RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Planning on getting an RC-F

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-15, 02:43 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts
Default Planning on getting an RC-F

Hi guys, got some questions before I decide to pull the trigger on this. I will be trading in my 2013 IS-F with roughly 12K miles, if I go through with this purchase, or lease, whichever is better. What I'm looking at is an Ultra white with carbon package, TVD and all that. I am curious to know what other owners have experienced as far as issues with the car being a first model year. I have read about the fuel pump and the rear spoiler. And I'm sure Lexus is working on resolving that if not already resolved, I don't know. I just read posts here and there. I have also read one owner's post about interior rattles, is that also a common issue? What else should I expect?
Production date of this car I'm looking at is 09/15 if that makes any differerence. I appreciate any input I can get. Has anyone regretted switching from the is-F to RC-F? What other issues has anyone had? Thanks guys! Also I will try to negotiate on the price of course, they already told me about the 3K towards purchase or lease.

Old 11-04-15, 03:31 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I think if you're going to trade your ISF, buying would be better unless it's a lease-to-lease trade. Interior rattles is not too bad and it's not all the time. RCF is definitely faster unless you somewhat moded your ISF. If you don't have more than 1 passenger constantly, RCF should be good. But if you like 4 doors then, GSF would be better except the headlights & tailights look weird... I only drove it for almost 1900miles and front seat passengers' fuse blew that I may/may have not caused it after "hot wiring" it for a police radar. Others might have more encounters. But overall it's an awesome car personally...
Old 11-04-15, 04:09 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

The rear wing has been updated with a new part months ago. You shouldn't have to worry about the wing anymore. Fuel pump.......well, you're either lucky or you're like Dbcooper on here and have had to get THREE fuel pumps. If you like lightly modding( headers, exhausts, intakes) then parts are finally starting to appear. I think you'll enjoy your RCF over your old ISF, unless four doors is a must.
Old 11-04-15, 04:17 AM
ghoffner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Myself and another member just got deals of $12.5k and $12.9k off on leases. That includes the $3000 lease cash. I definitely wouldn't sign those papers unless you get $13k off I total.
Old 11-04-15, 05:12 AM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was in the same boat as you. I sold my ISF of 5 years for the RCF. Mine is a 12/14 build and i have had her since 12/14. So far i have had ZERO issues. My wing works, my fuel pump is fine and I have minimal rattles. I don't let this car sit and collect dust nor even care about the mileage. I drive the car as much as I can. The RCF compared to the ISF is totally different car. The RCF is way more refined and i feel like i have more control, driving wise. The engineers really put a lot of time into making this car amazing with all the little stuff we did complained about with the ISF.

The ISF was a raw beast while the RCF is controlled beast. I miss the ISF for its four doors and thats about it. The car was made to be driven and does it well. The power band is amazing. Im a die hard Lexus fan I always will be and I think Lexus did a fantastic job of making a reliable performance car that can take your girl on a date with comfort yet hit up the track and the back roads with ease, while also giving you the satisfaction that your driving a car that should give you no major issues down the road.

There are way more parts for RCF this early then the ISF had its whole run, which is amazing. You had a awesome build with high quality parts on your ISF. It would be awesome to see what you do with a RCF.
Old 11-04-15, 06:05 AM
JT2MA71

Thanks guys for the great inputs so far. I was there at the dealership yesterday to pick up some headlights for my daily IS300 and saw this thing in the showroom. It's not like I haven't seen them before, but this Ultra white with carbon package has been my dream build from lexus. The reason my IS-F has low miles, although i've seen lower, is that I've always thought of this day. It is modded as far as I can mod it though, and custom headers was already in the works. Here's my IS-F which I know I will miss if I go through with the purchase.

Old 11-04-15, 08:18 AM
JT2MA71

Will 11 wide 60 offset wheels fit in the back and 9.5 49offset in the fronts? I'd like to keep my ISS forged wheels.
Old 11-04-15, 12:04 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

The good news is your car was probably one of the last made, with a 9/15 build date. Mine is 6/15, and has several un-Lexus-like rattles, with all of 750 miles. It only had one since day 1, inside the door panel, but can't be quieted pressing everywhere. The most annoying one is over the curtain airbag, from A to B pillar. But I have to say that crap is more of a quality control issue, than a first model year one, but could be wrong.
As far as the wing, I think it was an early issue, but mine is deployed permanently most of the time (except when washing), so not too worried about that. Fuel pump issue is very disappointing, since Lexus hasn't acknowledge it, and keeps replacing fuel pumps with equally bad ones. With my luck, I'll have issues with it for sure. The good news is no major problems so far, but I need to learn the lesson of no first-model-year cars anymore. Having said that, I wouldn't have bought this car if it wasn't a Lexus. But even Lexus doesn't do things right the first time anymore; always cheaper to use customers as beta-testers. Anyway, with such a late build, you should be okay with everything except maybe the fuel pump. Good luck.
Old 11-04-15, 04:22 PM
tonyrd1
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

PM sent for your ISF
Old 11-05-15, 05:30 AM
JT2MA71

Sorry, didn't get a chance to check messages after work. I went straight to the dealer. Test drove and took the new car home a few hours later

Saying goodbye

Hello there!
Old 11-05-15, 05:37 AM
ghoffner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
Sorry, didn't get a chance to check messages after work. I went straight to the dealer. Test drove and took the new car home a few hours later

Saying goodbye

Hello there!

AWESOME!!!
What were your thoughts on the test drive? I still haven't driven one although I have a deposit down holding one currently. Going to pick her up Monday
Old 11-05-15, 05:55 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Congratulations!!!
Old 11-05-15, 06:03 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

RCF is sexier...
Old 11-05-15, 06:15 AM
keithS