RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Finally Here

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-15, 04:16 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Finally Here

Well all, I finally picked up my RCF (Ultra White/Red) with Performance, Premium, Levinson, Radar Cruise, Hand Polished Wheels). I picked it up in Naples, FL and took it back on the auto train so I had a chance to give it a great long drive from Virginia to RI.
I love this car. At 46 I thought that cars were no longer that exciting but I was wrong. The sound and the looks from others with thumbs up made me smile. I was asked many times on the way home what the car was and saw others looking at it calling it from a Toyota FRS to a LFA. I do not know how someone could confuse this with a LFA.
I do have to say that the hesitation issue did rear its ugly head and Lexus definitely needs a fix.
I am looking forward to many pleasurable drives in this car and will never compare it to any other vehicle as I am not concerned whether or not it matches up to anything else in the segment. I am just glad that Lexus decided to build its version of a performance car without losing the Lexus standard.
Old 08-27-15, 05:08 AM
BAlbright
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on your new toy. I've had mine since March...and you're right..this car gets the looks and the thumbs up all the time. I've also had several people ask if it was an LFA. Have fun. You make it sound like 46 is old. Hell..I'm 70 and I love fast, good looking cars.
Old 08-27-15, 06:16 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats on the new purchase! Had mine since July, and loving every minute of it. You are right too, the level of performance in cars is so high and at the same time, so close in comparison. Most of us will very rarely be able to extract out all of the car's potential. The RC F is a fantastic platform, that does so many things close to perfect, and the sum of it's parts make it a standout, and my choice of car. As car enthusiasts, we live in a golden age of cars, it's really hard to go wrong whatever way you go.

Post up some pictures of the new ride when you can.
Old 08-27-15, 05:12 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on your new car, post up some pics when you get a chance!
Old 08-27-15, 07:35 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Couldn't have said it Better, Glad to hear you Really Love it & also feel the same way as you do about Lexus Finally coming up with a Performance Car (that also doesn't cost an arm & a leg to own) & on Top of that it's a Beautiful Car that Definitely grabs it's Share of Looks & 's UP!