RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Missing features on owner's manual. WTF happened? :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-15, 12:12 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Missing features on owner's manual. WTF happened? :)

Hey gang, just curious if this is a regional thing, or what the heck. Below is a list of features that should be present on a fully-optioned RC-F like mine, according to the owner's manual. I'm not talking about RC350 features like adaptive suspension, variable steering ratio, RW steering, lane departure, emergency steering assist, front center parking sensors, dash needle colors, etc. I'm talking about features listed for the RC-F that my car doesn't have. Let's see if all RC-Fs are the same, or maybe a regional thing (feel free to add if I missed any):

1. No lane departure warning
2. No compass on rearview mirror
3. No ambient lighting on doors
4. No spare tire
5. No creditcard-size electronic key
6. No winter package (heated steering wheel, headlight washers, etc)

I'm only aware of the last one being a regional option, but not the others. Did Lexus screw us? Just curious about other owners. Not a big deal at all, but 1,3 and 4 would have been nice to have for me. By the way, I'm attaching the sales brochure, which lists all options correctly.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RC-F Brochure.pdf (4.26 MB, 495 views)
Old 09-20-15, 12:30 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Here is the PDF owners manual for the RC 350 / RC F

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...f/OM24636U.pdf

ONE MANUAL is being used in the two models and many regions..

For Example the spare tire or lack their of in the USA, is covered on page 574.

But if your RC F is from Guam, the laws require one.. As seen on page 566.

Joe Z
Old 09-20-15, 12:41 PM
JCtx
Racer

Okay, so 2 regional options, like I was suspecting, due to both being mentioned. Another possible one (or just RC-350) is the credit-card electronic key, which I don't particularly care about.

But 1, 2 and 3 are mentioned as de-facto options. Does anybody own a car with one of those??? Thx.

I think we were screwed out of #1 for sure. Number 2 could be vendor change. And #3 could be present on cars without the C/F interior option. We'll find out soon enough .

Last edited by JCtx; 09-20-15 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-20-15, 01:10 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Okay, so 2 regional options, like I was suspecting, due to both being mentioned. Another possible one (or just RC-350) is the credit-card electronic key, which I don't particularly care about.

But 1, 2 and 3 are mentioned as de-facto options. Does anybody own a car with one of those??? Thx.

I think we were screwed out of #1 for sure. Number 2 could be vendor change. And #3 could be present on cars without the C/F interior option. We'll find out soon enough .
The key here is: * If Equipped....

The RC F just doesn't get some of these..

Old 09-20-15, 01:46 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

That's What i think Sucks is they have the Manual for BOTH the RCF & the 350! I guess it was too Costly just to have one for EACH Vehicle.
Old 09-20-15, 08:55 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by Joe Z
The key here is: * If Equipped....
Indeed. Now show me one that is equipped with lane departure or ambient lighting . THAT was my point. My car has EVERY option except the regional winter package, and the spare, since Lexus only includes it where it's forced to do so, apparently. What disappointed me on the spare alternative is the stupid compressor cannot be used alone. Even my daughter's Hyundai has a compressor that can be used alone or with the 'goop'. Oh well. I bought another, by the way, since the 'goop' ruins the sensor, plus it's not very effective. Anyway, looks like we were definitely screwed out of lane departure and ambient lighting, but let's find out if either one was included somewhere in north America. The mirror compass is probably standard on non-Nav equipped cars, now that I think about it.

And yes, I fully agree each car should have its own freaking owner's manual. But that's cost cutting at its finest.

Last edited by JCtx; 09-20-15 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-21-15, 12:47 AM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My doors have ambient lighting. It's a long strip on the upper part of the door. It sort of glows out from behind the trim running almost the length of the door. See here:

I wish I had the key card. I asked about getting one and my dealer wanted to rip me off at the tune of $600 (including programming, cutting of key). They go for around $200 (not including programming, cutting of key).

