RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lowering Issue (RSR Springs)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-15, 10:26 PM
Zydan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lowering Issue (RSR Springs)

Edit: Should have titled it: Lowering Issue (RSR Springs) as not saying anything is wrong with the springs.

Anyone running RSR springs having any issues, I've had them on for I'd say about 7k miles now.
When I went to get my first alignment after I had installed springs and wheels and drove a little bit the tech at Lexus said my front sway bars weren't connected, so they reconnected then some loctite to make sure wouldn't come undone again.

So 7k miles later my RC-F started driving really bad, the rear felt like it was moving all the time, and the car was not handling at all.
I tried getting an alignment and re-balancing the wheels, helped a little, but not near like it was in the beginning, then I drove it in the rain and almost lost control of it.

So I took to dealership and they said the tie rods were loose, looking at other things as well, then they're re-tightening and re-aligning.

I'm supposed to get back tomorrow and hoping all is good, thinking about going back to stock springs at this point.

Anyone else experiencing any issues like this?

Last edited by Zydan; 11-10-15 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-10-15, 06:09 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

I think about the same amount of miles on my RSR springs and I haven't noticed a thing yet. I will say I'm going to get a set of the new Penske coil overs once they are released in 2 weeks. The springs are ok, but a car like this should have proper coils on them if you like to drive aggressively like I do. Zydan, I'd suggest getting the bushing kits from Figs along with the rear camber adjustment arms.
Old 11-10-15, 08:25 AM
Zydan
Driver

Originally Posted by Carnevino
I think about the same amount of miles on my RSR springs and I haven't noticed a thing yet. I will say I'm going to get a set of the new Penske coil overs once they are released in 2 weeks. The springs are ok, but a car like this should have proper coils on them if you like to drive aggressively like I do. Zydan, I'd suggest getting the bushing kits from Figs along with the rear camber adjustment arms.
Yeah I'm thinking about getting the coilovers as well once they're released, just saw the other members review on them. I should have edited title as lowering issue, wondering if anyone experience any issues with lowering there car, that maybe more pressure is put on the bolts or something. I don't know why else that things would be loose.

Lexus just called me said they tightened and adjusted the left rear tie rod, and two of the rear lateral rods, and then re-aligned the car as the toe was out by .85 degrees, but it was just in spec 2 weeks ago when I got it aligned, so guessing the loose suspension caused it to go out again.

Going to pick it up in a few hours and hope it's back to normal driving, oh the fun of modding.
Old 11-10-15, 08:42 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

mine is fine right now. although my 20 inch tires will slightly rub the wheels wells at a hard turn while hitting a bump.
Old 11-10-15, 10:46 PM
Zydan
Driver

Well if anyone is curious, picked it back up from dealership and it is back to driving normal, hopefully it doesn't happen again.
Old 11-11-15, 07:08 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

couple thousand K on mine with RSR and no issues as of yet.

I will be definitely be keeping an eye on it.
Old 11-11-15, 01:54 PM
GSGUAM
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Zydan
Yeah I'm thinking about getting the coilovers as well once they're released, just saw the other members review on them. I should have edited title as lowering issue, wondering if anyone experience any issues with lowering there car, that maybe more pressure is put on the bolts or something. I don't know why else that things would be loose.

Lexus just called me said they tightened and adjusted the left rear tie rod, and two of the rear lateral rods, and then re-aligned the car as the toe was out by .85 degrees, but it was just in spec 2 weeks ago when I got it aligned, so guessing the loose suspension caused it to go out again.

Going to pick it up in a few hours and hope it's back to normal driving, oh the fun of modding.
Sounds like an installation issue
Old 11-11-15, 07:35 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow, Z i hope you get everything fixed Buddy. I guess this is why i just normally do lil' mods since i don't track it. I would love to drop the front a lil' bit but to Me it's just not worth spending several thousand $$$ to do it & then have some problems like this arise just to lower it an inch or 1.5 of an inch or maybe ride just a tad better. GL getting everything worked out!
Old 02-08-16, 04:58 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Zydan, any issues today after the retightening of the suspension parts? How many additional miles are you at?
Old 04-01-16, 07:30 PM
papasmurf1
Rookie

ive had them on my car for 5k miles now no issues at all
Old 04-01-16, 10:12 PM
NYCRC
Rookie

Originally Posted by papasmurf1
ive had them on my car for 5k miles now no issues at all

I have about 1k miles on mine and no issues. Keep in mind I live in NYC and have dealt with pretty rough roads in the 1k.