Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just be happy , there are no RCF's in South Africa
Old 09-07-15, 06:12 AM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
THANK YOU T, FINALLY Somebody that would List the Dealership where they got a Great Deal You're the FIRST One that would actually say it. NOT Sure WHY (that's the Whole Purpose of a car forum is to give out valuable info, tips, how too's OR where to get a GREAT Deal IS).
Ya no worries. Not sure why folks are keeping it a secret either, it's not like dealerships are having a time keeping them on the lot, so might as well share the wealth and get some more RCF's on the streets and in the forums.
Old 09-07-15, 06:31 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by toystry
Ya no worries. Not sure why folks are keeping it a secret either, it's not like dealerships are having a time keeping them on the lot, so might as well share the wealth and get some more RCF's on the streets and in the forums.
Surprisingly, my dealer has already sold more TVDs and torsens in 8 months than the ISFs they sold throughput its entire production period.

The RC Fs are all being sold at list with a pop up on the trade in value of your current car...it all hinges on regional supply and demand. Also, this is a Lexus-dominated car area, and the dealer moves a lot of wheels.

Last edited by ISF001; 09-07-15 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-07-15, 07:20 AM
kareemRCF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many RCFs are being sold weekly here in Bahrain while M3s and M4s are stuck on the dealer lots.
Old 09-07-15, 08:58 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been surfing my local Lexus Dealers and noticed quite a lot in there lots I never experienced that with the IS F's. Currently JM Lexus has 24 on the lot.

Last edited by LexISguy; 09-07-15 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-07-15, 10:18 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

canada has to unload it because its the end of 2015 MY and Winter Is Coming. Good luck trying to sell an RCF in the nasty Canadian winters. It will rot on the lot for 6 months if you dont sell it.
Old 09-07-15, 10:27 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by ISF001
Surprisingly, my dealer has already sold more TVDs and torsens in 8 months than the ISFs they sold throughput its entire production period.

The RC Fs are all being sold at list with a pop up on the trade in value of your current car...it all hinges on regional supply and demand. Also, this is a Lexus-dominated car area, and the dealer moves a lot of wheels.
Rural PA and general areas surrounding is not particually known for selling lots of IS F / RC F etc..

There are four Lexus regions in the USA..

The ones with the best deals will be Western Region and South / South Eastern areas..

Look for HIGH volume dealerships with lots of allocations..

Joe Z
Old 09-07-15, 11:36 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

SInce we know Lexus built too many RC-Fs already, the better question at this point is this: Will Lexus adjust production in the future according to demand? Otherwise these F cars will be a joke, and nothing more than an over-produced option package you can almost get for the price of an F-sport. Unfortunately, the most likely scenario is they'll continue over-producing the cars, and then do whatever is necessary to move them out, obviously at the expense of the used-car market. Hope I'm wrong.
Old 09-07-15, 12:12 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

and "we know" they produced too many how?
Old 09-07-15, 01:52 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont the dealers have to order these cars? or is lexus just randomly making and shipping RCFs?
Old 09-07-15, 02:27 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
i see a bunch on ebay for sale, and someone here just got one for 1K below invoice in va. That
dealer by the way i think has 10 rcfs!

just what i am noticing. Seems price goes down by 10-15 grand when someone tries to sell with under 10k miles.

i hope the gs f fares better.
Lol, always someone with no RC F and talking about something someone said they got on the internet. Did they? Who knows. Who cares.

A quick search on Cars.com reveals 114 used M4s and 66 RC Fs for sale. Lexus is a luxury, reliable brand and it will take a while to break into the performance market.

BTW, I got mine at $3k below invoice and they threw in LX and Christmas turkeys for a lifetime for good measure.

Oh, and there are two RCFs at my local dealer by my count when I went by there today to grab a burger and shoot the **** with some folks there. The listing on the net may not always be update . . .

Last edited by DougHII; 09-07-15 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-07-15, 02:32 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by izoom
I work at a Lexus dealer in canada. Northwestlexus and just bought an rcf myself the deals are amazing! If anyone wants to come see me message me.
Big shock a guy working at a dealer is touting great deals, contact me . . . That said, good luck to you but you kind of spamming here and creating some doubt in the process.

