RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

What features do you like most and least about the RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-15, 08:03 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What features do you like most and least about the RCF?

I'd like to know what you guys/gals like most and least about the RCF?
Old 08-03-15, 10:01 PM
aginnt
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Most like
- Engine
- Seats
- Interior and exterior styling
- ML sound system
- Ride
- Chassis is awesome

Least
- No active dampers
- Parking peddle
- Back seat head room too small
- Exhaust is too quiet
- Weight (not really noticeable but could be faster)
- I want to control the active sound control
Old 08-04-15, 12:45 AM
aalaref
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

• Seats
  • Engine
  • Info system
  • Price !
  • Back is too small but at least my son can fit there i dont have to worrymuch

Dislike
  • Fuel tank too small
  • Exhaust is quiet, should be louder
Old 08-04-15, 07:44 AM
NickZ
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If Lexus would fix the tip in hesitation that I experience from time to time and the brake squeal that drives me absolutely insane, the car would be near perfect to me. I love the powertrain and sounds, the handling is amazing, and I love how it looks. A little less weight wouldn't hurt, but I never really "feel" this so it doesn't bother me much.

I've tried to get both issues addressed, the dealer says the brakes "function as expected", and they've experienced the hesitation but are waiting for Lexus to publish a software fix according to them.
Old 08-04-15, 08:08 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

I am really enjoying my time in the RC F so far. It’s just about everything I loved from the ISF and then made better.
- Exterior design
- Interior design and layout
- Ride quality
- Handling and overall feel of the drive
- Fuel economy
- Engine, above 4k rpm (torque and noise)
- ML Sound system
- Transmission smoothness
- Headlight illumination of the road
- Rarity of the car, have yet to see another one on the road
- More to come after my first track day with it I am sure!

Dislikes:
- Engine below 4k rpm, lack of lower end torque
- Weight (not so much you feel it, but knowing how much better the car could feel with a diet)
- Transmission downshift time, from cruising (i.e. 6th + gear to lower), while in manual mode. I should clarify I think it works great in a sporty driving situation and when needing to downshift just one gear.
- Quietness of the exhaust
- Huge wheel well gaps
Old 08-04-15, 08:10 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NickZ
If Lexus would fix the tip in hesitation that I experience from time to time and the brake squeal that drives me absolutely insane, the car would be near perfect to me. I love the powertrain and sounds, the handling is amazing, and I love how it looks. A little less weight wouldn't hurt, but I never really "feel" this so it doesn't bother me much.

I've tried to get both issues addressed, the dealer says the brakes "function as expected", and they've experienced the hesitation but are waiting for Lexus to publish a software fix according to them.
That is the first I have heard of anyone at Lexus acknowledging the hesitation as an issue. It would be fantastic if there really is a software fix on the horizon.
Old 08-04-15, 09:21 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Hate the transmission, if you guys want to downshift fast, put it in D, step on it and switch to manual mode, and it will most likely take you to the lowest gear, if not you can go down one more, that seems the best way to do it.

Interior dash needs more carbon fiber to differentiate from the regular RCs.
Old 08-04-15, 10:20 AM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
Hate the transmission, if you guys want to downshift fast, put it in D, step on it and switch to manual mode, and it will most likely take you to the lowest gear, if not you can go down one more, that seems the best way to do it.
If you put it in Sport+ it usually kicks down to 5th gear and offers way more responsive automatic downshifts when passing.
Old 08-04-15, 06:51 PM
NickZ
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
That is the first I have heard of anyone at Lexus acknowledging the hesitation as an issue. It would be fantastic if there really is a software fix on the horizon.
I can only tell you what they're saying to me, however, I have very little faith in my dealership so I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

Lexus customer service has also been a huge disappointment, I had to call them back four times before they acknowledged my case and even then they were pretty worthless. They logged a case about my brakes and said they'd let me know if a fix is released, I'm not holding my breath here and must say that is the most frustrating aspect I have to deal with daily, I absolutely hate the squealing noise and I feel that it ruins the experience.
Old 08-04-15, 06:57 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

I believe there some new compound brake pads just released...aftermarket. Ask Mod In Japan that's on the forums, I'm pretty sure he's selling them.
Old 08-04-15, 07:00 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dislikes: 1) The trackpad. It's too distracting to try to use on the road since it requires that you look at the screen display. Also, even at the least sensitive setting, it's still unusable on a rough road.

2) The seat heater/ventilated seats. No where near warm/cool enough.
Old 08-04-15, 08:01 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I have concluded that 8 gears are about 2 too many. Seems like the car is too eager to upshift, even in Sport+ mode. This may be a matter of learning to drive it so I may get better with it, but that is my impression after 2000 mi. It is surprisingly lacking in torque at low rpms. A custom tune would seem like the answer but know that is not gonna' be an option with the Toyota ECU.

I completely agree that the OEM exhaust is too quiet, that's why I chucked mine and went with PTS/JoeZ.

Overall, love the car but it has definite room for improvement.
Old 08-04-15, 09:14 PM
rjmalm
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 7No

Dislikes: 1) The trackpad. It's too distracting to try to use on the road since it requires that you look at the screen display. Also, even at the least sensitive setting, it's still unusable on a rough road.
I second this!!!
Old 08-05-15, 03:38 AM
buch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+:
Engine strength and sounds above 3,500 rpm,
Seats, along with overall interior comfort and quality,
Sound system, and
How confidence-inspiring it is.

-:
Lack of low-end grunt, and
Sequential shifting delays (software should be able to deliver a jump from 5 to 3 without going through 4 in manual?)
Old 08-05-15, 09:38 AM
FCReulB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I like the most is the color of the LED headlight, it looks so nice at night.
What I don't like is the sun visor. It doesn't extend far enough to cover my face....

Quick Reply: What features do you like most and least about the RCF?