RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Takeda Retain Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-15, 05:32 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Takeda Retain Air Intake

Is anyone using this specific air intake in the RC F? If so, is the performance gain noticeable?

http://dme.com.sg/store/othermodels/...intake-system/
Old 11-05-15, 06:09 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am going to be honest, the stock intake on this car is very good, most of the after market stuff ends up pulling in hot air and let dust in, you really need a sealed box that grabs air for a cold source to make it work.

I say try it and dyno it but every one I have ran on 10+ cars always feels more sluggish after heat soak unless it's a sealed box with a good air source.
Old 11-05-15, 07:42 AM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To reinforce what Ryanmcd said, I spoke to Apexi last month and they acknowledged our stock intake is great, which is why they will only be offering a silicone intake pipe(sourced from HPS) along with a drop in dry filter. The rep did say no more than 7-8hp/8-10tq is to be expected.
Old 11-05-15, 09:32 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
I am going to be honest, the stock intake on this car is very good, most of the after market stuff ends up pulling in hot air and let dust in, you really need a sealed box that grabs air for a cold source to make it work.

I say try it and dyno it but every one I have ran on 10+ cars always feels more sluggish after heat soak unless it's a sealed box with a good air source.
Thanks Ryan!

Based on your advice, I may leave the stock intake in place and drive on.
Old 11-05-15, 10:36 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISF001
Thanks Ryan!

Based on your advice, I may leave the stock intake in place and drive on.
I think the exhaust would be the way to go for power and a little more sound, remember our intake already has the best of both worlds as it's a cold intake and has the flap to add in more sound when you open the throttle.
Old 11-05-15, 03:12 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

i made my own intake for about $80. Then I made 410 whp on a dyno. with a joez exhaust

Last edited by LRCSALES; 11-05-15 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-05-15, 03:17 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
i made my own intake for about 80 made 410 whp. with a joez exhaust
Any chance you have a comparative dyno without the intake and just the exhaust? because otherwise that info is useless.

I ran the Injen intake on both of my ISF's and despite the controversy over whether or not they made power I loved the looks and the sound they made.

However at $690, the thing had better be made out of titanium.
Old 11-05-15, 04:30 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
Any chance you have a comparative dyno without the intake and just the exhaust? because otherwise that info is useless.

I ran the Injen intake on both of my ISF's and despite the controversy over whether or not they made power I loved the looks and the sound they made.

However at $690, the thing had better be made out of titanium.

nope i sure dont. but I'm making on a dyno what other people are making with the lems and or JOEZ
Old 11-05-15, 05:19 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

I have seen a lot of intakes lose HP an a NA car as well, this one is good as one of the better one's I have seen, if it had turbo's or was SC'ed I would think it would be better to look into but at this point not sure we are going to gain much of out it until someone does a before / after on the same dyno, I would guess 3-5HP gain at best and maybe 3-5HP loss even.
Old 11-05-15, 08:45 PM
rmsimmonsj
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
Is anyone using this specific air intake in the RC F? If so, is the performance gain noticeable?

http://dme.com.sg/store/othermodels/...intake-system/
My car is currently the prototype for the Takeda intake and the picture you posted is not an official RCF for this car. It wont be in production to the public for another month. I cant post any info on the intake system in terms of gains or pricing yet but when they say I can post up specifics I will write up an honest review. Here is a picture till then....

Old 11-05-15, 09:51 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by rmsimmonsj
My car is currently the prototype for the Takeda intake and the picture you posted is not an official RCF for this car. It wont be in production to the public for another month. I cant post any info on the intake system in terms of gains or pricing yet but when they say I can post up specifics I will write up an honest review. Here is a picture till then....

This one seems more in line with the Lems & JoeZ doesn't it? It's Only the tube & is still just connected to the Stock Air Filter Unit right?
Old 11-06-15, 06:25 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Not sure how a tube is going to add any HP, it may look better but HP I would say 0. If anything I would spend the 20-40$ on a K&N drop in filter or something like that maybe your best bet.
Old 11-06-15, 06:41 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by rmsimmonsj

What happened to the two horns?
Old 11-06-15, 09:41 AM
rmsimmonsj
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
What happened to the two horns?
One is by the takeda logo and the other is close to the throttle body on the right side.

It does not use the stock filter. It has a closed spiral filter with a takeda box that attaches to the stock box.
Old 11-06-15, 09:57 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

As soon as you are able, post any quantifiable data and your impressions.

Quick Reply: Takeda Retain Air Intake