RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Exhaust hunt

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-15, 11:04 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Exhaust hunt

I didn't want to throw up this link to the other exhaust posts, as I didn't want to hijack anybody.

It's pretty hard to determine the exhaust sound on YouTube. You just don't get the same sound, especially if the mic is on the outside. Inside the cabin you get a better idea.

I stumbled across this video and description. I wanted to get your guys thoughts. I'm personally looking for a nice solid sound, meaning not outrageously loud but louder than stock. More importantly the tone to be consistent and not raspy at certain times. Kind of a lot to ask for, but I want that clean, mean exhaust you would expect for a performance car. This restriction bull**** from the factory is just absurd. Rules, rules, and regulations I know I know, but geez they just kill the fun.

Cheers mates,
Old 11-27-15, 02:23 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Any thoughts?
Old 11-27-15, 09:13 PM
kareemRCF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like either joez or apexi would be perfect for you.

a bit louder than stock and they look nice.
Old 11-27-15, 11:24 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
sounds like either joez or apexi would be perfect for you.

a bit louder than stock and they look nice.
Yea good call kareemRCF, I'm leaning towards the apexi from another vid on the forums I found. I like that sound.

Dang $2,190 for that guy, plus installation. The wife is going to kill me!
Old 11-28-15, 04:53 AM
kareemRCF
Driver

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF
Yea good call kareemRCF, I'm leaning towards the apexi from another vid on the forums I found. I like that sound.

Dang $2,190 for that guy, plus installation. The wife is going to kill me!
$2190 is a bargain!

I paid $5000+ for my GT HAUS Meistershaft But i'm telling you right now, it is the best $5000 ever spent!
Old 11-28-15, 08:47 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

I love my Apexi exhaust. The figment was absolutely perfect. Took less than hour to install. I'm sure all the exhausts on here (GT Haus, JoeZ ) would make you happy. In the end I chose the Apexi for looks. I didn't like how you can see the one larger can as where the Apexi has two cans..... To me it just looks cleaner. I also like the blued Ti tips. It came down to the Apwxi or the JoeZ for me. I do like the ability of the GT Haus to open/close the exhaust......but I figured I would always leave it open, so that negated it for me. If that's something you'd think you'd use then I'd go with the GT Haus

Old 11-28-15, 10:27 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carnevino
I love my Apexi exhaust. The figment was absolutely perfect. Took less than hour to install. I'm sure all the exhausts on here (GT Haus, JoeZ ) would make you happy. In the end I chose the Apexi for looks. I didn't like how you can see the one larger can as where the Apexi has two cans..... To me it just looks cleaner. I also like the blued Ti tips. It came down to the Apwxi or the JoeZ for me. I do like the ability of the GT Haus to open/close the exhaust......but I figured I would always leave it open, so that negated it for me. If that's something you'd think you'd use then I'd go with the GT Haus
I second this.

the apexi with resonators sounds like exactly what you are looking for. I absolutely love mine and i've had two ridiculously loud ISF's prior to this RCF

EDIT: the old lady just chimed up and mentioned the same thing, she loves the sound of my RCF compared to ISF's
Old 11-28-15, 12:19 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I've had PTS/JoeZ installed since July, about 9000 mi on it. I am in love with everything about it except the look from the rear, but that it is fixable. I get a lot of admiring comments about the sound, and it makes the in-cabin ASC kind of irrelevant. I can't comment on how it compares to Apexi, haven't heard it. In my humble opinion, you can't go wrong with JoeZ from both price and quality perspective.
Old 11-28-15, 06:20 PM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No offense meant to anyone as it's all personal taste.. but to me.. I couldn't bring myself to hang dual can style mufflers from a Lexus. It reminds me too much of the fart can Civics that run around. JUST ME. *shrug*

Meisterschaft all the way..

Last edited by jsmacks; 11-28-15 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-29-15, 07:53 AM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

For those interested in Apexi- The have lowered the price on their site by $350. Also the accel controller is on sale as well.
Old 11-29-15, 10:14 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jsmacks
No offense meant to anyone as it's all personal taste.. but to me.. I couldn't bring myself to hang dual can style mufflers from a Lexus. It reminds me too much of the fart can Civics that run around. JUST ME. *shrug*

I felt the same way about the Apexi, however I loved the sound.

I painted the canisters black and it changed the look entirely. Can't even tell anymore, just black and blue'd titanium.

You guys can have your 5k made in china exhaust that makes the car sound like a raspy camaro...

Name:  C4FAED14-922D-4D5D-B9E1-F3CEF0B9866D_zpsga5kaax5.jpg
Views: 1452
Size:  244.4 KB

Name:  FB0F0688-7806-499F-89F3-10B34556B9ED_zpsfc0jh06g.jpg
Views: 1433
Size:  172.4 KB
Old 11-29-15, 10:17 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jsmacks

I painted the canisters black and it changed the look entirely. Can't even tell anymore, just black and blue'd titanium.

You guys can have your 5k made in china exhaust that makes the car sound like a raspy camaro...

Name:  C4FAED14-922D-4D5D-B9E1-F3CEF0B9866D_zpsga5kaax5.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  244.4 KB

Name:  FB0F0688-7806-499F-89F3-10B34556B9ED_zpsfc0jh06g.jpg
Views: 1451
Size:  172.4 KB

I had e-cutouts on my ISF, and as much as I loved opening them right behind the headers and dumping direct to atmosphere it was completely obnoxious and only bearable for a fleeting moment.

Name:  39D2606B-3B96-41DD-AEEE-6891B436FB1F_zpsapqjcbud.jpg
Views: 1443
Size:  104.7 KB

Last edited by 4everkidd; 11-29-15 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-29-15, 11:21 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

The Apexi or Meistershaft are the 2 most popular exhausts we sell.
We actually have a container coming in this week with both exhausts on there.
I can give any forum member some great deals in honor of Cyber Monday.
1-855-998-8726
Old 11-29-15, 12:23 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Fysisist
I've had PTS/JoeZ installed since July, about 9000 mi on it. I am in love with everything about it except the look from the rear, but that it is fixable. I get a lot of admiring comments about the sound, and it makes the in-cabin ASC kind of irrelevant. I can't comment on how it compares to Apexi, haven't heard it. In my humble opinion, you can't go wrong with JoeZ from both price and quality perspective.
We appreciate your honest feedback..!!!

Glad to hear overall this was the Winner for you...

Joe Z
Old 11-29-15, 07:22 PM
kareemRCF
Driver

Originally Posted by 4everkidd

I had e-cutouts on my ISF, and as much as I loved opening them right behind the headers and dumping direct to atmosphere it was completely obnoxious and only bearable for a fleeting moment.

your apexi is made in taiwan by the way..

and sounds too girly for a v8!

Quick Reply: Exhaust hunt