RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Did lexus make too many RC-F's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-15, 07:11 PM
rage2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
REALLY, Well as Long as You're Satisfied that's ALL that Matters! I can't Believe it made a HUGE Difference even on an OFF Ramp. That was an Extra $5500 WELL SPENT!
Oh I get it now. $5500 is a big deal to you in an $80k car. Makes perfect sense why you have a need to post all your cars in your sig, to get your money's worth!

Nice collection of cars!
Old 09-20-15, 07:50 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by rage2
Oh I get it now. $5500 is a big deal to you in an $80k car. Makes perfect sense why you have a need to post all your cars in your sig, to get your money's worth!

Nice collection of cars!
Lol, Thank You rage but i Didn't spend $80k on my RCF & as far as signatures i thought that's what they were for. Unless i need to Post the other cars i've Owned. But, yeah $5500 is A LOT no matter What you're talking about. (unless your Daddy's paying for it)
Old 09-21-15, 08:41 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I quoted that price because that what it costs to get the TVD, according to Lexus,com, the TVD is part of a $5500 package in the US anyway and not a stand alone option from what I can see, show me where am I am wrong. I think it was a stand alone option for awhile, but not now.

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
That's the price of the entire performance package, not just TVD. And that makes the car MUCH better looking, and unique as well. You can get the TVD as a stand-alone option, but don't know how much it costs. THAT is the price you should have quoted. And yes, most of us buy such cars to push them on safe places, where HOW THE CAR FEELS makes all the difference in owner satisfaction. You should try one first, then dismiss it if you want. But not blindly.
Old 09-21-15, 11:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

if tvd yields that tiny performance margin on a long track by a pro driver, it is very hard for me to believe that an average joe can see any difference with it on a street corner
Old 09-21-15, 03:43 PM
rage2
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
if tvd yields that tiny performance margin on a long track by a pro driver, it is very hard for me to believe that an average joe can see any difference with it on a street corner
Just click Slalom mode and you'll feel the difference even changing lanes on a highway. However, you'll be slower in Slalom mode around corners because it's just giving up rear slip angle to make it feel like you've got godlike turn-in, but it works well for really tight corners, like in a Slalom/AutoX for which the mode is named. Standard mode feels pretty close to a non TVD car. Track mode is somewhere in between, but you'll still get a decent amount of understeer in 3rd gear corners, or off camber 2nd gear corners.

Again, and I stress that if you're chasing laptimes, it's not worth the investment. You're better off buying a faster car for less money. For driving on the streets, if you like to take a corner or 2 or an offramp a little hotter than the average joe, or doing some back highway cornering, it's a must have if you hate the feeling of understeer.
Old 09-21-15, 09:50 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotatom
I quoted that price because that what it costs to get the TVD. I think it was a stand alone option for awhile, but not now.
You definitely could be a politician. Trying to justify an outright lie. The TVD is stated as a stand-alone option on the brochure, and I don't work at Lexus to know if that changed. And it doesn't matter. The price you quoted is for A PACKAGE that includes expensive C/F parts, and NOT TVD alone. That's a flat-out lie. Discussion over.

Originally Posted by rominl
it is very hard for me to believe that an average joe can see any difference with it on a street corner
It's not the 'see', or even the difference in lap times. But the FEEL. Go drive one and then come back and comment all you want.
Old 09-22-15, 01:46 PM
toyotatom
Intermediate

So These posters from this site don't know what they are talking about either I guess, brochures are printed way before the cars come out and if Im not mistaken there is something written in them that states something like the brochure may NOT be up to date or something to that effect. The Lexus.com site would be more up to date than an outdated brochure any day. Im not trying to justify any lie, just the facts.

Lexus now requiring Performance Package with TVD
i recently ordered an RCF with TVD but without the performance package, as I find little value in all of the carbon and prefer a sunroof. The order was approved by Lexus and I received my confirmation from the dealership.
I received another message today that they are undergoing rolling changes and require the $5,500 performance package to get TVD.
I'm disappointed and a little peeved that they would accept a build only to later reject it. They probably don't care if I cancel my order... Do yall think anything could be done so they honor the original configuration?
lcooper is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-15, 02:54 PM #2
ISF001
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcooper View Post
i recently ordered an RCF with TVD but without the performance package, as I find little value in all of the carbon and prefer a sunroof. The order was approved by Lexus and I received my confirmation from the dealership.
I received another message today that they are undergoing rolling changes and require the $5,500 performance package to get TVD.

