Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Cool to have an exact number. Thanks!
Old 08-29-15, 04:57 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

She's portly, but I like'm thick, lol......surprised the carbon version weighs that much. How much does the Torsion Diff add?
Old 08-29-15, 05:12 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

TVD adds like 60#. The CF parts arent going to save much
Old 08-29-15, 05:22 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Hey, you didn't know that Heavy is the New Thin these Days
Old 08-29-15, 05:48 PM
A267mm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toystry
She's portly, but I like'm thick, lol......surprised the carbon version weighs that much. How much does the Torsion Diff add?
Don't know but friend of mine has one with 1/4 tank of gas and came in at 4000lbs

Old 08-29-15, 06:18 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

You guys are getting too serious about the RCF's weight, she's NOT going on a Diet anytime soon! I would imagine that's one of the reasons her ride is as good as it is, if she was 4-500 lbs. lighter it most likely wouldn't be quite as good! I guess it really depends on what you want, do you want a 10 sec. 1/4 mile car or do you want a car that's ride is pure Luxury. If you think about it, the RCF is the Perfect Medium just the way she is. Sure, you could tweak some things here & there, but you could do that on ANY Vehicle (i'm Completely Happy with her just as she is).
Old 08-29-15, 09:12 PM
A267mm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
You guys are getting too serious about the RCF's weight, she's NOT going on a Diet anytime soon! I would imagine that's one of the reasons her ride is as good as it is, if she was 4-500 lbs. lighter it most likely wouldn't be quite as good! I guess it really depends on what you want, do you want a 10 sec. 1/4 mile car or do you want a car that's ride is pure Luxury. If you think about it, the RCF is the Perfect Medium just the way she is. Sure, you could tweak some things here & there, but you could do that on ANY Vehicle (i'm Completely Happy with her just as she is).
I agree but with it being a few 100lbs lighter car would be much more competitive

Last edited by A267mm; 08-29-15 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-30-15, 03:20 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
The CF parts arent going to save much
Yeah, not that much against a metal roof only. But add a heavy moonroof and It's about 75 lbs savings, for what I remember reading.

Originally Posted by toystry
surprised the carbon version weighs that much.
Me too, until I realized it was with a full tank of gas (like it should be, really). The figure I read before for a fully-loaded model (including the perf package) was 3,953. Since 17.5 gallons of fuel weigh 115 lbs, a car with all fluids but no gas would be 3,939 lbs. The above figure seems to be accurate too, but with only 2-1/4 gallons of gas. And yes, manufacturers love to play that stupid game of giving us figures not only without gas, but others do it without ANY fluids, AND without a battery or tools. Motorcycles are the same way. Geez. Anyway, thank you for that figure OP. Now we know fully-fueled our baby whales (ha ha) weigh 4,050 lbs.
Old 08-30-15, 10:09 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Guys i know the moonroof/sunroof weighs more but i wouldn't want one without it. I love mine & i didn't buy this car to try & out run the fastest cars in town, so a few lbs. here & there isn't going to make that much difference to me.
Old 08-31-15, 10:23 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

i know the moonroof/sunroof weighs more but i wouldn't want one without it.
That's all that matters. There's a total of 75 lbs difference, I believe. But just like you said, that difference would be unnoticeable to most, and only when pushing the car really hard. In my case, I'm on the opposite side now. I used to make a moonroof a deal-breaker option, but now I'm against them. Can never use them, add weight at the worst place, can be broken by vandals, and I'm tired of the rattles they eventually bring with them. But at least Lexus is not using the stupid translucent cover Audi, Mercedes, Fiat, and many others are using, which not only allow an inordinate amount of heat to come into the car. But the sun can actually burn you. And prone to skin cancer now, those are an absolute deal-breaker to me now. Yeah, you could limo-tint them with ceramic material. But why pay over a grand for one, and then spend even more for that, and still have the weight penalty and prone to rattles? I'm glad Lexus offered a C/F option without a moonroof. But most people prefer a moonroof, and that's why it's included in most cars with higher trim levels. Enjoy yours.
Old 08-31-15, 03:37 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

JC, it seems like more & more people are preferring Cars without them though. I have one of my Buddies in the Porsche Club that is in the Market, but it HAS to be Without the Sunroof & another one that just bought his car & he wouldn't even Consider ones that had one. May be something to that, my next car i may just have to Re-think it (some of those guys do track theirs too so i'm sure that's one factor). In the Past pretty much every vehicle i've bought had to have one though!
Old 09-01-15, 10:05 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^THIS^^^

I love the planted feeling at high speeds. The car handles extremely well, and it puts down the power with consistency--much more than can be said for the competing rides that either lose control or give up tenths for a smoke.

The RC F is not going to lose weight. It is the by product of luxury, safety, and aspirated joy. I really appreciate the stout boy in 3-digit territory. It digs in. We all know the car does not like low RPM direct shifts with the torque converter locked, and here is where one can see the car was designed for high-speed thrills (under safe conditions/open roads, of course).

If you are seriously competing, buy the RCF-S in a couple of years--it will be lighter, yet more powerful, and mean.

I am heading in the LF-LC direction in 2017/18, if the new super car is everything it is professed to be. I like the Vanquish, but it's a lot of coin and the LF-LC may prove to be an outstanding value.
Old 09-09-15, 01:50 PM
Adubs007
Driver School Candidate

An added surprise of the weight, saved 7 bucks a month off of my insurance over my previous 2014 E class benz. Hey it is a little something right?
Old 09-10-15, 05:47 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

any idea how much stock wheels weigh. Changing out to lighter wheels would help

Quick Reply: Weight of rcf