RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

2016 Lexus RC F Product Information and $63,745 Pricing announced..!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-15, 11:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
The Orange calipers are a $300 option...

Hopefully they don't slap them on every color / build.

From what I heard.. Allocations for 2016 are being skewed substantially...

The car is GOOD.. Just needed less weight & power..

Joe Z
huh? the car needs even less power?

what do you mean 2016 allocation skewed substantially?
Old 11-10-15, 06:30 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by rominl
huh? the car needs even less power?

what do you mean 2016 allocation skewed substantially?
My bad... MORE power... just my .02 cents

If you have a **** load of 2015's, the theory would be to make less 2016's

If the demand is not there... You don't keep making an abundant supply of them.

Economics 101

~ Joe Z
Old 11-10-15, 08:45 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

^
How soon before the V8 gets dropped and will RCF survive past 2016 MY?

Lexus overpriced this car imo and dealers were not doing most customers any favors for first 6 months.....

Anyway hope RCF sticks around until the refresh in 2018!
Old 11-10-15, 09:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Joe Z
My bad... MORE power... just my .02 cents

If you have a **** load of 2015's, the theory would be to make less 2016's

If the demand is not there... You don't keep making an abundant supply of them.

Economics 101

~ Joe Z
that's what i thought, i was afraid that you were going to say lexus will continue to push the rcf like they did with the remaining allocation on the lfa.

seriously i thought they would have learned from isf and control the inventory better

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
^
How soon before the V8 gets dropped and will RCF survive past 2016 MY?

Lexus overpriced this car imo and dealers were not doing most customers any favors for first 6 months.....

Anyway hope RCF sticks around until the refresh in 2018!
yes, the first 6 months... that was brutal. i still remember how stern dealerships were and how in a matter of 2 months it went to the other extreme
Old 11-11-15, 04:38 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
seriously i thought they would have learned from isf and control the inventory better
Simple economics common sense, right? But all manufacturers are stupid in that regard. Nissan did the exact same thing with the GTR. When I bought mine, there were a crapload of 2014s left over, but since the '15s had several improvements, I paid about $10K more for one, thinking they're going to produce less, so Nissan was not forced to offer $5K incentives anymore. Well, you guessed it: still produced a crapload, and had to offer TEN GRAND incentives by the time I sold mine, with a crapload of both 2014s AND '15s leftover.Therefore resale value plummeted even more, so I lost 25 grand on mine in a few months with just 5K miles. That destroys confidence. Ask me if I'd ever buy another one. No way in hell. Hope Lexus doesn't make the same mistake. We'll find out soon enough.
Old 11-11-15, 04:59 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Simple economics common sense, right? But all manufacturers are stupid in that regard. Nissan did the exact same thing with the GTR. When I bought mine, there were a crapload of 2014s left over, but since the '15s had several improvements, I paid about $10K more for one, thinking they're going to produce less, so Nissan was not forced to offer $5K incentives anymore. Well, you guessed it: still produced a crapload, and had to offer TEN GRAND incentives by the time I sold mine, with a crapload of both 2014s AND '15s leftover.Therefore resale value plummeted even more, so I lost 25 grand on mine in a few months with just 5K miles. That destroys confidence. Ask me if I'd ever buy another one. No way in hell. Hope Lexus doesn't make the same mistake. We'll find out soon enough.
There was a lot of IS-F guys that stepped up to the GTR as their next car.
What made you sell yours and get into the Rcf. Is it the fact that the car does everything so well it's almost like driving a autonomous car and there is lack of that driving emotion? Something I read in a review so Im interested in your feedback.
Old 11-11-15, 05:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
yup, i think nissan was drunk and too into their early success with the gtr i the first 2 years, where the car kept value pretty well. now they are flooded and prices fall so badly.

lexus did learn during the isf era, they toned down on production for isf quite a bit to control the value.

