RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

2016 Lexus RC F Product Information and $63,745 Pricing announced..!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-15, 12:11 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is sweetand those rims are amazing.
Old 10-06-15, 02:14 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I guess i'm the Only one that still doesn't get the Orange Calipers, it's not like that's a New Color all of a Sudden. If they looked that Great, Why Don't you see Anybody Sporting them on their RCF's Now? But, i guess it's like Anything else on ANY car it's what YOU like that Matters. & i do like those wheels, but they would be a PIA to wipe down Especially if you don't change those brake pads
Old 10-06-15, 05:14 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I guess i'm the Only one that still doesn't get the Orange Calipers, it's not like that's a New Color all of a Sudden. If they looked that Great, Why Don't you see Anybody Sporting them on their RCF's Now? But, i guess it's like Anything else on ANY car it's what YOU like that Matters. & i do like those wheels, but they would be a PIA to wipe down Especially if you don't change those brake pads
Black Caliper never really popped... Even on the IS F

I think Lexus is finding ways to make sure their "F" marques stand out more than they do currently...

For example even offering the 2016 GS F in Orange & Bright Red

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 10-06-15 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-06-15, 10:30 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Black Caliper never really popped... Even on the IS F

I think Lexus is finding ways to make sure their "F" marques stand out more than they do currently...

For example even offering the 2016 GS F in Orange & Bright Red

~ Joe Z

Sure beats having to do them yourself. However if it was me doing it I'd have them painted in my favorite color of team or country. For the ladies a few diamonds.
Old 10-07-15, 12:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
Sure beats having to do them yourself. However if it was me doing it I'd have them painted in my favorite color of team or country. For the ladies a few diamonds.
that's why they got the lfa where you pic your colors on anything

i have no problem with the orange i think it looks good. i think black was not the best choice by lexus on the isf anyway, could have at least done silver. now bbk is more and more a representation of high performance cars, having calipers that pop out makes sense.

for sure i think the orange goes better with all colors than blue (fsport)
Old 10-07-15, 01:46 PM
Zydan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already re-painted my calipers red, I just want the F logo to put on them now.
Old 10-07-15, 02:37 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Zydan
I already re-painted my calipers red, I just want the F logo to put on them now.
I think words look better than the Logo, in this scenario... Especailyl since the same F badge is a few feet away on the Fender

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 10-07-15 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-07-15, 02:58 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I like them, but I like Orange. I'm still debating on what color to paint mine (I've got the same color as you, USB 2.0). I've been contemplating a candy apple red, but still unsure.

BREAK

For those who have painted their calipers, did you remove them or paint them still installed on the rotors?
Old 10-07-15, 08:06 PM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

The Orange calipers look great.
Old 10-08-15, 09:27 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

They didn't say anything about the engine yet, only time will tell.
Old 10-08-15, 09:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
what about the engine, you expect the engine to have any updates?
Old 10-09-15, 04:59 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
what about the engine, you expect the engine to have any updates?
I would not expect any engine mods of significance.

However, there still is substantial chatter within Lexus about an RC FS...a 600-HP bi-turbo version engineered for ultra-performance at a buck twenty. We'll see if it materializes. It's a C63 AMG black fighter jet.

Count me in!

More rumors from Motor Trend, this time regarding a special edition ultra-performance Lexus RC F:

In 2017 you can expect to see a super version of the RC F packing the 600-hp twin-turbo V-8. Think of it as an Infiniti Eau Rogue-fighter with a price tag to match — about $120,000. However, since Johan de Nysschen has left Infiniti, it’s doubtful the Eau Rogue will see the light of day. So think of the Super RC F as a C63 AMG Black Series-fighter. Seeing as how the Benz cost about $110,000 and “only” made 510 hp, $10K more for 600 hp (or more) makes sense.

We’re hearing RC FS as the name, with “FS” becoming Lexus’s answer to AMG’s Black Series and (Audi) Quattro GmbH’s RS.

The LFA V10 engine was a blessing and a curse — it made a statement that Lexus was serious about performance, but cost so much money that there was no way to use it another car.

That’s why more than anything here, I hope this 600 horsepower engine rumor is true, and that it’s used in every model where it makes sense (RC, SC, LS, GS).
Old 10-09-15, 06:37 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
The 2015 RC F engine will carry over into the 2016 RC F & GS F

Joe Z
Old 10-09-15, 10:36 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Nobody commented on the first item on the feature list: SMART STOP TECHNOLOGY. Is it the start/stop crap that turns off the engine at stoplights? If yes, glad mine doesn't have it. If that's the case, hopefully you can turn it off and it stays off, rather than automatically turning back on after every ignition cycle.

I'm another one who thinks orange calipers look like crap on this car. Why the hell manufacturers are putting awful colors on calipers, like blue, orange, etc? Much rather have black than crappy colors, even though they don't stand out. But red or silver would have been better indeed. No word on option packages, but hope nothing was added (like lane departure), or I'll be pissed. Not sure what the new exhaust outlets will look like, but hope worse than our cars. Ha ha. If the tips are betterk, hopefully they can be swapped. Noticed the tips are just pushed in, rather than held by a bolt, so might be a real PITA to remove. Have a good one.
Old 10-09-15, 12:13 PM
LO 21
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Nobody commented on the first item on the feature list: SMART STOP TECHNOLOGY. Is it the start/stop crap that turns off the engine at stoplights? If yes, glad mine doesn't have it. If that's the case, hopefully you can turn it off and it stays off, rather than automatically turning back on after every ignition cycle.
I think it means the technology that stops your car automatically if it detects you will collide with something in front of you. The RC F already has this. Maybe someone else can confirm though..

Quick Reply: 2016 Lexus RC F Product Information and $63,745 Pricing announced..!!