RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

2015 RC F VS 2008 IS F @ Import Face Off Videos

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-15, 11:04 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
I hope PPE and Sikky come to the table with some good gains. I've got faith in Paul, especially with the additional room he has in the wider engine bay on the RCF.
I am probably going to go with PPE once it is released!
Old 08-19-15, 11:11 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
I am probably going to go with PPE once it is released!
Their attention to detail was phenomenal on the ISF. I did have some 02 sensor issues with the headers, but I don't believe it was a PPE specific issue. I will look to them again with the RC F.

I would love to see someone go for the Novel headers. No idea what they make in terms of power, but they look incredible.
Old 08-19-15, 11:17 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
Their attention to detail was phenomenal on the ISF. I did have some 02 sensor issues with the headers, but I don't believe it was a PPE specific issue. I will look to them again with the RC F.

I would love to see someone go for the Novel headers. No idea what they make in terms of power, but they look incredible.
Novel is pretty pricey, around $5500 excluding the distributor's markups. I am betting it is around $6-7K shipped to the US.
Old 08-19-15, 11:40 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts

Novel is pretty pricey, around $5500 excluding the distributor's markups. I am betting it is around $6-7K shipped to the US.
Yea, that's exactly why we never see any. Their ISF stuff looks very nice too. I would still be very interested to know the types of gains they provide, and obviously, would love to hear a complete setup in person.

Oh well, I am sure we will all be very happy with what PPE delivers.
Old 08-19-15, 01:26 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearbangin
Lost on the tree every time even with me being faster of the two cars. Cars are so close I could never get that time back on the big end. You see my car is about a tenth faster and 1 mph trap speed. Not bad for a 7 year old car.
GB, what made you get rid of the 01' IS that ran in the 10's. THAT is QUICK for the Street! Thanks for Sharing the Videos with us RCF500!
Old 08-19-15, 03:15 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
GB, what made you get rid of the 01' IS that ran in the 10's. THAT is QUICK for the Street! Thanks for Sharing the Videos with us RCF500!
No problem! Our engine bay jewelry is here...lol, you should be receiving yours next week, I won't be in town to get mine until the 30!
Old 08-19-15, 09:51 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

No problem! Our engine bay jewelry is here...lol, you should be receiving yours next week, I won't be in town to get mine until the 30!
Are you Serious? I've been lookin' Everyday! I Can't Wait, Thanks Buddy! Is it as Simple as it looks to hook up?
Old 08-20-15, 04:31 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Are you Serious? I've been lookin' Everyday! I Can't Wait, Thanks Buddy! Is it as Simple as it looks to hook up?
They are SUPER simple buddy. If I can make one suggestion I would say buy you constant tension clamps over the cheesy/cheap worm gear clamps they show in their pic of the intake tube. If you have any doubts I can install it for you if you come to Wanna Go Fast next month .

I've been told my headers should be done by middle of next month and sent to Topspeed for my installation. Looking forward to slapping those ponies on the car.
Old 08-20-15, 05:53 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Thanks for the share! Based on the time slips your cars are extremely close competitors so definitely a good job driving well to get the wins.
Minus the bolt ones on the ISF and it would have been lengths of difference--stock to stock is the real comparison.
Old 08-20-15, 07:36 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
Minus the bolt ones on the ISF and it would have been lengths of difference--stock to stock is the real comparison.
No, this is the real comparison of these two cars and their drivers. I understand your position on the ISF vs RCF topic, but I dont think you need to be in constant defense anymore as it seems the community has come to understand and respect both cars.

Besides... I haven't seen a stock ISF in 2 years lol
Old 08-20-15, 08:16 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Yep, he called me today & said they were putting it in the mail from Calif. so i guess it'll be here in about 5 days! Can't Wait!
Old 08-20-15, 08:35 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by Carnevino
They are SUPER simple buddy. If I can make one suggestion I would say buy you constant tension clamps over the cheesy/cheap worm gear clamps they show in their pic of the intake tube. If you have any doubts I can install it for you if you come to Wanna Go Fast next month .

I've been told my headers should be done by middle of next month and sent to Topspeed for my installation. Looking forward to slapping those ponies on the car.
C, i'd love to try & work it out but i know we have to take my son back to Cook Children's Hosp. in Ft. Worth next month & still not sure of the date (he has CP, Dystonia & has a DBS system so we have to go for his adjustments & i call them tune-up's every few months). Though, he's 18 now & he's a senior in HS we still have to go to Cook's cause there's nothin' around here for that kind of treatment.
I know he'd Love to go to that but that's another thing i'd have to make sure we had a hotel pretty close by. But, he's a real upbeat kid & always has a smile on his face, & it could always be worse than it is. Hopefully, we'll be able to make it (i went to their website a couple of days ago & bought $100 worth of t-shirts, Lol). I think their next one will be in Texas 11-14 & 15.
Old 08-21-15, 12:47 AM
604981GT4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
"Would have" or "should have" are just are just assumptions. To be fair, the RCF is modded as well even though the mods are not exactly the same. Even if it's stock vs stock, you can go on and on about the different variables, such as different drivers, launching, conditions, gas in the tank etc etc.

In any case, this is as close as it gets to a controlled test on the same track running at the same time with the same conditions. Both cars are extremely close in performance and in this case, the ISF has an edge. And that is very impressive considering it's down 50hp.
Old 08-21-15, 04:01 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sure there was a lot of confusion amongst the domestic crowd in regards to seeing 2 V8 imports (not LSx swaps) out on a street car night lol

Car sounds strong the entire way down through. Do you ever feel the car fade at any point? Like, the Camaro starts losing momentum after 4th gear and just stops pulling. I had that tweaked with tuning, but since the RC-F won't have that ability, I'm curious for my own future considerations.

Question for both the IS-F owner and RCF500, since neither car comes with a launch control feature, are you both torque braking? If so, are you worried about the long term effects on the torque converter?
Old 08-21-15, 04:24 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by Swacer
I'm sure there was a lot of confusion amongst the domestic crowd in regards to seeing 2 V8 imports (not LSx swaps) out on a street car night lol

Car sounds strong the entire way down through. Do you ever feel the car fade at any point? Like, the Camaro starts losing momentum after 4th gear and just stops pulling. I had that tweaked with tuning, but since the RC-F won't have that ability, I'm curious for my own future considerations.

Question for both the IS-F owner and RCF500, since neither car comes with a launch control feature, are you both torque braking? If so, are you worried about the long term effects on the torque converter?
I have taken the car over 150 MPH and it feels like it will keep going, the RC F peak power is at 7100 RPM redline. I am torque braking at the strip @ 2000 RPM, not too worried about the torque converter, it's not like I am going to brake torque every where I go...lol.

Quick Reply: 2015 RC F VS 2008 IS F @ Import Face Off Videos