RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

2015 RC F VS 2008 IS F @ Import Face Off Videos

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-15, 04:55 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
, it's not like I am going to brake torque every where I go...lol.
I shall watch this very closely haha
Old 08-21-15, 05:29 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
I'm sure there was a lot of confusion amongst the domestic crowd in regards to seeing 2 V8 imports (not LSx swaps) out on a street car night lol

Car sounds strong the entire way down through. Do you ever feel the car fade at any point? Like, the Camaro starts losing momentum after 4th gear and just stops pulling. I had that tweaked with tuning, but since the RC-F won't have that ability, I'm curious for my own future considerations.
Thats a good point, you typically would not see too import V8's that were put there from the factory.

I haven't had a chance to push the RC F much over 100 yet, but the ISF never seemed to run out of steam. Tearing down the straights at Road America, the car would just pull until I hit the next braking zone. This is really one of the things I love about these engines over some of the FI cars I have had in the past. I hope to get a track day in still in Oct at Road America, very interested to see the difference between the two cars.
Old 08-21-15, 05:27 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
No, this is the real comparison of these two cars and their drivers. I understand your position on the ISF vs RCF topic, but I dont think you need to be in constant defense anymore as it seems the community has come to understand and respect both cars.

Besides... I haven't seen a stock ISF in 2 years lol
You misconstrued my comment. There is nothing defensive or offensive here. I have nothing against running two cars of any kind with a variety of mods. I am calling a spade a spade: This simply was not a stock to stock comparison.

Scientifically speaking, there just was no real baseline comparison of two spec cars in this instance--same driver, different drivers, whatever. A horsepower boost must be viewed as a post-production advantage and factored into the result.

My ISF was an awesome car. The RC F continues to thrill, and I expect to have a similar experience with the LF-LA in a couple of years.
Old 08-21-15, 05:35 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
Thats a good point, you typically would not see too import V8's that were put there from the factory.

I haven't had a chance to push the RC F much over 100 yet, but the ISF never seemed to run out of steam. Tearing down the straights at Road America, the car would just pull until I hit the next braking zone. This is really one of the things I love about these engines over some of the FI cars I have had in the past. I hope to get a track day in still in Oct at Road America, very interested to see the difference between the two cars.
I've seen some blue sky with the RC F. My IS F pulled like a champ and was extremely stable at 150 (never took it beyond). My comparative comment is that the RC F pulls more effortlessly to the redline--the likely outcome from the expanded rev range and more powerful engine. It also feels extremely planted.
Old 08-21-15, 06:26 PM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
I've seen some blue sky with the RC F. My IS F pulled like a champ and was extremely stable at 150 (never took it beyond). My comparative comment is that the RC F pulls more effortlessly to the redline--the likely outcome from the expanded rev range and more powerful engine. It also feels extremely planted.
I really look forward to getting there in the RC F. I agree the RC F seems to pull to refine smoother and with more rapidness.

I am also planning a trip to the Tail of the Dragon in early October. The ISF was awesome there, if not a little bigger than my S2000 counterparts. Very excited to put the RC F through its paces there. I plan on documenting the trip and creating a separate thread for it.
Old 08-22-15, 08:57 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You misconstrued my comment. There is nothing defensive or offensive here. I have nothing against running two cars of any kind with a variety of mods. I am calling a spade a spade: This simply was not a stock to stock comparison.

Scientifically speaking, there just was no real baseline comparison of two spec cars in this instance--same driver, different drivers, whatever. A horsepower boost must be viewed as a post-production advantage and factored into the result.

My ISF was an awesome car. The RC F continues to thrill, and I expect to have a similar experience with the LF-LA in a couple of years.
Isn't there a drag strip somewhere near you so we can see what YOUR stock RCF can do? 'Scientifically speaking' there's no real value in your 4.2 secs to 60 but that doesn't stop you from claiming it, does it?
Old 08-23-15, 02:35 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DrRick
Isn't there a drag strip somewhere near you so we can see what YOUR stock RCF can do? 'Scientifically speaking' there's no real value in your 4.2 secs to 60 but that doesn't stop you from claiming it, does it?
As stated earlier, more horsepower is more horsepower. A stock to stock run is a scientific comparison.

