up (it even has nice colored pictures and everything) educate your "genius" brain on what the Lexus RCF is. Compare it with this car that seats right in front of your nose and then go take a look at yourself in the mirror and try to figure out who is the dumbass that is embarrassing himself. Good day sir!
Old 12-09-15, 12:58 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why are we dissing "old" folks here? What does age have to do with it? This dips**t happens to be old. No other evidence exists in the world that younger folks can not also be so afflicted?
Old 12-09-15, 02:42 PM
lcooper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
I would have replied something along these lines:

Well, aren't you a car genius? how about you use something that is available practically at our fingertips at any time of the day, it's called the "INTERNET". It's actually been around for quite longer than say, 2008, in case you haven't heard about it either... When you go on it, you should use a website called "Google" and do a "Google search". Search for a car, that seats right in front of you, called the Lexus RCF. Once you see the information that comes up (it even has nice colored pictures and everything) educate your "genius" brain on what the Lexus RCF is. Compare it with this car that seats right in front of your nose and then go take a look at yourself in the mirror and try to figure out who is the dumbass that is embarrassing himself. Good day sir!
Or just chuckle about it and go about your day. If I got that worked up over someone else's ignorance I don't think I could make it through the day...
Old 12-10-15, 12:09 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by SC300Es

I just ignore people like this, I posted it here because I thought it was funny.

Originally Posted by 7No
Why are we dissing "old" folks here? What does age have to do with it? This dips**t happens to be old. No other evidence exists in the world that younger folks can not also be so afflicted?

no offense but I'm an old folk. I am 50, so I am right about the same age as this guy, maybe 6-7 years younger, but my wife is 59 so IMO I am more than allowed to "diss" old folks, I'm 50, have 75% snow white hair but I keep my head shaved so you can't really tell, I have a hip replacement from a motorcycle accident 15 years ago and walk with limp and cane and park in disabled parking because I am old.

and yes younger folks can be afflicted with the same idiocy, perhaps more so.

however this isn't really about his comment, more about his attitude of superiority that he seems to have, it's not about dissing the old folk as much as dissing the arrogant and ignorant folk.

Last edited by mjeds; 12-11-15 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-10-15, 06:11 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
no offense but I'm an old folk. I am 50, so I am right about the same age as this guy, maybe 6-7 years younger, but my wife is 59 so IMO I am more than allowed to "diss" old folks,
You're not old. You're a whippersnapper!
Old 12-10-15, 10:14 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I prefer the hipster types that say "whoa, dude, you got an LFA???". That's a mistake I can live with haha...
Old 12-11-15, 07:46 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: so apparently I don't actually drive a Lexus.