RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Help Deciding.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-15, 09:58 PM
PoorMan87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Deciding.

I honestly never been so confused in my decision making. I am having a hard time diciding between the ATS-V, M3/M4, and RC-F.

I like the RC-F purely for the V8, I am a V8 guy. I am just afraid getting the car to do 11's at the track is impossible without NOS. I remember the old days when IS-F literally have no aftermarket power adder. The looks is meh to me, I dont like the frontal grill at all and the Nike headlight are just stupid. The interior space are cramped, too much going on in the center stack. This is the car I would like to own after warranty run out.

I like the BMW M3/M4 because of the legendary handling, the after market world are more than the RC-F however much more expensive. The M4 front are really nice and aggressive. The V6 and the fake noise system is just "WTF BMW?" reliability is still a factor in getting one of these, If I am to get a BMW M3/M4 then I will lease it then when the warranty run out, I'll just walk away.

I like ATS-V because I always love the CTS-V, I think it such a bauss of a car, power are easy to find (and reliable) the LS engine are legendary, it just out of my price range starting at 85k. However Cadillac decided to put a TT V6 in the ATS-V, following BMW foot step. I honestly hate the sound of V6 but this car is full of potential, and I know down the line it will be cheap to maintain (If I do decide to keep it). The Cadillac User Experience, is just garbage. CUE and TTV6 are the only reason I dont want the caddy.

decision decision, if you are running into these options please do tell why you picked the RC-F. If you can enlighten me some way to why you picked the RC-F I would be grateful. I rarely track my cars, but I do like spirited driving and carving the mountain canyon.
Old 09-28-15, 07:42 AM
buch
Driver School Candidate

If your handle (PoorMan) is accurate, you'd better go with the Lexus - that way you only have to pay once :-) Personally I'm nervous about buying North American but I'm probably out-of-date. And, I'm anti-BMW having had a bad experience with them not backing an engine failure just out of warranty. Keep in mind you're asking this on a Lexus forum :-) so don't listen to any of us - it's your call. Good luck,
Old 09-28-15, 08:01 AM
Adubs007
Driver School Candidate

I picked the RCF over an M4. Personally for me the M4 with the high torque was just a bit much for me coming form a benz e class ride before. Both are fantastic vehicles but I decided if I was going to pay as much as these cost why not stand out a bit more and get something I don't see everyday? To non car enthusiasts and M4 is no different than a 428 and they all look the same unless you get the dog vomit color (that is what the Austin yellow looked like to me in person) . I will state that the performance was unbelievable and felt much quicker than the RCF but in the end I wanted more of a daily ride since you will never open it up around town. The back end kicked out too many times for me even on dry pavement and since I will daily drive this , no thank you. The inside comfort was comparable but the Lexus felt so much more luxurious. Insurance hit on either is negligible. None of us need this power but it is nice to say you have it. After all that is what it is all about.

I was able to drive both at 130+ mph on my test drive and must say I felt so much more in control with the RCF personally. Most of us won't track these vehicles but if you want to , you can. I prefer to play the "how fast can I get on the expressway" game which currently for an on-ramp have hit 145 as I brake back into the 80's to keep my license.

In then end do what you want to do and don't look back. I drove many different types of vehicles with similar power (Audi s6, Maserati Gran Turismo, Jaguar f-type s , porsche 911 cararra, BMW m4, Mercedes c63 and e63 amg) and in the end just went with what made me feel the most at ease. Research paralyses decisions at times.
Old 09-28-15, 08:33 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

My buddy has the M4 and it's been in the shop twice for transmission issues and once for a window getting off it's track. He leased it like most friends of ours do with any BMW. For myself it was between the RCF and the new C63AMG. The red carbon fiber on the interior is awesome in the Benz and then there's the engine. You can mod the Benz and with the RCF you really can't other then headers and an exhaust (both which are showing high gains in added power), so if you like to do engine mods then I'd say go take a looky loo at the Benz as well.
Old 09-28-15, 02:31 PM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
For myself it was between the RCF and the new C63AMG. The red carbon fiber on the interior is awesome in the Benz and then there's the engine. You can mod the Benz and with the RCF you really can't other then headers and an exhaust (both which are showing high gains in added power), so if you like to do engine mods then I'd say go take a looky loo at the Benz as well.
I have to say I may be leaving the RCF family in about 6 months when the C63S Coupe arrives.

Old 09-30-15, 04:12 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

That coupe is badass!!! Tempted...
Old 09-30-15, 04:48 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If getting into the 11's is your overriding concern, don't buy any of the cars you mention, certainly not the Lexus.
Old 09-30-15, 08:38 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
If getting into the 11's is your overriding concern, don't buy any of the cars you mention, certainly not the Lexus.
he can get into the 11's with an M4 and, most certainly, with an ATS-V. a JB4 piggyback tune, downpipes and exhaust should have him in the 11's with an M4 and, even though customers just started getting their cars a month ago, tuners already have the ATS-V putting down 520 hp at the wheels. just by raising the boost...

Facebook Post

each car will be a compromise. and those compromises will be subjective, mostly. in my opinion...were it blessed with a better interior....the ATS-V would be a no-brainer. but thats because i like the looks of the car while others dont.

you really cant go wrong with any of your choices. all should be able to provide you with an engaging experience on backroads at a brisk pace. i suggest going out and driving them. one will probably separate itself from the others...

good luck...
Old 09-30-15, 02:01 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
he can get into the 11's with an M4 and, most certainly, with an ATS-V. a JB4 piggyback tune, downpipes and exhaust should have him in the 11's with an M4 and, even though customers just started getting their cars a month ago, tuners already have the ATS-V putting down 520 hp at the wheels. just by raising the boost...

https://www.facebook.com/fasterproms...1521694867462/

each car will be a compromise. and those compromises will be subjective, mostly. in my opinion...were it blessed with a better interior....the ATS-V would be a no-brainer. but thats because i like the looks of the car while others dont.

you really cant go wrong with any of your choices. all should be able to provide you with an engaging experience on backroads at a brisk pace. i suggest going out and driving them. one will probably separate itself from the others...

good luck...
DAMN! If Only i could get that Long Lost TUNE with the RCF i would be Completely Satisfied I've just Never been a Caddy Guy, but those numbers are indeed Awesome
Old 09-30-15, 07:15 PM
PoorMan87
Driver School Candidate

damn, Cadillac just wont let that CUE crap die!
Old 09-30-15, 07:17 PM
PoorMan87
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
I seen a nitrous RC-F run down some beastly mustang on youtube. I was just wondering how reliable are these cars force Nitrous? are the compression ratio made for power adder?
Old 09-30-15, 07:22 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PoorMan87
I seen a nitrous RC-F run down some beastly mustang on youtube. I was just wondering how reliable are these cars force Nitrous? are the compression ratio made for power adder?
The ISF guys have been using nitrous for years. Don't think I've seen anyone pop and engine. I'd assume the CR's are similar...