RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Forged Wheels (Vossen, Velgen, VMR, HRE, Forgiato, Who Else)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-15, 07:05 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Forged Wheels (Vossen, Velgen, VMR, HRE, Forgiato, Who Else)?

So I've never owned a set of Forged Wheels before (despite the stock ones on it now), but I've been researching them and realize that this is the way to go.

With that, couple questions:

1. Who all makes forged wheels for our RCF's?
2. What's the difference in quality between the brands?
3. What should I expect to pay for a set?

Thanks.....

Last edited by toystry; 08-31-15 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-31-15, 07:35 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Not all "Forged" wheels are created equal. You should consider anything from Rays, Advan, Volk, Works. Volks and Advans are going to run you ~1000-1200$ per wheel in 20". I've owned two sets of HRE's and loved them as well as several sets of Advans. The Volks I'm running now just might be my fav. Always wanted a set of the TE37 Ultras and finally after 6 months they arrived from Japan. The Advan GT looks great on your color

http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...-te37-is-made/

Old 09-01-15, 04:46 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Avant Garde (AG) Wheels have some amazing designs and color combos to choose from. I can't remember how much I paid for them exactly, but there are a few vendors on here that can help you with that. Good luck with whatever wheels you choose and happy shopping bro!

Last edited by aWorkOfArt; 09-01-15 at 04:53 AM.
Old 09-01-15, 08:16 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
Not all "Forged" wheels are created equal. You should consider anything from Rays, Advan, Volk, Works. Volks and Advans are going to run you ~1000-1200$ per wheel in 20". I've owned two sets of HRE's and loved them as well as several sets of Advans. The Volks I'm running now just might be my fav. Always wanted a set of the TE37 Ultras and finally after 6 months they arrived from Japan. The Advan GT looks great on your color

http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...-te37-is-made/

^^^^^^agree to that...only has deep pocket...lol..
Old 09-01-15, 08:21 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

I have 20" Vossen Precision Series forged VPS 311 monoblock on my RC F, they have a very nice factory where they CNC their forged wheels and are made in the US!

Believe it or not, they are actually lighter than the stock 19" wheels!
Old 09-01-15, 10:11 AM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

AG offers some great looking, quality forged options which might be worth checking out!

Check out more AG Forged wheel styles and photos here!
Old 09-01-15, 04:34 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by GetUrWheel
AG offers some great looking, quality forged options which might be worth checking out!

Check out more AG Forged wheel styles and photos here!
^^^^ pure sex!!!
Old 09-01-15, 05:16 PM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chris07is
^^^^ pure sex!!!
Agree, apparently blue is the new popular color
Old 09-02-15, 12:14 PM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

Just dug up some other photos of the AG F431s in 20x9.5/10.5 in full chrome!

I think these might be my favorite style so far!
Old 09-02-15, 04:40 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

To put things into perspective, Avante Garde, Vossen, ADV.1, etc., are all great wheels that offer more of a boutique luxury style wheel with crazy customization capabilities. You can choose everything from custom widths, offsets, finishes, faces, hardware, etc. In recent years these have become increasingly popular among exotic car and super car tuners. It gives a certain "premium" looks to high-end cars. The engineering, QA, production capabilities of these wheels have grown exponentially as well which is why many people like them.

If you want that luxury/high-end wheel, those would be a good option.

If you want something more sporty with a simple and aggressive JDM style design, you'll want to look at Volk or Advan. Volk and Advan wheels are some of the lightest and strongest wheel you'll ever encounter. Many of the real deal race teams/track cars in Japan use Volk and Advan wheels due to them being lightweight and super strong. They are specifically bred for track function and style. They also produce many OEM wheels for car manufacturers as well due to their stringent manufacturing capabilities. They have one of the most strict safety and QA policies out of anybody which is why companies like Nissan and Nismo uses them for their production cars. The only things about JDM brands is that they are mostly all "off-the-shelf" type fitment so you'll have to choose between the size, offset, and finishes that they provide.

Work wheels is also a good option; however, they don't offer too many "forged" options. They do offer both sporty style and luxury style wheels and they offer custom widths, offsets, and some finishes. It's a good quality wheel though and a lot of Lexus guys love using Work wheels due to the fact that they can achieve that deep-dish look.

