RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model
View Poll Results: MKIV Supra or RCF?
MKIV 1993-1998 Toyota Supra
36.36%
2015+ Lexus RCF
63.64%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Would you get 1993-1998 supra TT or RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-15, 10:53 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Would you get 1993-1998 supra TT or RCF?

looking at all options, just curious what people here think.
love the supra, and feel the RCF doesnt come close in terms of power and capability.
Old 09-24-15, 12:26 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RCF. No question...
Old 09-24-15, 12:31 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It all depends. Id buy a Soup and build it to put down 800whp. But if I had to keep it stock Id go with the RC.
Old 09-24-15, 12:42 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

I'm voting supra because of the power potential and the legacy, and maybe because I used to own one. The only reason I wanted to go with an is-f over the supra was because it has 4 doors which is more child friendly. Don't get me wrong though it's still almost a flip of the coin with the RCF
Old 09-24-15, 02:09 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

While the Supra aftermarket support is impeccable for the 2JZ, it also costs a lot to mod and maintain.

Having said, being almost a 26 years newer car, RCF is light years ahead in terms of chassis engineering, suspension tuning and overall balance of the car. Put the soundtrack of the V8 and luxury into the mix, RCF takes the cake for me.
Old 09-25-15, 12:33 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
While the Supra aftermarket support is impeccable for the 2JZ, it also costs a lot to mod and maintain.

Having said, being almost a 26 years newer car, RCF is light years ahead in terms of chassis engineering, suspension tuning and overall balance of the car. Put the soundtrack of the V8 and luxury into the mix, RCF takes the cake for me.
^^^This, plus the Supra hasn't ever done Anything for ME. I've Never gave one of them a 2nd look as far as falling head over heels for one. You know how when a Beautiful Girl walks by & you turn around & give her a 2nd look, that's what an RCF does when you see one (at least that's what i did when i saw mine on the showroom floor). Supra doesn't have THAT kind of looks, it's just a FAST Car & you can buy Fast Cars a Dime a Dozen. jmo!

Last edited by johnnyreb; 09-25-15 at 12:36 AM.
Old 09-25-15, 06:34 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
^^^This, plus the Supra hasn't ever done Anything for ME. I've Never gave one of them a 2nd look as far as falling head over heels for one. You know how when a Beautiful Girl walks by & you turn around & give her a 2nd look, that's what an RCF does when you see one (at least that's what i did when i saw mine on the showroom floor). Supra doesn't have THAT kind of looks, it's just a FAST Car & you can buy Fast Cars a Dime a Dozen. jmo!
^^^ and this... to me they are two different cars... modified, the MKiv Supra is just a badass fast car... RCF is a bit more elegant where it does have power but you can't beat 26 yrs worth of technological advances... give it some time and people will be doing some sick things with the RCF v8...
Old 09-25-15, 01:18 PM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

right now i would probably go with the RCF over the supra,and i'm saying this because building my aristo now and how much modification i have to go thru and its still not done....
Old 09-25-15, 01:44 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

It's very difficult to pass up the NA 5.0L V8 and the luxury and refinement of a Lexus. I'm torn because I'd love a 6 speed manual gearbox. However, the Supras are getting older; the gaskets, ECU's, bushings are at their limit if they haven't already been replaced. For something that I could easily have and enjoy every single day and many many years to come, I'd get an RCF. I would consider a Supra if it were a mint fully restored/rebuilt OEM genuine Toyota stock everything Supra Turbo 6 speed
Old 09-25-15, 03:06 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I need an RC with a 2JZ Supra engine. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!?!
Old 09-25-15, 04:52 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Along with what many people on here said, they are totally different cars.

The Supra is definitely more geared towards power and performance.

The RCF is geared more towards comfort and style.

The Supra has larger potential for more power. The 2JZ inline 6 is capable of producing 1000+ hp. The RCF is currently limited in being able to produce more power.

Personally I love the creature comforts and options that come with the RCF; however, the Supra is one of my all time favorite cars in the world.

You should choose the car based on what your overall goals are. What will you be using the car for? Do you want a comfortable, great looking daily driver or do you want an iconic project car that is capable of producing a ton of power?

It's really up to you... either way you go you'll be very happy. Good luck!!
Old 09-25-15, 06:20 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FR500GT
I need an RC with a 2JZ Supra engine. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!?!
Anything can be done. There was a 2JZ swapped into the tiny GT-86. However, the horsepower comes at a big cost. It is not cheap to maintain.

Besides, while the RCF V8 has instantaneous throttle response (and most likely lighter than the iron-cast 2JZ), all big horsepower Supra suffer from the same issue of virtually no torque below 4500 - 5000 rpm. It takes an eternity for that big single turbo to spool up.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 09-25-15 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-26-15, 09:52 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

thanks for responses. I see the point of supra being old, outta date, and lots to maintain. I am leaning more towards RCF now. I was looking at GSF too, but think RCF looks much better.
Old 09-26-15, 10:07 AM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If the GSF is on your shopping list, I would wait until you see one in person before making any decisions! It all depends on what you want to do with your car. I'm sure having an additional 2 doors is great if you have kids and/or go out with family/friends and want to take them ... or the RC-F is good if you want to limit the amount of people in your car , but I see that you already have a SUV for that so ... a coupe seems like a no brainer.
Old 09-26-15, 10:51 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by djyoshi626
If the GSF is on your shopping list, I would wait until you see one in person before making any decisions! It all depends on what you want to do with your car. I'm sure having an additional 2 doors is great if you have kids and/or go out with family/friends and want to take them ... or the RC-F is good if you want to limit the amount of people in your car , but I see that you already have a SUV for that so ... a coupe seems like a no brainer.
What I personally really want, is a 4 door ISF. However, Lexus chose the GSF. While I have no doubt the GSF will handle very well, possibly even better than the RCF. However, the long wheelbase will make the car less responsive in tight turning conditions, I believe. It is about 5 inches longer than the RCF (190 inches vs 185 inches). That is why, to me a 4 door with the wheelbase similar to the RCF would have been ideal for me.

Quick Reply: Would you get 1993-1998 supra TT or RCF?