Last edited by ThaDRD; 09-21-15 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Added picture
Old 09-21-15, 04:14 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ambient lighting can be switched off in the settings for the car.
Old 09-21-15, 05:35 AM
kareemRCF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Middle east/GCC specs here and we have:

-ambient lighting on doors
-spare tire
-creditcard-size electronic key
-cooling seats only no heated options

-no TVDs on any RCFs sold in bahrain, and no carbon package.
Old 09-21-15, 08:14 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Weird, I have all of the options you mentioned, I even think the heated steering wheel but I have to check on that, and heated/cooled seats for sure. My only gripe is I still didn't get a dang "F"gift and I should of waited for the CF version to come out. I would prefer to not have a full size spare since my car has TVD and its just added weight. Maybe if I decide to sell my car, the additional options offered in our region (Guam) would make the sale more enticing.
Old 09-21-15, 09:19 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
The ambient lighting can be switched off in the settings for the car.
You cannot do that from the car FYI. Only a Lexus dealer can do that (and it's both ambient lighting AND touchpad on or off). The weird thing is the touchpad illuminates, but not the door ambient lighting. When I eventually take the car to change some of those settings, will ask them to check on that. Another thing that doesn't work on my car is the message/email reading, but that is listed (and turned on) under phone, so probably my phone (LG G4). Couldn't find any settings for 'message transfer' on the phone, so guess it's not capable. Oh well. I hardly text, so not a big deal. But thought it was cool to get your texts and emails read to you in a sexy female voice (yeah, right!) if needed .

Glad to see another car has the door ambient lighting, meaning it's not missing. Maybe just my car. And as a matter of fact, my car has a rattle on the doors, so could it be those connectors disconnected? That'd be epic. He he. And since both touchpad and ambient lighting are bundled together on a 'illumination' setting, that means only cars equipped with Nav (touchpad) get it. Finally, will tackle the door rattles myself (never trust dealers with that) if they become more annoying, so would appreciate if anybody has removed the door panels to give me some pointers how many screws and where, and how many clips and what kind (please PM me). Need to look for a service manual for this car; hope it's offered in DVD form.

Okay folks. Seems like we only got screwed with the lane departure feature. Nobody has posted having it anywhere in the world. Oh well. Thank you to all for contributing.

Last edited by JCtx; 09-21-15 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-22-15, 02:28 AM
kareemRCF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
You cannot do that from the car FYI. Only a Lexus dealer can do that (and it's both ambient lighting AND touchpad on or off). The weird thing is the touchpad illuminates, but not the door ambient lighting. When I eventually take the car to change some of those settings, will ask them to check on that. Another thing that doesn't work on my car is the message/email reading, but that is listed (and turned on) under phone, so probably my phone (LG G4). Couldn't find any settings for 'message transfer' on the phone, so guess it's not capable. Oh well. I hardly text, so not a big deal. But thought it was cool to get your texts and emails read to you in a sexy female voice (yeah, right!) if needed .

Glad to see another car has the door ambient lighting, meaning it's not missing. Maybe just my car. And as a matter of fact, my car has a rattle on the doors, so could it be those connectors disconnected? That'd be epic. He he. And since both touchpad and ambient lighting are bundled together on a 'illumination' setting, that means only cars equipped with Nav (touchpad) get it. Finally, will tackle the door rattles myself (never trust dealers with that) if they become more annoying, so would appreciate if anybody has removed the door panels to give me some pointers how many screws and where, and how many clips and what kind (please PM me). Need to look for a service manual for this car; hope it's offered in DVD form.

Okay folks. Seems like we only got screwed with the lane departure feature. Nobody has posted having it anywhere in the world. Oh well. Thank you to all for contributing.
Not correct, I can turn on/off the ambient light in my car under settings.
Old 09-22-15, 04:24 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

I have the ambient lighting on my doors. The credit card key can be bought from EBay or your local Lexus dealer and it WILL work on our RCF, I wanna say it's around 175$ ish but I could be off. Spare tire, yeah Id rather have one than the compressor kit we get....
Old 09-22-15, 09:21 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
Not correct, I can turn on/off the ambient light in my car under settings.
It is correct for US cars. And it clearly says so in the owner's manual on page 644 (5th item down the list). And it's nowhere to be found under vehicle lighting settings, in case you're wondering.

Now that many mentioned it, the credit card fob would have been nice instead of the spare fob (one and one). With today's tighter pants, the regular fob is rather bulky indeed.