I'm disappointed and a little peeved that they would accept a build only to later reject it. They probably don't care if I cancel my order... Do yall think anything could be done so they honor the original configuration?
I understand your disappointment,

My understanding was that effective January 2015, all TVDs would be built with the carbon components.

The addition of the TVD prior to January was a time-limited offer. With that said, if your deposit was taken BEFORE January, you should have a convincing position with your dealership.

The other option is to find a non-carbon TVD in the states and secure it through a dealer.

2015 RCF Ultrasonic Blue Mica with Carbon Package & TVD
Rural PA
ISF001 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-15, 04:16 PM #3
WayneIS350
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

When I found out TVD was an option without performance (limited time) I told my dealer that's what I wanted because I wasn't sold on the blue with black CF. They tried placing the order in November but were told then it wouldn't be allowed, so they looked at incoming stock and worked a trade for one very close to what I wanted ordered (I got a moon roof I didn't really want and didn't get pre collision, but I got a non CF with TVD so I'm happy overall). Have your dealer search what's available now and on the boat, you may get lucky as I did if your dealer can work a trade. But I had put down a deposit in Jan 2014 right after the announcement and was a prior Lexus customer, so they worked hard to find a dealer willing to trade.
Last edited by WayneIS350; 01-28-15 at 04:21 PM.
WayneIS350 is offline Report Post

You definitely could be a politician. Trying to justify an outright lie. The TVD is stated as a stand-alone option on the brochure, and I don't work at Lexus to know if that changed. And it doesn't matter. The price you quoted is for A PACKAGE that includes expensive C/F parts, and NOT TVD alone. That's a flat-out lie. Discussion over.

It's not the 'see', or even the difference in lap times. But the FEEL. Go drive one and then come back and comment all you want.
Old 09-22-15, 02:47 PM
rage2
Rookie

TVD is part of a $7400 package in Canada, which is really bare compared to the US Performance package. We only get TVD, CF Roof, Sunroof delete, CF spoiler, different wheels for $7400. The rest of the items are already included in the base configuration.
Old 09-22-15, 04:47 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Not to harp on this... But at the launch... The CF package was delayed...

Lexus pumped out a bunch of RC F w/ Stand Alone TVD for $1,750

Then when the CF was deemed ready, it became an all or nothing deal...

Also, who here has a Cold Weather Package ??

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 09-22-15 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-22-15, 06:17 PM
rage2
Rookie

Canadian cars comes with heated steering wheels standard. Actually, every option except the performance pack is standard in Canada, hence why our starting price is $80k.
Old 09-22-15, 09:28 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Lexus pumped out a bunch of RC F w/ Stand Alone TVD for $1,750
Thank you for that info. So now we officially know the TVD is worth $1,750, not $5,500.
Old 09-23-15, 04:37 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

But it costs $5500 to get one today, not $1750 like you led us to believe.

Thank you for that info. So now we officially know the TVD is worth $1,750, not $5,500.
Old 09-23-15, 06:33 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rage2
It's important for those who value how a car feels around a corner.
Yep. I've also modified my car for better feel, and at the end of the day, it feels good when I drive it-- be it around an exit ramp, autocross, or parking spot. If the TVD was worth it to you, that's awesome. Enjoy.
Old 09-23-15, 10:21 AM
JCtx
Racer

You just don't get it, do you? The point always was the TVD is worth $1,750, not $5,500. It's like saying the 467HP 5L V8 Lexus engine costs 65 grand. It does NOT. You need to spend that to get it on the RC-F, but could always buy one separately for much less. Same with the TVD. How much they're worth and how much you need to spend to get them are two VERY different things. Deal with it. Ignored.
Old 09-23-15, 10:45 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Again not to keep harping on this...

But there are a couple of RC F's left on the ground, over 200 days in So Cal..

You can still get one w/ TVD & no carbon today..

Joe Z

Quick Reply: Did lexus make too many RC-F's?