Search this Thread

Old 10-22-15, 09:07 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Yellow to cruise
Purple to have fun - on the highway
Red to rip it off the line.

I put 2 cars on a 911 in my Is in red mode. Awd launch was fast.
Haven't taken traction control off the rcf yet

Btw any launch control?
Old 10-22-15, 11:46 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Agreed with rmsimmonsj.

The throttle controller will definitely help with the lag but ultimately driving the car in manual mode is going to be the best option to keep full control.
Old 10-23-15, 12:20 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
but ultimately driving the car in manual mode is going to be the best option to keep full control.
That's exactly what I do; too boring just in D. And the mapping on sport+ is plenty aggressive for me. Any more wouldn't be easy to modulate, making the throttle an on/off switch. I don't personally like that on bikes or cars. But nice to see more and more aftermarket options for the RC-F.
Old 10-23-15, 02:18 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I have the same problem in normal mode, doesn't appear to be as bad in Sport or Sport + mode.
Old 10-23-15, 04:49 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rmsimmonsj
Does it require professional installation? No. Its plug and play right above the pedal.

Does it also enhance normal mode? Yes it enhances any mode. And it has an eco mode as well. So if you are in eco mode on the car and eco mode on the controller you can get better mpg. But i didnt buy it to save gas. I primarily drive the car in sport + and in the most aggressive setting on the controller. It snaps necks how responsive it makes the car now. Its addicting. You wont want to drive it in any other mode but the most responsive mode. I dont work or benefit from selling this product, but I am telling you this is a must have for this car. Its incredible. I was skeptical till I went to Apexi and VIP Auto Salon and they took me for a ride in their White rcf with all the writing all over it and gave me a demonstration. I was sold!! The guys over there are top notch and can help you if you have any questions. Ask for Masaki or June.

Will it void any warranty? No. It doesnt alter or leave a footprint in the computer. Just simply speeds up the drive by wire from pedal to throttle.

Here are the "Modes"

Thanks!
[/QUOTE]

We also installed the A'PEXi Smart Accel Controller in one of our client's RCF's here and we could definitely feel a good difference in response. It doesn't affect transmission shift time but it does improve the pedal feel and acceleration once you step on the gas. It's a nice item.
Old 10-23-15, 06:06 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

So who has the Best Price & the Fastest Delivery? I WANT One

Last edited by johnnyreb; 10-25-15 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-25-15, 06:54 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
So who has the Best Price & the Fastest Delivery? I WANT One
^^^^Bump! Anybody have the Part #?
Old 10-30-15, 11:04 AM
aristott
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car does not learn fast enough over the months, I beat the living crap out of my US Spec RC-F in Germany and the Nurburgring. while cruising at 80mph on 8th gear on Sport plus and if an Audi diesel wagon is creeping on me at about 100mph I would punch the gas and the tranny would down shift to 6th then it would realize it's not good enough and downshift to 4th or so. This drives me crazy because the person behind me would already have almost ran into the back of my car or I would have to change lanes to let him pass. On a 5 hour road trip I would not always be on Manual mode if anyone would think I should be. My car got nearly 10k miles of heavy driving and trust me it saw over 160mph a ton of time, I rate this transmission as the worse ever for a modern day sports car.
It seems Lexus had 10 different people designing the car that one never spoke to the other and the test drivers never took this car out for rear world driving on the German Autobahn. Track driving is totally different from driving high speeds on the highways of Germany. We would never notice this problem in the USA because we cannot legally cruise at high speeds.

Originally Posted by ISF001
If you are in 6th, 7th or 8th gear, I would expect a delay as it hunts down for the right gear. The published downshift speed of .1-.2 tenths will not be achieved under this sort of driving condition.

You are obviously looking for a faster response. I suggest that you keep the car in 4th gear at such a low speed by locking the torque converter in sport or sport + mode.

If you want trigger-like quickness, you will not experience that unless you are cranking up the gears into the triple digits--track speeds. Remember: we do not have a double clutch.

Lastly, the ECU will train itself based on your driving habits. When I first purchased my previously owned 2012 IS F, it took quite some time before the car "learned" my driving habits. If you generally drive at leisurely speeds, the ECU will respond accordingly.

You can always have Lexus reset the ECU, should you believe something is not right.

My car has gotten faster over the past couple of months.

This video shows how the tranny responds at high track speeds on Nurburgring.

Testing the new Lexus RC F with RingTaxi.de - YouTube
Old 11-02-15, 07:38 AM
webra
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Drove RCF round the track several times. Agree it looks much faster than it actually responds.
Old 11-02-15, 02:46 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

We also installed the A'PEXi Smart Accel Controller in one of our client's RCF's here and we could definitely feel a good difference in response. It doesn't affect transmission shift time but it does improve the pedal feel and acceleration once you step on the gas. It's a nice item.[/QUOTE]

So if you want it Strictly for the Performance, which is the Best setting? Boost Mode 1 or 2 or Hi-Throttle Mode? And WHO Sells it?
Old 11-02-15, 04:05 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
So if you want it Strictly for the Performance, which is the Best setting? Boost Mode 1 or 2 or Hi-Throttle Mode? And WHO Sells it?
Hi throttle Mode would be best in this case. I would think just about any vendor on here could get you setup with one. I bought mine slightly used from another forum member.

Actually, I think JoshLee from ModinJapan said he can get them.

Last edited by FR500GT; 11-02-15 at 04:11 PM.