RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

No synthetic oil for RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-15, 04:01 AM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
So basically what you're saying is that if I eat at McDonald's all the time, nothing bad will happen?
hahaahahahaahahha
Old 11-25-15, 08:37 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Weapon F
This was covered in ISF forum years ago it's been proven that after using standard oil with 5000 miles Blackstone independent well-known repetable testing company found no significant breakdown of the oil and recommended the next oil change to be done at 7000 miles. Using full synthetic upwards of 12000 miles. Is synthetic a better oil of course it is but you can you standard motor oil with no ill effects to your motor.

It all comes down to preference and how you drive your car, if you track it, drive it hard on constant basis, like to go longer in between oil changes then synthetic by all means.

I've been using synthetic in my ISF for nearly 5 year now, and My ISF is running as strong as ever, I'll be bring it in for 60k check up. Just replaced my front rotors (60k on them)with new set of brembo'a and Project Mu pads, air filter, mobil 1 synthetic oil and filter, cleaned Mass air sensor, replaced in cabin filter, and spark plugs. I like turning wrench plus by doing these schedule maintenance work myself I significantly reduce the cost of the 60k mile checkup by dealership. I'll have them change brake fluid, replace diff oil, and check rest of car out for me.

Exactly...
As a matter of fact I'll be sending out my 1st sample for testing today with 113k miles on the clock!!
On Mobil Conventional Oil

Crossing my fingers.. LoL

Joe Z
Old 11-25-15, 02:05 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Exactly...
As a matter of fact I'll be sending out my 1st sample for testing today with 113k miles on the clock!!
On Mobil Conventional Oil

Crossing my fingers.. LoL

Joe Z
Good deal Joe keep us posted, this is one of the best ways,to see health of your motor. You get so much info from their report some much more than just condition of your oil.

One of reason I opt for synthetic, living here in Westchester County a suburb of New York City we get extreme temperature shift zero in the winter and 100 in the summer, stop and go traffic and I drive my car aggressively I don't beat on it, but I push at times lol. I've been to NJMP twice on both tracks lighting and thunder, Monticello Raceway as well as Englishtown and Atco and this is my DD got love it.
No synthetic oil for RCF?-20151113_180821.jpg
Old 11-25-15, 03:49 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

Good deal Joe keep us posted, this is one of the best ways,to see health of your motor. You get so much info from their report some much more than just condition of your oil.

One of reason I opt for synthetic, living here in Westchester County a suburb of New York City we get extreme temperature shift zero in the winter and 100 in the summer, stop and go traffic and I drive my car aggressively I don't beat on it, but I push at times lol. I've been to NJMP twice on both tracks lighting and thunder, Monticello Raceway as well as Englishtown and Atco and this is my DD got love it.
Attachment 374713
Glad to hear you're still in it...

Joe Z
Old 11-25-15, 05:15 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Attachment 374713

Do you have any Pics of your Front Splitters & Who you got them from? Thanks
Old 11-25-15, 10:30 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Do you have any Pics of your Front Splitters & Who you got them from? Thanks
Here you go the company I purchased them from no longer exist went out of business. But there are so many companies out there just need to find what you like.
No synthetic oil for RCF?-2012-05-05-20.11.18.jpg

No synthetic oil for RCF?-2012-05-05-20.07.53.jpg

No synthetic oil for RCF?-2012-05-05-20.09.45.jpg
Old 11-25-15, 10:35 PM
Weapon F

No synthetic oil for RCF?-2013-09-17-23.32.46.jpg

No synthetic oil for RCF?-2012-05-05-20.10.05.jpg
Old 11-26-15, 08:55 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
You need to read into why the RCF requires 10qts of oil... The high volume system ensures the engine is never starved for oil, and also aids in the cooling of the oil.

The ISF shares a 10qt system as well. It works.

Sounds like you needed an excuse not to pull the trigger.
BTW, it takes around some 9 +/- quarts of synthetic oil on my old 2006 MB SLK55 AMG. I believe it is around the same amount in Porsche engines? BMW?? I think the more the oil in the engine the more effective in heat dissipation and etc. I must admit that I am not an engineer or anything remotely connected to the field. This is just my own observation, conclusion, and opinion.

Also I think if one can really AFFORD owns/leases a car like a RC-F, then the amount of oil (9 quarts versus 4/5/6 quarts or whatever) is really not an issue. Just take care of the car and drive and enjoy!!!
Old 11-27-15, 11:07 AM
buch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought 10 litres of Castrol Edge (full synthetic) 5W30 at Costco here in Vancouver for $60 (that's about $45 for you folks south of the border), and my dealer lets me supply my own oil for changes. This is lower cost than the dino oil they use on the car so why not go for a superior product (post break-in of course).
Old 11-27-15, 01:08 PM
Weapon F

Just like Buch does, if you want just bring your own synthetic oil and filter. I've done this for years it drastically reduce cost of oil change. All the dealer does is put in there remark and on invoice customers supplied oil.
Old 11-28-15, 02:50 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I just got my dealer provided free oil change at 10K mi, since I did the 5K change myself (Mobile 1 5W-30). The Lexus dealer installed Mobile 1 5W-30 in the car, I verified that on the invoice and that is what the service manager stated. The dealer where I bought the car told me I get two free services, one of them will include an oil change, the other will be top off fluids and inspect only. So it sounds like there is inconsistency between dealers in different locations?? That seems pretty bizarre. How can it be that some dealerships are using synthetic, others not?? That just doesn't make any sense at all. What are the cars coming out of the factory with?? According to my dealer they are rolling out with Mobile 1 5W-30. Doesn't matter to me now, since I'm not taking the car to the dealer for oil change, I DIY and I'll be using Mobile 1 but I have a very hard time believing that different Lexus dealers are using different types of oil.
Old 11-28-15, 03:43 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

^^ It's true different dealers use different oil types & brand...

Fact: The RC F • 2UR-GSE comes with 5w30 Conventional Toyota Motor Oil from the Factory
(Definitely not Mobil 1)

Non Synthetic

Joe Z
Old 11-28-15, 03:51 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Ah so not only are the dealers not all on the same page, they are blowing smoke about it to boot... but how do you know the info you have is solid? What's your source? Did you go to a Lexus regional manager or something?? If the dealers don't know what's going on I assume you have to go to people that work directly for Lexus.
Old 11-28-15, 03:56 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Fysisist
Ah so not only are the dealers not all on the same page, they are blowing smoke about it to boot... but how do you know the info you have is solid? What's your source? Did you go to a Lexus regional manager or something?? If the dealers don't know what's going on I assume you have to go to people that work directly for Lexus.
No not necessarily... It's on the oil cap & the owners manual..

IF synthetic was a requirement or it came with a Mobil 1 factory fill.. It would be mentioned in the literature with out a doubt...

Joe Z
Old 11-28-15, 05:12 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
No not necessarily... It's on the oil cap & the owners manual..

IF synthetic was a requirement or it came with a Mobil 1 factory fill.. It would be mentioned in the literature with out a doubt...

Joe Z
FWIW: Lexus told me if you are pushing the car to the extreme, the synthetic oil is a great option. It is not a requirement. It's just a choice each owner needs to make.

Quick Reply: No synthetic oil for RCF?