Deals can be had everywhere at Lexus right now. I think it is more of a function of everyone getting a bit spooked couple of weeks ago with the markets because it ain't just RC Fs. They are dead right now and have been that week since week 4 of August.

If you want an RC F or a Lexus of any kind, time to stop being an Internet car warrior and step up. Great deals to be held everywhere on all models.

Support your local dealers. Will pay dividends in the long run.

Last edited by DougHII; 09-07-15 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-07-15, 02:38 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexISguy
I have been surfing my local Lexus Dealers and noticed quite a lot in there lots I never experienced that with the IS F's. Currently JM Lexus has 24 on the lot.
Listed on the Net or actually on the lot. My dealer had 2 today on their lot. Kind of tempted to trade my Orange in on a Black Carbon fibre with red interior, Levison and etc. . . . The black carbon with red interior is just awesome.

Lol at the IS F comparison. How many did they make? Sorry to say, but the IS F was an after though throw a big engine in a bland sedan and see if people want it. The RC F is actually an effort by Lexus to go a new direction and actually appeals to something other then the typical Lexus purchaser.

Last edited by DougHII; 09-07-15 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-07-15, 02:45 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
and "we know" they produced too many how?
Economics 101 man. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a new car on its first year being discounted thousands of dollars means only one thing: supply higher than demand. Try to buy a Ferrari 488 at a discount. Or any earlier than a year waiting time. That's the opposite case. Anyway, there's no question too many RC-Fs were produced for actual demand. The only question is how many. THAT is hard to answer.

Originally Posted by DrRick
dont the dealers have to order these cars?
They 'force' dealers to take them man. Same with most other manufacturers. And I put 'force' in quotes because they don't put a gun to their heads. But if they refuse to take what the manufacturer wants to shove down their throats, they cut their more profitable allocations. That's how it works in many retail businesses. Just ask Walmart vendors if you want to hear even worse stories. Ha ha.
Old 09-07-15, 03:07 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Economics 101 man. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a new car on its first year being discounted thousands of dollars means only one thing: supply higher than demand. Try to buy a Ferrari 488 at a discount. Or any earlier than a year waiting time. That's the opposite case. Anyway, there's no question too many RC-Fs were produced for actual demand. The only question is how many. THAT is hard to answer.

They 'force' dealers to take them man. Same with most other manufacturers. And I put 'force' in quotes because they don't put a gun to their heads. But if they refuse to take what the manufacturer wants to shove down their throats, they cut their more profitable allocations. That's how it works in many retail businesses. Just ask Walmart vendors if you want to hear even worse stories. Ha ha.
Seriously, you are trying to compare a Ferrari to a Lexus. WTH? Get out and drive if that is the best you can do . . . .

Lexus is trying to break into a new very niche market. Ferrari has its mainstays and idiosyncrasies which you apparently know nothing about including the sports car market in general. F cars used to hold their value, but you got socked for about $ 10k to $ 20k a year in maintenance if you drove them.

Purchasing an actual new Ferrari, not flipped with 0 miles sitting at the dealership, used to be an interesting process. Being a Ferrari owner was not sufficient. Back in the early 2000s (may be different now) you actually had to purchase several used cars at the inflated dealer prices just to get the privilege. I purchased a 355, 355 spider and a 360 CS before I got the invite. You cannot compare Ferrari's business model to Lexus' effort to enter the sports car market with an RC F. Apples and oranges.

I also purchased a new Porsche CGT right before they ended production early due to lack of demand. Now look at prices . . . Easy to say back then 1,250 or 1,500 $ 448,000 cars was too many. Sometimes the demand and respect lags. Is it lagging with the RC F and will it catch up or will it be a flop? I dunno. The RC F is a fantastic, fun car at an incredibly cheap price. I jut think it will take some time before people realize what it is about. People still don't know what mine is when they see it. It takes time!!! It may take off then or maybe it won't. Who cares. Gives me a big smile every day when i drive it to work.

Quick Reply: Did lexus make too many RC-F's?