RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Forged Wheels (Vossen, Velgen, VMR, HRE, Forgiato, Who Else)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-16, 05:14 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I didn't know anybody still bought Chrome wheels anymore? Though, i'm probably out of the loop so who knows. What car are you going to be in going 200mph, i wouldn't think it's the RCF is it? Whatever you decide let us know which is the Lightest/most durable on the market
I buy chrome. I don't care if anyone else does. If I wanted to be like everyone else I wouldn't have bought a RC F.

Why would you think the RC F wouldn't be going 200 mph? I'm not staying stock... Who stays stock anymore? I'm aiming for 800-1000 whp through FI. 200 mph will be easily reached.

I don't know or care which is the lightest or the most durable on the market. I like these rims and want to know if they are durable enough to handle what I'll put them through.

Last edited by Davew77; 09-12-16 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-12-16, 06:48 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Davew77
I buy chrome. I don't care if anyone else does. If I wanted to be like everyone else I wouldn't have bought a RC F.

Why would you think the RC F wouldn't be going 200 mph? I'm not staying stock... Who stays stock anymore? I'm aiming for 800-1000 whp through FI. 200 mph will be easily reached.

I don't know or care which is the lightest or the most durable on the market. I like these rims and want to know if they are durable enough to handle what I'll put them through.

IF you're going to make 200mph in the RCF you should try & make it to the Texas 1/2 mile shootout Nov. 12/13. You would most likely be out running some of the TT Lambo's & TT Porsche's. Let me know if you can make it & i'll definitely try & look you up!
Old 09-12-16, 07:01 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

IF you're going to make 200mph in the RCF you should try & make it to the Texas 1/2 mile shootout Nov. 12/13. You would most likely be out running some of the TT Lambo's & TT Porsche's. Let me know if you can make it & i'll definitely try & look you up!
I'd like to be hitting that by Nov 12th, but I very seriously doubt it. I may be hitting the projected 530 whp that RR Racing has stated by then if I go with their supercharger. I'm aiming for 800-1000, but I don't know how long it will be before I get to that stage.
Old 09-12-16, 07:06 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

I'd like to be hitting that by Nov 12th, but I very seriously doubt it. I may be hitting the projected 530 whp that RR Racing has stated by then if I go with their supercharger. I'm aiming for 800-1000, but I don't know how long it will be before I get to that stage.
Definitely start a thread on it cause that will be an Awesome Build. ALL i've ever wanted is a TUNE! Seems like we're getting closer & closer.
Old 09-12-16, 07:13 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Definitely start a thread on it cause that will be an Awesome Build. ALL i've ever wanted is a TUNE! Seems like we're getting closer & closer.
Did you not see this?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...rr-racing.html
Old 09-12-16, 07:41 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Yeah, i saw it but $400 for an extra 5-6 hp is not what i'm expecting. I know ISfast didn't seem too impressed after he had his done (he said it improved in some areas like driveability & response i believe but that's what i got when i bought the Apexi & it was a lot cheaper than $400).
Old 09-12-16, 07:47 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Yeah, i saw it but $400 for an extra 5-6 hp is not what i'm expecting. I know ISfast didn't seem too impressed after he had his done (he said it improved in some areas like driveability & response i believe but that's what i got when i bought the Apexi & it was a lot cheaper than $400).
There is some mid-range torque too. But I'm still in agreement with you. I'm just excited about the ability to tune at all. It has opened a door.

I just wasn't expecting this to happen so soon. I figured I'd at least be out of my 50k mile warranty before someone made a real tune available, haha!
Old 09-12-16, 08:01 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

There is some mid-range torque too. But I'm still in agreement with you. I'm just excited about the ability to tune at all. It has opened a door.

I just wasn't expecting this to happen so soon. I figured I'd at least be out of my 50k mile warranty before someone made a real tune available, haha!
Oh i hear ya', i had a tune put on my 08' H2 & now it will THROW you against the back of the seat, for something that weighs a TON it is Really Violent! Guess that's kinda what i'm expecting from a Tune on the RCF. But, i'm like you i'm just Excited there's some people out there making some headway!
Old 09-13-16, 02:28 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

What's the word on the durability of Avant Garde? Specifically these rims. I like these rims. They appeal to me more than any other rim I've seen so far. But I run my car hard, it's not a show car. I need rims that are going to hold up under racing conditions (and speeds up to 200 mph). I'm aware that these rims run about $6k, and that's fine with me. If they can withstand my abuse...

I'll also be looking for the 19" version, not the 20".
Bump on this post since it got buried a page back. I'd like to hear from anyone who has heard anything bad (or good) about Avant Garde's forged rims. The specs appear to be in line with what they should be for a quality rim. But as it's known, not all forged are created equal. I'd hate to shell out a few grand on rims and have them bend or crack on me.

I know these aren't Volks, but that fact alone doesn't make them trash either. That would be like saying the RC F is trash just because it's not the M4.
Old 09-14-16, 12:38 PM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Bump on this post since it got buried a page back. I'd like to hear from anyone who has heard anything bad (or good) about Avant Garde's forged rims. The specs appear to be in line with what they should be for a quality rim. But as it's known, not all forged are created equal. I'd hate to shell out a few grand on rims and have them bend or crack on me.

I know these aren't Volks, but that fact alone doesn't make them trash either. That would be like saying the RC F is trash just because it's not the M4.
We've had a lot of luck with AG wheels, great quality and customer service from our experience.
We have a thread dedicated to the AG Forged wheels here, might be worth taking a look at!
Old 09-14-16, 04:50 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I forgot all about this thread. I've personally had a few sets of wheels on my car some cast, forged, flow formed and even now a new set of the Vossen & Work Wheels collab from Japan. This will probably be my final setup before i sell the car.
Old 09-15-16, 11:03 AM
DjRiDe
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I have had about 5 sets of Vossen wheels on my cars - There new collaboration with Vossen X Works collection is probably gonna be my next set. There customer service is awesome! Also check out there Forged VPS precision line of wheels.
Old 09-16-16, 08:15 AM
ccdan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BC Forged HCS02S - 19x11.5 345/30/19 Nitto Invo

Old 09-16-16, 12:37 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by ccdan
BC Forged HCS02S - 19x11.5 345/30/19 Nitto Invo

Looks great! Have any better shots from the side and front?
Old 09-19-16, 08:37 AM
ccdan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
Looks great! Have any better shots from the side and front?
Thanks! These were purely for mockup as i'm doing 20" wheels in the end. I'll post more photos when they're done and installed.

Quick Reply: Forged Wheels (Vossen, Velgen, VMR, HRE, Forgiato, Who Else)?