The overall theme of the car should somewhat determine which wheel style and brand you want to go with. You don't HAVE to follow that theme as it is your car so it's really up to you and what look you're going for.

I personally love any wheel that is quality made and looks good LOL. I hope some of this info helps.
Old 09-02-15, 06:48 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BPauto
To put things into perspective, Avante Garde, Vossen, ADV.1, etc., are all great wheels that offer more of a boutique luxury style wheel with crazy customization capabilities. You can choose everything from custom widths, offsets, finishes, faces, hardware, etc. In recent years these have become increasingly popular among exotic car and super car tuners. It gives a certain "premium" looks to high-end cars. The engineering, QA, production capabilities of these wheels have grown exponentially as well which is why many people like them.

If you want that luxury/high-end wheel, those would be a good option.

If you want something more sporty with a simple and aggressive JDM style design, you'll want to look at Volk or Advan. Volk and Advan wheels are some of the lightest and strongest wheel you'll ever encounter. Many of the real deal race teams/track cars in Japan use Volk and Advan wheels due to them being lightweight and super strong. They are specifically bred for track function and style. They also produce many OEM wheels for car manufacturers as well due to their stringent manufacturing capabilities. They have one of the most strict safety and QA policies out of anybody which is why companies like Nissan and Nismo uses them for their production cars. The only things about JDM brands is that they are mostly all "off-the-shelf" type fitment so you'll have to choose between the size, offset, and finishes that they provide.

Work wheels is also a good option; however, they don't offer too many "forged" options. They do offer both sporty style and luxury style wheels and they offer custom widths, offsets, and some finishes. It's a good quality wheel though and a lot of Lexus guys love using Work wheels due to the fact that they can achieve that deep-dish look.

The overall theme of the car should somewhat determine which wheel style and brand you want to go with. You don't HAVE to follow that theme as it is your car so it's really up to you and what look you're going for.

I personally love any wheel that is quality made and looks good LOL. I hope some of this info helps.
Wow great answer, thanks for the insight Bulletproof Auto!
Old 09-03-15, 05:34 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be very careful with the clever marketing of some of these companies. I still stand by my statement that Vossen makes terrible quality wheels; and as I've owned two sets I believe i have the right to do so.

I currently own ADV.1's and although they have the ability to make you awesome custom wheels, they do not have the strength as I have now cracked the inner barrel on two.

Sure these wheels are "forged" but what are they forged out of and is it Chinese alloy? Trust me this makes a HUGE difference.

I have heard good things about Brixton Forged.

Next for me is a set from either HRE or Volk; these are without a doubt the strongest lightest wheels on the market.
Old 09-03-15, 11:54 AM
RamiRom
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, ADV1 is by no means cheap either. Did you do something out of the norm for this to happen?

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
Be very careful with the clever marketing of some of these companies. I still stand by my statement that Vossen makes terrible quality wheels; and as I've owned two sets I believe i have the right to do so.

I currently own ADV.1's and although they have the ability to make you awesome custom wheels, they do not have the strength as I have now cracked the inner barrel on two.

Sure these wheels are "forged" but what are they forged out of and is it Chinese alloy? Trust me this makes a HUGE difference.

Next for me is a set from either HRE or Volk; these are without a doubt the strongest lightest wheels on the market.
Old 09-03-15, 04:04 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by toystry
Wow great answer, thanks for the insight Bulletproof Auto!
No problem... happy to share knowledge whenever possible.

Originally Posted by 4everkidd

Very true. It's important to make sure everybody does their research when choosing wheels as they are not just for looks or style, they are also a safety factor.

My personal preference is Volk or Advan personally but that doesn't mean other brands aren't nice as well.
Old 09-03-15, 06:34 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by BPauto
No problem... happy to share knowledge whenever possible.

Very true. It's important to make sure everybody does their research when choosing wheels as they are not just for looks or style, they are also a safety factor.

My personal preference is Volk or Advan personally but that doesn't mean other brands aren't nice as well.
Do you know what would be the Absolute Most you could save in weight per all 4 wheels? Or which wheels are the Lightest? Thanks

Quick Reply: Forged Wheels (Vossen, Velgen, VMR, HRE, Forgiato, Who Else)?