and that's also why i think for the gsf things can be quite different considering how limited the car is
Old 11-11-15, 05:22 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF2NV
Is it the fact that the car does everything so well it's almost like driving a autonomous car and there is lack of that driving emotion?
That was a factor too, due to 2 reasons: One, not being able to turn traction control off without voiding the warranty. And it's pretty intrusive even in the 'R' mode, so no fun at all. The other is AWD; it's not conducive to fun at all, so maybe disabling T/C wouldn't make that much of a difference anyway. Very different handling characteristics: basically boring, as you mentioned. But it's one of the cars you can drive the fastest with less skills. So that adds to the boring part when you know what you're doing.
But the main reason to sell it was the discomfort for touring. Even though I'm quite thin at just 155 and 5'10", the seats were super uncomfortable. The cushion actually caused me cramps on the only trip I took it. Had to stop a few times with major pain. And it was on the right leg. Plus it's extremely noisy for traveling, even after 'dynamatting' the entire rear of the car and the trunk. Plus a super heavy special noise-absorbing liner in the trunk. My wife didn't want to go on another trip again... and neither did I. Another factor was the cheapness of many of its materials (the rear seats were the worst I've ever seen) left me cold. Thought I'd get over that, but didn't, especially after many rattles started developing. And finally, the driving position was just awful. I felt like driving a VW bus. All the car had going was it was fast as hell... but only after pouring an expensive Boostane bottle on every tank. The car only makes the advertised power on 93 octane, which is NOT available anywhere close in the southwest (just 91). Plus the car went into 'low boost' mode above 95º in summer, even with Boostane. So for practical purposes, I had Corvette power on the $100K+ car most of the time, unless it was below 95 (it's above 100 for months here in hot TX) and I had boostane in the tank. So there you have it. The only way to fix most of that crap is to void the warranty and tune the ECU... which is what most people do, even on new cars. So there you have it. I'm not about just speed, but a balance of everything. I'm much happier with the RC-F, even when it's a tad slower than I anticipated (4K' of altitude here). But handles equally well, and it's actually much more fun near the limits due to being RWD, and being able to change T/C intervention up to no nannies at all. I'm 53 by the way. Maybe the GTR is more desirable for younger folks. Not for me. Hope this helps. And sorry for the hijack. Back to the regular discussion.
Old 11-11-15, 07:20 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Guys, you All have some Great Points i just Hope Lexus is Listening to me the RCF is a Really Nice Car that has Sneaky Speed & of Course it has the Lexus Luxury/Elegance that you would Expect from Lexus & there's Always some Minor Tweaks we would All like, like Less Weight & a lil' more Power (i just want a TUNE, Lol). & i'm sure some of you Tech Geeks would like some things Better other than Speed, Weight or Power but i just Hope she's still around in 2018.
Old 11-23-15, 09:25 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Some 2016's already landing on the East Coast market..!!

First look at the Orange Brembo Calipers & updated GS F exhaust tips..

More pics to come soon.!!

^^^ Still my favorite wheels..!!

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 11-23-15 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-23-15, 10:35 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

White + Gunmetal + Orange Calipers doesn't look good... Or maybe the pics just looks bad...
Old 11-23-15, 10:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i hope it's the pics
Old 11-24-15, 12:16 AM
equalme
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the orange on white...but it'll look funky with the windows down showing the red seats.
Old 11-24-15, 08:27 AM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Joe Z;9264113]Some 2016's already landing on the East Coast market..!!

First look at the Orange Brembo Calipers & updated GS F exhaust tips..

More pics to come soon.!!

Why no Triple Beam Headlights on this model looks like premium package????!!!! Are they coming with the rc 350 headlights?
Old 11-24-15, 09:04 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by MGB1120

Why no Triple Beam Headlights on this model looks like premium package????!!!!

Are they coming with the rc 350 headlights?
These single projector design was always the standard LED headlights on the RC 350 / RC F.

Maybe they realized for 2016 that Premium Package could use a an adjustment on the light offering..!!?? No clue just yet until we see how they did the Monroney sticker / window sticker..

Someone with access to a 2016 sticker showing premimum package with no triple beam housings on the car, should post it here..

Also, noticed the basic pedal offerings (no round grips) are in these RC F's as well..

Joe Z

Quick Reply: 2016 Lexus RC F Product Information and $63,745 Pricing announced..!!