RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Here she is!!!

Old 11-06-15, 09:02 AM
method3d
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's doable. I got $8k off plus $4750 in rebates, 0 down payment. For the month of November they have a $4k rebate for RCFs.
Originally Posted by MGB1120
All Great Reasons! Still waiting to hear back, told them i want another 3k off $9k total plus $3k Lease Cash $0 down or ill wait
Old 11-06-15, 12:57 PM
dj5
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

The black and red is a sweet color combo. I just sent out a couple of price inquires and the first quote came back with a $10.8k discount. I may shop around a little more but that's a pretty nice discount. Thanks to ghoffner for the pictures and the pricing alert. I wasn't in the market, but I may be now.
Old 11-06-15, 03:12 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ghoffner
Leasing for a 2 main reasons...
1. I view leasing as an insurance policy for depreciation. If the car goes under and isn't worth anything in 3 years, then I literally owned it for as cheap as possible. If the car does great and is worth more than my investment after 3 years, then I'll buy it out and either keep it or resell it.
2. I got a deal of $0 down and am only paying $677/month...with a money factor of 0.0008 (1.9% APR). This means 2 things...
- I'm not putting $20k down and then losing 50% of that as soon as I drive off the lot.
- I can keep money in other investments and generate returns that support me paying the 1.9% APR. (I considered 1 pay lease, but again it doesn't make sense to me)

If you don't plan on keeping a car long term (8+ years), I don't understand why you WOULD NOT consider leasing...unless you drive 30k miles a year or something...

Other input?
Man some of that **** made a lot of sense and it didn't cross my mind about the depreciation affect. I didn't think the RC-F was going to have that much of a problem selling units.. I'm a little concerned about the GS-F now.
I have never leased a car and I always heard it was for those that wanted the newer car every few years and didn't want to deal with the financing and hassle of owning a car. " leasing was a cheaper option". I drive a lot since my job is 1hr plus from my house so the 7500 miles I see you guys getting per year would be gone in 4 months for me.
Old 11-06-15, 03:21 PM
ghoffner
Driver

Originally Posted by dj5
The black and red is a sweet color combo. I just sent out a couple of price inquires and the first quote came back with a $10.8k discount. I may shop around a little more but that's a pretty nice discount. Thanks to ghoffner for the pictures and the pricing alert. I wasn't in the market, but I may be now.
$10.8k which includes the $3k in lease cash? Or 10.8+3?
Old 11-06-15, 03:24 PM
ghoffner
Driver

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
Man some of that **** made a lot of sense and it didn't cross my mind about the depreciation affect. I didn't think the RC-F was going to have that much of a problem selling units.. I'm a little concerned about the GS-F now.
I have never leased a car and I always heard it was for those that wanted the newer car every few years and didn't want to deal with the financing and hassle of owning a car. " leasing was a cheaper option". I drive a lot since my job is 1hr plus from my house so the 7500 miles I see you guys getting per year would be gone in 4 months for me.
Yeah, that's unfortunate for how much you drive. Sometimes leasing is the better option and other times buying is...just depends on the details.

I just can't stand when you tell somebody you're leasing and they say "but you're wasting all that money and not buying anything?" Smh...then there's the people that automatically assume "well he/she is leasing so they really can't afford the car and are leaving outside of their means".
Old 11-06-15, 06:10 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, that's unfortunate for how much you drive. Sometimes leasing is the better option and other times buying is...just depends on the details.

I just can't stand when you tell somebody you're leasing and they say "but you're wasting all that money and not buying anything?" Smh...then there's the people that automatically assume "well he/she is leasing so they really can't afford the car and are leaving outside of their means".
I agree and can see both sides of the argument for & against leaseing. So many factors go into it but what one has to remember these are corporate accountants and either way they will not loose money. Leasing is great for first generation car, helps you get a feel for it and if your gone most of the time or only commute like my wife 6 miles away doesn't make sense.to own a car payment for five years.
Old 11-06-15, 06:42 PM
boostedGS
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Black + red.. niiiice!
Old 11-06-15, 06:53 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be lying if i didn't say- think those things earlier in my adulthood lol. I always heard leasing was bad and was for peeps that couldn't afford the newer model but that was the only way they could. Lease = lower payment than purchasing... I also remember the mileage limitations and the want for a newer car every 3 years.