My driving: you know NOTHING about my driving skills or lack of, background, etc. Your inability to accept a simple 0-60 run humors me.

I think we both have bigger challenges in life. I know I do.
Old 08-23-15, 07:09 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

As stated earlier, more horsepower is more horsepower. A stock to stock run is a scientific comparison.

My driving: you know NOTHING about my driving skills or lack of, background, etc. Your inability to accept a simple 0-60 run humors me.

I think we both have bigger challenges in life. I know I do.
interesting. So you'd rather invent numbers for your car while wagging your finger about 'scientific' to those who take time out and contribute to the community with verified numbers? Gotcha...
Old 08-23-15, 10:28 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

interesting. So you'd rather invent numbers for your car while wagging your finger about 'scientific' to those who take time out and contribute to the community with verified numbers? Gotcha...
dr.rick. (are you a dentist or a chiropractor, i ask this cause i don't know any REAL Dr.'s that drive that car in your signature) & i also don't understand WHY you constantly hang out in our RCF forum just to argue or always trying to Diss anything Positive anybody has to say about the RCF! WHY Don't you just hang out with your buddies in the Other Section (or maybe when your wife gets her BMW you'll go hang out with them)? jw!

Last edited by johnnyreb; 08-23-15 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-24-15, 07:05 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DrRick's comment was a bit "forward", but I still dont think this response is necessary. Lets keep it car related before we have another thread get locked over personal squabbling.

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
dr.rick. (are you a dentist or a chiropractor, i ask this cause i don't know any REAL Dr.'s that drive that car in your signature) & i also don't understand WHY you constantly hang out in our RCF forum just to argue or always trying to Diss anything Positive anybody has to say about the RCF! WHY Don't you just hang out with your buddies in the Other Section (or maybe when your wife gets her BMW you'll go hang out with them)? jw!
Old 08-24-15, 07:24 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Ummm....why don't you ask RC500 how much I've 'dissed' his car or his accomplishment. I was VERY complimentary and even offered some suggestions on how he could get his times lower. I've also offered suggestions to the guy trying to decide whether to lease or purchase his RCF. So your comments are pretty offbase.

I've been a member of CL for almost 15 yrs....and have owned 3 of them. I think my love of the brand is pretty much acknowledged.

My apologies to ISF001 if my response was too 'forward'. It started off as a simple question...

As for the 'real doctor' wouldn't drive an ISF comment? Sorry...not taking the bait from someone that uses exclamation points at the end of almost every sentence.

Last edited by DrRick; 08-24-15 at 07:28 AM.
Old 08-24-15, 08:24 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

OK guys, enough with the personal comments. If you can't keep the discussion focused on the vehicles then exit the thread.

I'll remind you to use the forums "ignore list" feature if another member's comments regularly annoy you.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...?do=ignorelist
Old 08-24-15, 11:39 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Ummm....why don't you ask RC500 how much I've 'dissed' his car or his accomplishment. I was VERY complimentary and even offered some suggestions on how he could get his times lower. I've also offered suggestions to the guy trying to decide whether to lease or purchase his RCF. So your comments are pretty offbase.

I've been a member of CL for almost 15 yrs....and have owned 3 of them. I think my love of the brand is pretty much acknowledged.

My apologies to ISF001 if my response was too 'forward'. It started off as a simple question...

As for the 'real doctor' wouldn't drive an ISF comment? Sorry...not taking the bait from someone that uses exclamation points at the end of almost every sentence.
I don't know why i do that Doc, just got in the habit i guess! Also, i do Apologize that wasn't really called for. We're all in the Lexus Family together, no matter what the Model.
Old 08-26-15, 02:54 PM
Jacj3
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Car looked really good and glad you made it back in time to get judged. I wanted to ask you what kind of times you were running but, was trying to finish up the awards.