RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Any one else missing the 10k in your pocket after Hellcat commercial ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-15, 07:28 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Nitrous RCF vs Hellcat
Old 11-06-15, 10:39 AM
skdvm95
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. At the risk of pissing in your wheaties, here's the scoop from a Charger Hellcat owner. The only reason I'm on this site, is that before I got the Hellcat, the RC-F was planned to be my next daily driver. After it came out, I was dissapointed with the performance and went with the 'cat. For a little background, I am not a brand snob and have owned everything from Audi's to Chevy's and have owned or driven just about every combination of drivetrain possible--(naturally aspirated 4/6/8's, turbo 4/6's, ohc high revving 8's/pushrod 8's/centri supercharged 8's/pd blower 8's). My current other car is an Audi S4 w/ the 4.2 and I just sold my Lingenfelter supercharged vette. Having driven just about every combo there is, nothing compares to a big displacement blown V8. Nothing. You guys really need to drive one and see for yourself. Yeah a high rev n/a V8 is nice, but the Hellcat really is in a different league. It's a quiet , comfortable, easy to drive cruiser until you put your foot in it and all hell breaks loose--in any gear, at any RPM. The exhaust valves open, the supercharger screams and it is an instant " holy ****! that's ****in' awesome" **** eating grin every time. I too never thought I'd own a Dodge, but this car has exceeded my expectations in every way. Is it Lexus quality?--well no, of course not, but you'd be surprised just how good it is. I know I was.
As for those of you who think it is only good in a straight line, you're dead wrong. Yep, it's big and heavy, but it stills pulls 0.94g on the skid pad and will corner dead flat and faster than you have any business going on the street. It will easily outcorner my S4.
Track star--nah, but it is not the wallowy pig you think it's going to be.
For those of you who aren't brand snobs and would never be seen in an FCA product, find a friend with a Hellcat and take it for a drive. You won't regret it.

*** I just want to clarify since tone is impossible to convey on a message board, that I'm not dissing the RC-F in any way. I'd agree that it is an overall better car than the 'cat, but you really shouldn't dismiss the hellcat just because it's a Dodge. They really did do a good job on this car and the fun-to-drive quotient is off the chart. Give it a chance if you can find one***

Last edited by skdvm95; 11-06-15 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-06-15, 12:09 PM
sapd911
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

)))))))))))))))))
Attached Images  
Old 11-06-15, 12:43 PM
Zerafian
Pit Crew

Received 110 Likes on 38 Posts

honestly, the shell of the car keeps me away from it, its a boat on wheels visually.
Old 11-06-15, 12:46 PM
skdvm95
Driver School Candidate

Agreed, it's not the prettiest thing out there, but it is better in person than in photos
Old 11-06-15, 01:28 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

My sentiments exactly. Some cars are the whole "balance of luxury + performance" while others in the same price range are "performance and everything else be damned." For $65k-70k.... 700hp with a soundtrack to match is a no-brainer.

Originally Posted by skdvm95
Ok. At the risk of pissing in your wheaties, here's the scoop from a Charger Hellcat owner. The only reason I'm on this site, is that before I got the Hellcat, the RC-F was planned to be my next daily driver. After it came out, I was dissapointed with the performance and went with the 'cat. For a little background, I am not a brand snob and have owned everything from Audi's to Chevy's and have owned or driven just about every combination of drivetrain possible--(naturally aspirated 4/6/8's, turbo 4/6's, ohc high revving 8's/pushrod 8's/centri supercharged 8's/pd blower 8's). My current other car is an Audi S4 w/ the 4.2 and I just sold my Lingenfelter supercharged vette. Having driven just about every combo there is, nothing compares to a big displacement blown V8. Nothing. You guys really need to drive one and see for yourself. Yeah a high rev n/a V8 is nice, but the Hellcat really is in a different league. It's a quiet , comfortable, easy to drive cruiser until you put your foot in it and all hell breaks loose--in any gear, at any RPM. The exhaust valves open, the supercharger screams and it is an instant " holy ****! that's ****in' awesome" **** eating grin every time. I too never thought I'd own a Dodge, but this car has exceeded my expectations in every way. Is it Lexus quality?--well no, of course not, but you'd be surprised just how good it is. I know I was.
As for those of you who think it is only good in a straight line, you're dead wrong. Yep, it's big and heavy, but it stills pulls 0.94g on the skid pad and will corner dead flat and faster than you have any business going on the street. It will easily outcorner my S4.
For those of you who aren't brand snobs and would never be seen in an FCA product, find a friend with a Hellcat and take it for a drive. You won't regret it.

