RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

First RC-F in the US under $60k?

Old 09-08-15, 11:15 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Default First RC-F in the US under $60k?

Looks like a good pick up for anyone looking for a used RC-F.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...7849/overview/
Old 09-08-15, 03:59 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

13k miles in 7 months :|

Thats not that great of a deal either. Base + Premium Pack + Navi is $68k MSRP
Old 09-08-15, 04:20 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
13k miles in 7 months :|

Thats not that great of a deal either. Base + Premium Pack + Navi is $68k MSRP
WOW, 13k in 7 months I probably won't put much more than that on my First year (if that much)!
Old 09-08-15, 10:42 PM
GSGUAM
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How about a Guam model Performance package(carbonhood) white, with 3K miles....$ 66K
a friend is sell it...
Old 09-09-15, 08:33 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by GSGUAM
How about a Guam model Performance package(carbonhood) white, with 3K miles....$ 66K
a friend is sell it...
Why is he selling soo soon..?

~ Joe Z
Old 09-09-15, 11:43 AM
Megaman
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Why is he selling soo soon..?

~ Joe Z
At my dealership, Ive already seen some customer's want to get out their cars after 5 or 6 months, only because theyre older and want to get in something easier to get in and out of.

You would be surprised as to what some of the reasoning people have for getting out of their cars before the 1st year of ownership.
Old 09-09-15, 12:01 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is only 1 of 2 reasons why I can see a decent mileage car selling so soon.

1. it was either a TEST MULE. You see so many videos on youtube of these cars getting beat on, its gotta eventually be someones car. Car and driver has a section on their website called Long Term road test and put about 20k mile test on a 2015 WRX (as well as an M3 and a few other cars) where they bought it brand new and see how well it held up after 20k. I think it was 20k in about 6 months. They have a 2014 Jaguar F-type with 40k already. Car and Driver aren't the only people who do this so expect a few more higher mileage cars out there.

2. A person who actually drives their car instead of it being driveway queen like most people. A nice car that ends up not being practical for their day to day life. I always say, if I ever have a Ferrari or Lambo, it would probably have like 100k on the odo because i would drive it everyday. Rain, sleet, snow... EVERYDAY!
Old 09-09-15, 06:24 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by Megaman
At my dealership, Ive already seen some customer's want to get out their cars after 5 or 6 months, only because theyre older and want to get in something easier to get in and out of.

You would be surprised as to what some of the reasoning people have for getting out of their cars before the 1st year of ownership.
I can see this, Lol. I Don't know what it is but this car is Definitely a lil' different getting in & out of it! My Viper & Porsche are so much lower than the RCF, but TO ME & i don't know if i need to adjust my seat or what but it's definitely not that easy to get in & out of & i could especially see that with an older person.
Old 09-09-15, 06:27 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
There is only 1 of 2 reasons why I can see a decent mileage car selling so soon.

1. it was either a TEST MULE. You see so many videos on youtube of these cars getting beat on, its gotta eventually be someones car. Car and driver has a section on their website called Long Term road test and put about 20k mile test on a 2015 WRX (as well as an M3 and a few other cars) where they bought it brand new and see how well it held up after 20k. I think it was 20k in about 6 months. They have a 2014 Jaguar F-type with 40k already. Car and Driver aren't the only people who do this so expect a few more higher mileage cars out there.

2. A person who actually drives their car instead of it being driveway queen like most people. A nice car that ends up not being practical for their day to day life. I always say, if I ever have a Ferrari or Lambo, it would probably have like 100k on the odo because i would drive it everyday. Rain, sleet, snow... EVERYDAY!
Good Write-up NYKnick. Mine's not necessarily a Garage Queen but i have several other Babies that need their Love & Attention too
Old 09-09-15, 07:47 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I Don't know what it is but this car is Definitely a lil' different getting in & out of it!
It's hard to get in and out of because of the HUGE seat bolsters... but I wouldn't change those seats for anytihng. They're the best I've owned. I always lever myself in and out of my cars (to avoid wearing the seats), and it's a bit more challenging on this car, but that pushes me to keep myself fit. Having said that, there's no way I'd be able to do that without the steering wheel auto tilt up/in function, which I had always deactivated before (not needed). In fact, I'd have also left the auto seat slide function on, but it's not available on the RC-F. I have to close by saying this car has the most incredible driving environment of any car I've owned: incredible seats, awesome thick and small steering wheel with the unique ability to tilt super low (and still being able to see the full instrumentation), killer dash, gauges and stereo, super wide dead pedal & floor-hinged gas pedal, an actual mechanical shift lever, and the best relationship among seat/pedals/steering-wheel. You feel like you're in a super exotic, and it's only an $80K car. To me, THAT is more important than all-out power, handling, etc. And we all know this car holds his own extremely well in that department too. Plus most of us bought this car for its touring, not track ability. And be able to go fast while feeling planted, corner at neck-snapping rates with little body roll... but without endangering ourselves and others, and do all of that in an inviting, comfortable, and relatively quiet cabin, enjoying either music on the very nice stereo, or some nice company. Critics of this car for its lack of performance, just don't get what this car is all about .
Old 09-09-15, 09:30 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
It's hard to get in and out of because of the HUGE seat bolsters... but I wouldn't change those seats for anytihng. They're the best I've owned. I always lever myself in and out of my cars (to avoid wearing the seats), and it's a bit more challenging on this car, but that pushes me to keep myself fit. Having said that, there's no way I'd be able to do that without the steering wheel auto tilt up/in function, which I had always deactivated before (not needed). In fact, I'd have also left the auto seat slide function on, but it's not available on the RC-F. I have to close by saying this car has the most incredible driving environment of any car I've owned: incredible seats, awesome thick and small steering wheel with the unique ability to tilt super low (and still being able to see the full instrumentation), killer dash, gauges and stereo, super wide dead pedal & floor-hinged gas pedal, an actual mechanical shift lever, and the best relationship among seat/pedals/steering-wheel. You feel like you're in a super exotic, and it's only an $80K car. To me, THAT is more important than all-out power, handling, etc. And we all know this car holds his own extremely well in that department too. Plus most of us bought this car for its touring, not track ability. And be able to go fast while feeling planted, corner at neck-snapping rates with little body roll... but without endangering ourselves and others, and do all of that in an inviting, comfortable, and relatively quiet cabin, enjoying either music on the very nice stereo, or some nice company. Critics of this car for its lack of performance, just don't get what this car is all about .
NICE Write-up JC, that's what it is the Seat Bolsters (you know i think you're Rite)