RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Any one else missing the 10k in your pocket after Hellcat commercial ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-15, 12:26 PM
trexm3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one else missing the 10k in your pocket after Hellcat commercial ?

After not being able to light my tires up at a stand still whenever id like , I have now found myself drooling over the hellcats price for power cost! Don't get me wrong I love my rcf but I'm always wanting a little more raw control . Is there any other owners out there who just want a little bit more ? Burn out mode , take the limiter off , also if any of you have done any upgrades to make going sideways easier please share ! I already have traded in a rc350f for the rcf so I'm going to stick with the car for a while but any help to get her more to her track core would be appreciated .
Old 11-03-15, 03:42 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not a muscle car guy but Id give up my RCF for a Hellcat if they had one available at the dealership. I love the RCF and invested quite a bit of money into the car but always want something faster... Something shoulda told me to hold off on the RCF, but that's what trade-ins are for

Last edited by aWorkOfArt; 11-03-15 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-03-15, 05:24 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I Guess it All Depends on what you want in a Vehicle Yeah it has 707hp & says it'll go 206 on the Track (if you are a track kind of guy) BUT, you Are Comparing a DODGE to a LEXUS Like i said it ALL Depends on what you're looking for in a Car. Yeah, it would be GREAT to have a lil' more Torque or just be able to put a Tune on it, but for Everyday Driving i Don't think there's a Comparison 206mph on the Track isn't going to be Very Useful for Everyday Driving jmo
Old 11-03-15, 05:25 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

jesus...that is an awesome commerical.

Hellcat would be a great weekend/tinker car.
Old 11-03-15, 05:31 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't even think the 2 cars are comparable. They appeal to 2 very different buyers. Hell...why not just get a GT350 if that's what you're looking for? Or a simple Mustang GT and spend the extra $20k on engine mods (twin turbos, anyone?).

Sure...if all you wanna go fast in a straight line or lay long patches of rubber...the RCF may not be for you. But there's no way I would compare ANY Lexus to a 'counterpart' from dodge. But that's just me...
Old 11-03-15, 06:00 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
I don't even think the 2 cars are comparable. They appeal to 2 very different buyers. Hell...why not just get a GT350 if that's what you're looking for? Or a simple Mustang GT and spend the extra $20k on engine mods (twin turbos, anyone?).

Sure...if all you wanna go fast in a straight line or lay long patches of rubber...the RCF may not be for you. But there's no way I would compare ANY Lexus to a 'counterpart' from dodge. But that's just me...
Rick, this is what i was sayin' just in a Roundabout way
Old 11-03-15, 07:07 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Current Ingredients:
-Probably Sports+ mode, Traction off = Expert Mode.
-TVD=Track Mode.
-Swerve vigourously to drift.

Possible future ingredients
-New intake
-New Headers+Exhaust System
-Pupo's Nitrous
-Idk if it's possible but some crazy muscle car guy told me to put V8 Turbo kit
-And something nice...
Old 11-03-15, 07:55 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by trexm3
After not being able to light my tires up at a stand still whenever id like , I have now found myself drooling over the hellcats price for power cost! Don't get me wrong I love my rcf but I'm always wanting a little more raw control . Is there any other owners out there who just want a little bit more ? Burn out mode , take the limiter off , also if any of you have done any upgrades to make going sideways easier please share ! I already have traded in a rc350f for the rcf so I'm going to stick with the car for a while but any help to get her more to her track core would be appreciated .
Traction Control OFF = Burn Out Mode

Joe Z
Old 11-04-15, 01:20 AM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

You couldn't pay me to drive a Dodge. I don't care how much horsepower it has.
Old 11-05-15, 12:07 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

This is the car you buy now and store for a later date when they make driving as fun as being neutered and politically impossible in the future with "self driving cars".
You take your grandson who just arrived at your house in a levitating car and take him out to the barn and show him this car. Tje experience will leave him smilimg. Of course, gas will be $25 a gallon and a weekend permit to drive it is $400. But you'll be damned if you give this up. Lol.
Old 11-05-15, 06:14 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
This is the car you buy now and store for a later date when they make driving as fun as being neutered and politically impossible in the future with "self driving cars".
You take your grandson who just arrived at your house in a levitating car and take him out to the barn and show him this car. Tje experience will leave him smilimg. Of course, gas will be $25 a gallon and a weekend permit to drive it is $400. But you'll be damned if you give this up. Lol.
Old 11-05-15, 02:12 PM
trexm3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the delayed response guys of course a Lexus to a dodge isn't a comparison , but I bought the rcf as a dd and to track on the weekends. I have rr Westminster for ****ty weather and traffic . I also have a xkr and m5 in the line up so its disappointing when my 06 m5 sedan smokes my rcf haha . I traded in a Vette for my rcf so I'm just regretting some of the rawness at this point . As I mentioned originally went with the rc350f and was instantly displeased . Lexus made it so easy to get out of it and In to the rcf I think that's the main reason I went with it . I love the car don't get me wrong I just would love some more power and give me a damn handbrake if this thing is supposed to be track worthy ! I'm sure some of you guys on here I'll be in contact with as it seems like the only logical setup right now is to spray a 100shot for some highway power . All in all Lexus compared to a dodge isn't the same in any sense material and make up wise .. But 60k ish for 700 hp makes you atleast entertain the idea ....
Old 11-05-15, 02:27 PM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It's 700hp in a terrible chassis...no thanks. If I want a smoke machine, I can get one cheaper.
Old 11-05-15, 09:00 PM
TTechLexus
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really a dodge challenger??? for 70k!
Old 11-05-15, 09:30 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
Well played. Bravo.

Quick Reply: Any one else missing the 10k in your pocket after Hellcat commercial ?