*** I just want to clarify since tone is impossible to convey on a message board, that I'm not dissing the RC-F in any way. I'd agree that it is an overall better car than the 'cat, but you really shouldn't dismiss the hellcat just because it's a Dodge. They really did do a good job on this car and the fun-to-drive quotient is off the chart. Give it a chance if you can find one***
Old 11-06-15, 05:37 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
I don't even think the 2 cars are comparable. They appeal to 2 very different buyers. Hell...why not just get a GT350 if that's what you're looking for? Or a simple Mustang GT and spend the extra $20k on engine mods (twin turbos, anyone?).

Sure...if all you wanna go fast in a straight line or lay long patches of rubber...the RCF may not be for you. But there's no way I would compare ANY Lexus to a 'counterpart' from dodge. But that's just me...
^^^^This...we're comparing oranges and apples. Someone at the office bought one. If destroying asphalt rather than clinging to it is your thing, don't purchase the RC F. The Hellcat is far from a precise instrument on a track, struggling to hold the line.

It's another smoke house...and it's a Dodge.
Old 11-06-15, 05:58 PM
7No
Intermediate

1. I wouldn't even think about a hellcat if there is a chance of a snowflake around and
2. Annual insurance premiums would be the other reason you'll exclaim "Holy *****" besides the acceleration.
Old 11-06-15, 06:20 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Just cause it's a Dodge doesn't sway me one way or the other, i do own a Dodge Viper & it'll be with me till the day i Die! But, these two vehicles shouldn't even be on the same i'm trying to decide what car i want to buy List! jmo
Old 11-06-15, 07:31 PM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Even though I "only have" 556hp /551ft-lbs compared to your 707hp / 650ft-lbs we both have 6.2L Blown V8's. So I not only agree with what you're saying, but I can relate to it.

There really is nothing like the feeling you get when a small press of the pedal makes the tires break loose at any speed at any time. No hesitation just an immediate rush that hits you like a freight train. And lets not forget the sound of the supercharger whine under partial or full throttle that is so freaking addicting.

Every time I drive my V it puts a big grin on my face. Just as your Hellcat does for you and I'm sure the RC-F does for it's owners. And at the end of the day IMO that's all that matters.

That's a special car you have there, continue enjoying it. As if I had to tell you that LOL..
Old 11-06-15, 09:10 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
Even though I "only have" 556hp /551ft-lbs compared to your 707hp / 650ft-lbs we both have 6.2L Blown V8's. So I not only agree with what you're saying, but I can relate to it.

There really is nothing like the feeling you get when a small press of the pedal makes the tires break loose at any speed at any time. No hesitation just an immediate rush that hits you like a freight train. And lets not forget the sound of the supercharger whine under partial or full throttle that is so freaking addicting.

Every time I drive my V it puts a big grin on my face. Just as your Hellcat does for you and I'm sure the RC-F does for it's owners. And at the end of the day IMO that's all that matters.

That's a special car you have there, continue enjoying it. As if I had to tell you that LOL..
That's just Crazy what some of these Caddy's have these days, these are NOT your Grandparents old caddys. These cars can pretty much run with Anything on the road. I've just Never Really cared for the looks of them (i guess to me its kind of like the Hellcat, about as Fast as Anything on the road but just lacking in the Looks category, they just Don't have the Curves)! jmo
Old 11-07-15, 01:53 AM
skdvm95
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 7No
1. I wouldn't even think about a hellcat if there is a chance of a snowflake around and
2. Annual insurance premiums would be the other reason you'll exclaim "Holy *****" besides the acceleration.
I have a dedicated set of snow tires for the cat and in eco mode with traction control I don't expect it will be any worse than any other rwd car. Besides, I have the S4 for snow days.

Suprisingly my insurance is only 350.00/6mo. I'm sure a young single guy might get raped on the premiums, but as an older married guy with a clean record, it's no problem.
Old 11-07-15, 01:57 AM
skdvm95
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JT4

I tried really hard to get my wife to go for a cts=v wagon but she just wouldn't bite
Old 11-07-15, 07:13 AM
Zerafian
Pit Crew

Received 110 Likes on 38 Posts

Iam surprised these two cars are being compared though. Obviously the love of some power is a given when you go to buy a 400hp+ car. Comparing the hellcats 700 to the RCFs feels like they shouldnt even be in the same realm. On the flip side you have the entire aesthetic of the two cars. The RC body, in my opinion attracts completely different buyers then the challenger would. Maybe I have a more narrow view when it comes to liking specific cars though, Im not sure. Lexus has that class/elegance to it where dodge, well...its dodge. They arent known for their classy take on anything...Im not sure what I would consider dodges trait honestly.
Old 11-07-15, 01:46 PM
7No
Intermediate

I have a dedicated set of snow tires for the cat and in eco mode with traction control I don't expect it will be any worse than any other rwd car. Besides, I have the S4 for snow days.

Suprisingly my insurance is only 350.00/6mo. I'm sure a young single guy might get raped on the premiums, but as an older married guy with a clean record, it's no problem.
Yup, but don't get that first ticket....

Quick Reply: Any one else missing the 10k in your pocket after Hellcat commercial ?