Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

Novel RCF Build thread - Molten Pearl w/ Perf. Pkg/TVD

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-15, 12:28 AM
boostedGS
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking Novel RCF Build thread - Molten Pearl w/ Perf. Pkg/TVD

Hey guys, I just wanted to share my Novel RCF build. I purchased my car back in late April of this year at Longo Lexus. It took them about 2 weeks to locate this color w/ the TVD + perf package and they shipped it up from Carlsbad Lexus. On June 6th, I ordered all my Novel parts from Bulletproof Automotive. I ordered the headers, exhaust and CF lip kit. Bo is the man at Bulletproof! I'll be updating this thread as I get my parts in. This is all for now....

Within 2 weeks, I lowered the car on RSR Springs and got some 20" Advan GT Premium and put in drop in filter by AFE.

Mid July, Tanabe was looking for a RCF to test fit their axle back exhaust (Tanabe Touring Medallion). Supposedly will be available to the public later this year. Personally, I like the oval tips better than the Tanabe round tips. I can't wait until the Novel exhaust comes in.

Fast forward to mid September, my headers finally arrived!! I'm still waiting for my lip kit and exhaust, it's should be here very soon. They missed the container, so Novel is air shipping the items so the car can make it to SEMA this year. From the vid clips, you can't tell too much, but when you're driving, you can definitely feel the top end is more responsive. Car sounds much better/beefier than just with the axle back. Can't wait to put on the Novel full catback!

Last edited by boostedGS; 10-01-15 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-01-15, 04:22 AM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

You have my full attention sir

Awesome that someone finally took the dive into Novel!
Old 10-01-15, 09:17 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

wow, i thought other exhaust sytems were expensive, but $13000 for headers and exhaust, you must be crazy! (FYI the titanium exhaust on nismo gtr is just about the same price)

kudos to you for doing that! will be following.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...exhaust-system

Last edited by T4Fun; 10-01-15 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-01-15, 09:47 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Doesn't sound obnoxiously loud at all. How is the noise inside? Louder than stock when cruising, I assume? What were your power gains? Good job.
Old 10-01-15, 01:39 PM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Car looks amazing but too quiet for my taste.

Old 10-01-15, 01:43 PM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

I wish I could have gone this route. Novel's stuff looks so good. Can't wait to see how the whole thing comes together.
Old 10-01-15, 03:17 PM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-15, 03:36 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Badass! My headers won't be here for another two seeks. I'm surprised it's not any louder. Love the wheels too!
Old 10-01-15, 04:02 PM
FCReulB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice!!!
Old 10-01-15, 04:10 PM
moto12345
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, promax! I did my bodyshop there too
Old 10-01-15, 07:16 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait what? $13,000 for headers and an exhaust? Seriously? How in the hell is that even possible? I'm not cheap when it comes to aftermarket parts but you can buy a car for $13,000. Headers and exhaust will net what, 60hp max? Lets say you get 60hp from the combo, that's $217 per hp.

On a separate note, that ORANGE is beautiful.....I'd love to see one in person.
Old 10-01-15, 10:50 PM
boostedGS
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Z3NK1
You have my full attention sir

Awesome that someone finally took the dive into Novel!
Originally Posted by T4Fun
wow, i thought other exhaust sytems were expensive, but $13000 for headers and exhaust, you must be crazy! (FYI the titanium exhaust on nismo gtr is just about the same price)

kudos to you for doing that! will be following.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...exhaust-system
Thanks!

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Doesn't sound obnoxiously loud at all. How is the noise inside? Louder than stock when cruising, I assume? What were your power gains? Good job.
The noise inside is nice, imo, not too loud or too quiet. Definitely louder than stock. I didnt dyno, but I will definitely do so when the Tanabe mufflers come off, and the Novel catback goes on. When I get a chance, I'll get some vids from the inside.

I'm not sure about the Novel headers, but I know Tanabe mentioned that their axle back did 5rwhp and 11lbs of tq when they dynoed it. I'm not sure if they were using a dyno dynamic, dynojet, mustang dyno, etc.

I'll definitely get the car dynoed when it has both Novel headers and the catback.

Originally Posted by Gearbangin
Car looks amazing but too quiet for my taste.
I agree with you on this! But, definitely more meaner than stock. Just a few more days my catback and lip kit should be arriving from the motherland. Once the catback is on, then the sound will be on point to where I want it. I'll have to get some in-car videos of the sound currently.

Here is a link to Novels RCF with the full exhaust system if you haven't seen it yet, I can't wait until mine sounds like it.

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
I wish I could have gone this route. Novel's stuff looks so good. Can't wait to see how the whole thing comes together.
Originally Posted by demik
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Carnevino
Badass! My headers won't be here for another two seeks. I'm surprised it's not any louder. Love the wheels too!
Originally Posted by FCReulB
very nice!!!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by moto12345
damn, promax! I did my bodyshop there too
It was my first and it will be my last time there.

Originally Posted by toystry
Wait what? $13,000 for headers and an exhaust? Seriously? How in the hell is that even possible? I'm not cheap when it comes to aftermarket parts but you can buy a car for $13,000. Headers and exhaust will net what, 60hp max? Lets say you get 60hp from the combo, that's $217 per hp.

On a separate note, that ORANGE is beautiful.....I'd love to see one in person.
Thanks!

Minus the fact that not a lot of people will have this system, to me, the Novel exhaust sounds a little bit more higher pitch than the rest of the exhaust manufacturers. The rest sound more of a "standard" V8 sounding exhaust, just that low growl. I like how the Novel sounds a bit more higher pitch and sounds a bit more like F1, especially with the headers.
Old 10-02-15, 07:00 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you going to do any dyno runs?
Old 10-02-15, 03:22 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome thread! I can't wait to see more updates!!

The OP is one of the nicest most genuine guys you'll meet. If you ever have a chance to meet him and talk to him in person, you can get a sense very quickly of what kind of person he is.

On top of that, his NOVEL RCF build is going to be epic!! Thank you for your support! We cannot wait to see the build put together soon.
Old 10-02-15, 03:59 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Your car is coming together nicely!

Quick Reply: Novel RCF Build thread - Molten Pearl w/ Perf. Pkg/TVD