If i had a job closer to my home i would do it.. Im in a specialized military unit that is 130 miles from my house ( one way) so i put about 30K on my cars over 12-14 months however I have a commuter and i don't DD my IS-F.. If i ever went the GS-F route and traded my IS-F in, i would probably lease..

I'm always weary of 1st gen cars anyway and always wait for them to work out bugs, issues, options etc. I then go for the later years. I'm still waiting to see how the AT-V turns out and the GS-F... im wondering if the GS-F will have the same problems selling as the RC-F has had, because i am really interested in picking one up!

Token.
Old 11-07-15, 02:40 PM
dj5
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

$10.8k which includes the $3k in lease cash? Or 10.8+3?
The $10.8k discount includes the $3k lease cash. List $72.2k, purchase/lease price $61.4k. This does not include taxes and fees. I checked with Sewell Internet Manager and they said they couldn't match this deal.
Old 11-07-15, 02:51 PM
djeayzonne
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Just to make sure you are negotiating the correct numbers, the lease cash doesn't actually lower the sales prices of the car. It is a technicality but does slightly raise the cost of taxes. The sales prices of the car is whatever you negotiate, then the lease cash is applied to 'upfront costs' so that on paper you put 4000 or so down as you must at least put down your first month's payment plus 350 or so in fees.

Maybe they said they couldn't match the 61.4 on the actual sales price of the car because that would actually be over 10K off before the lease cash. You might want to make sure just in case.
Old 11-07-15, 04:07 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

The best way to make sure a lease is a good deal run ALL numbers for a 3-yr lease, including down, taxes, and everything (don't forget the fee to return the car). Then do the same with a 5-yr purchase agreement, run an amortization table, and add the first 3 years in payments, plus down, taxes, etc. Then compare the lease residual value with the purchase balance at 3 years, and adjust the difference to one or the other, to equalize the amounts 'financed'. And you'd have the best apples to apples comparison possible (you might get less in a trade-in, but leases typically err on the safe side. That's why I said 'best', not exactly apples to apples). That will give you specific total costs for using the car for 3 years (except maintenance, insurance, and gas, of course). With so many variables and complications, leases are hard to digest, and more common than not, are not better deals than purchases after all their fees and crap, especially with interest rates so low. Plus you have the option to keep the car, not having to fix little crap, and put more miles if you want to. Unless a lease is a heck of a deal, you're better off buying, even if you want to trade the car every 3 years anyway. And yes, sometimes you find those deals, but that's usually on unwanted and/or slow selling models, and at the end of a year. Just a thought.

Last edited by JCtx; 11-07-15 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-07-15, 04:40 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Originally Posted by method3d
It's doable. I got $8k off plus $4750 in rebates, 0 down payment. For the month of November they have a $4k rebate for RCFs.
Out of state estimates for me since I'm in a lease are about $3k more, compared to my deal I have with 6k off plus 3k lease cash and buyout of my current lease, so I don't know what to do
Old 11-07-15, 05:42 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Originally Posted by method3d
What are you paying per month?
Old 11-07-15, 06:05 PM
ghoffner
Driver

Originally Posted by MGB1120
Out of state estimates for me since I'm in a lease are about $3k more, compared to my deal I have with 6k off plus 3k lease cash and buyout of my current lease, so I don't know what to do
put your foot down and tell them no and you'll keep looking. They'll budge. you can definitely find $9k off and the additional $3k in lease cash
Old 11-09-15, 09:23 AM
ghoffner
Driver

Out with the S5...in with the RCF.

THIS CAR IS UNREAL. THAT SOUND!!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Here she is!!!