RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF Vandalized

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-15, 07:52 PM
ghoffner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCF Vandalized

Well...I've had my RCF for 4 days now and it's already been keyed. Walked out of the gym tonight to see this....both front doors and right rear quarter panel.

The police put down $3,000 in damage in the report. Does that sound about right? Anybody recommend a shop in Houston?

My buddy said that there are camera devices that record from the inside of your car, while its parked and you aren't in it. Anybody recommend one or know where to look. I 100% will be getting one now

I'm so mad that I'm literally lost for words...

Last edited by ghoffner; 11-13-15 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-13-15, 08:10 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

DAMN Man, i cannot imagine what you was thinkin' when you came outside & saw this. I Hope the Hell they have something on maybe an outside camera or somebody saw something. This is UNREAL why some JERK would do this (do you have anybody that you know that could have done this, jealous GF, mad ex-wife, etc..). That also looks like it's all the way thru the clear coat & down to the metal. Keep us informed!

Last edited by johnnyreb; 11-13-15 at 08:14 PM.
Old 11-13-15, 08:17 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to see this :'( ... breaks my heart.. do you have good insurance?
Old 11-13-15, 08:43 PM
ghoffner
Driver

Can't think of any possible person who would do it. Absolutely no idea. I feel like somebody saw myself get out of it and thought i don't deserve the car or somebody randomly saw a nice car and got jealous.

Yes, It's definitely through the clear coat and down to the metal.

And yeah, insurance is pretty good. Gonna call geico tomorrow.
Old 11-13-15, 10:14 PM
djeayzonne
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry to hear that mate. That is just terrible news. Hope your insurance can take care of it for you on a timely basis.
Old 11-14-15, 12:09 AM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

Man that sucks. I hope the repaint will look on par with new.

Here's a site to start out with.
http://www.blackboxmycar.com/collect...ue-dr650gw-2ch

It's a bit expensive but from my understanding, the Power Magic Pro connects directly to your car battery and uses minimal battery power to turn on dashcam into parking mode which will record 24/7.

Here's a video for a more detailed explanation:
Old 11-14-15, 02:18 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

This was posted on my other thread:

Originally Posted by ThaDRD
My dash cam is always on but only records when there is movement (which is all the time when driving, and when something happens in front of it while parked).

I have this one: Amazon.com : Street Guardian SGZC12SG - Late 2015 v2 Pro Series - (GPS) - SUPER DELUXE KIT (32GB SD Memory Card / New Screw On CPL Filter & Special Mounts) DashCam with Updated 2015 Sony Exmor IMX322 CMOS Sensor OTG Android Compatible via included reader : Car Electronics

Combined with this to protect from battery drainage: Amazon.com : MotoPark Multi Safer Low Voltage CUT OFF Hard Wire Power Supply BDP KIT (Battery Discharge Prevention Mutli Safer Moto Park) : Camera & Photo

And then tapped into an open live fuse slot with an add-a-fuse: Amazon.com: Littelfuse FHA200BP ATO Add-A-Circuit Kit: Automotive

Yes, that is the mirror tap website, but that's only for radar detectors.
Old 11-14-15, 05:41 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

I hate people... Wow, such disrespect.

I run a dash cam myself, only issue is it requires a fairly substantial bump in order to turn on when the car is off.
Old 11-14-15, 06:02 AM
keithS
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So sorry for this. What a way to start out your car ownership. This also happened to my brother, who had parked way away from other cars in a single slot, and it was brand new but just a plain ole Chevy, not a luxury vehicle. Some people just can't stand others having nice things I guess.
Hope you can get it fixed like new and again enjoy your new toy.
Old 11-14-15, 08:30 AM
ghoffner
Driver

Thanks everybody. Definitely going to look into these cameras posted.

Lexus gave me an estimate of $1,000-$1,500 for repairs. Which, I was thinking 2 to 3 times that easily. Only problem is that it's going to take 7-10 days.
Old 11-14-15, 09:17 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I hope people who do **** like this roll their cars on the way home . They deserve it . Total trash. Some POS who is so pathetic ,'miserable, and envious that he would actually damage the car. Smh
Old 11-14-15, 10:08 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

WOW. Keying someone's car is probably one of the most disrespectful things a person could do IMO. Regardless of how much I did not like someone, I could never get myself to do this..

Hope insurance takes care of you!
Old 11-14-15, 10:35 AM
ghoffner
Driver

Originally Posted by FR500GT
WOW. Keying someone's car is probably one of the most disrespectful things a person could do IMO. Regardless of how much I did not like someone, I could never get myself to do this..

Hope insurance takes care of you!
Thanks. Yeah, it's not really about the money or inconvenience, but more about the principle of purposely vandalizing somebody's car. You really have to be a POS, lowlife, scumbag to do that.
Old 11-14-15, 10:36 AM
ghoffner
Driver

Well I went back to the gym and they have cameras on that level of the parking garage. But it doesn't appear my car was in direct view of any of them. However, I'm going to go view some footage on Monday. Fingers crossed that I can see something.
Old 11-14-15, 11:47 AM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is despicable. However, if you get an inside-the-car cam and own any weapons, get rid of the weapons. If you ID someone keying your car, you'll do serious slammer time after you erase them.

Quick Reply: RCF Vandalized