RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Pictures of your RSR Coilover rear adjustment.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-15, 08:00 AM
sraesmit
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures of your RSR Coilover rear adjustment.

Hey folks,

For all that have the RSR Coils, how do you adjust the rear dampening routinely? Do I really need to remove the entire, damn shock to adjust dampening?
Old 08-23-15, 03:11 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For shock dampening, you should just have to remove the trunk pieces to access the top of the shock and you can adjust the dampening from there.
Old 08-23-15, 11:34 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey guys, sorry for the hijack, but you can answer my question for sure, since you had to remove the original shocks to change to coilovers. The question is this: Does the fully-loaded RC-F (performance package) employ adjustable shocks (wires connected to them) or not? Most people say it does, but I couldn't feel crap yesterday. And there wasn't any setting for that either. Just want to know for sure. Many thanks. By the way, I really liked the suspension on this car for the use I'd give it, so as far as I'm concerned, there's no need for that IMO. And less stuff to go wrong. Take care.
Old 08-24-15, 05:06 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Hey guys, sorry for the hijack, but you can answer my question for sure, since you had to remove the original shocks to change to coilovers. The question is this: Does the fully-loaded RC-F (performance package) employ adjustable shocks (wires connected to them) or not? Most people say it does, but I couldn't feel crap yesterday. And there wasn't any setting for that either. Just want to know for sure. Many thanks. By the way, I really liked the suspension on this car for the use I'd give it, so as far as I'm concerned, there's no need for that IMO. And less stuff to go wrong. Take care.
To answer your question, the RCF does not have adaptive variable suspension like the RC 350 F-Sport has so there are no wires when you take out your stock suspension. When you adjust your driving modes it changes steering, brake, acceleration, and transmission shift point characteristics.
Old 08-24-15, 06:08 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by aWorkOfArt
To answer your question, the RCF does not have adaptive variable suspension like the RC 350 F-Sport has. When you adjust your driving modes it changes steering, brake, acceleration, and transmission shift point characteristics.
Thank you for that confirmation, brother. Now the better question is: What was Lexus thinking? Like if the car wasn't expensive enough, and already at a disadvantage for lack of DCT tranny and much heavier weight. That's the only thing I don't like about Lexus. If they want to compete with their more performance-oriented rivals, why do a half-a$$ attempt only? Hope they change that mentality in the future. At least that is NOT one of the things that bother me about the car; they got the suspension tuning right this time, at least for my preferences. But at this pace, they'll never catch up to the Germans. This kind of compromises are the ones that show up once you own the car, and can make you regret your purchase. But I also understand no car is perfect; it's just hard to find out some things on a short test-drive. That's my frustration. He he. Thanks again for your help man.