RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Maintenance at 1,000 miles or 1 month?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-15, 09:06 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Maintenance at 1,000 miles or 1 month?

I thought I had thrown this up the other day, but I must not have hit submit. My bad if I double posted, but I just wanted to see if you guys had to take your RC F in for a 1,000 mile or 1 month maintenance? I got an email stating it was due for it. I was surprised one was due so soon, because the salesman told me it would be due at 5,000 miles.

The first 2 services are complimentary of Lexus, but I didn't want to use it up if I didn't really have to right now. Just wondering what you guys did. I'm just at 920 miles now.

Cheers,
Old 10-24-15, 10:07 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I just hit 1k myself & i didn't take mine in, to me that's Crazy just to take it back after 1 month or 1k miles but i'm also actually about an hour & a half from my Dealership. It's not like they do that much other than maybe change the oil , check the wiper blades & check the driver place mat (i think this was from a law suit they had because of what i have no idea, i mean WHO checks the driver place mat for a vehicle check up). Lol! I guess if you want them to change something else it might be worth it.
Old 10-25-15, 09:35 AM
buch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I favour changing out the oil after initial spirited breakin with lots of engine loading and rev variation. I did my initial oil change service at 500 miles, and think Lexus is being smart about this. I replaced the initial dino oil with more of the same at this early change for continued breakin value, and then switched to synthetic at 5,000.
Old 10-25-15, 10:05 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by buch
I favour changing out the oil after initial spirited breakin with lots of engine loading and rev variation. I did my initial oil change service at 500 miles, and think Lexus is being smart about this. I replaced the initial dino oil with more of the same at this early change for continued breakin value, and then switched to synthetic at 5,000.
Good idea buch, Definitely Couldn't Hurt it MAKE SURE you check that Drivers Side floor mat before you're through
Old 10-25-15, 10:52 AM
buch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Good idea buch, Definitely Couldn't Hurt it MAKE SURE you check that Drivers Side floor mat before you're through
lol ... you'd love the checker box floor mats I bought from cocomats.com ... and, they came with the factory fasteners so it's only me stepping on the gas and not the mats :-)
Old 10-25-15, 06:57 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First Scheduled Maintenance Service:

30 Days or 1,000 Miles Lexus provides your first scheduled maintenance service at no charge. The service is performed at 30 days or 1,000 miles, whichever occurs first, and includes these items:

• Inspect body/chassis
• Check for fluid leaks
• Inspect wiper blades
• Check installation of driver’s floor mat
• Road-test vehicle
• Program Lexus Personalized Settings, if requested

So I took mine in last week for it's FREE 1,000 mile service. Service guy said this will be a quick 45 min - 1hr service appt since the items listed above don't take long........ya right, my @$$. 2.5 hrs later I finally left. Guess the techs didn't know how to adjust the blinker setting. When I got it the blinker on went for 3 blinks before turning off, I wanted 5 or more blinks. They had to call LEXUS Corporate Technicians to figure it out, and they said you had to do a sequence of things with the windshield wiper lever......in short, I wasn't impressed. The service guy sent me an email which I told him I wasn't pleased with the long appt and then they sent me a survey, which I said the same thing.

Of note, I was low on oil. I told them to check it based on a few folks here who said they were low on their first maintenance, so the dealership leveled it off. With that, he couldn't explain to me why it was low. I'll be asking for a new service guy next time, especially since he couldn't tell me if the RCF used conventional or synthetic and why...btw, our RCF's use conventional and the oil needs to be changed every 5,000 miles.