RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Wanna Go Fast @ Clayton, Ga 9/12-9/13

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-15, 05:29 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Wanna Go Fast @ Clayton, Ga 9/12-9/13

Rented a huge cabin for the event this time and wanted to see if any RC F owners wanted to come check out the event and hang with us. It's too late to compete if you haven't registered, but always a great time at Heavens Landing for this event and watching the cars run. I doubt I'll participate on Sunday...was thinking doing some Mtn driving for that day while the kids go white water rafting. Thought it would be fun to meet some of you folks that are in the Southeast area.

Heavens Landing is a private airstrip sitting literally on the top of a MTN. Aircraft owners live in nice condos above their planes hangers...really cool setting. Clayton has a few farm to table restaurants that are pretty decent and there's always a great after party Saturday night that Topspeed throws.

Video showing the event at Clayton-

http://wannagofast.com/clayton.php
Old 08-03-15, 05:59 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll definitely be there
Old 08-03-15, 06:01 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I will try and may try and bring a few friends. How cool is that airport! Nice, but so far out in the middle of no where.
Old 08-03-15, 06:59 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
I will try and may try and bring a few friends. How cool is that airport! Nice, but so far out in the middle of no where.
its amazing how much the even has grown in 3 yrs. i remember the first year...tons of cars but not much organization (especially for the spectators). in the spring...the event was HUGE. spectators all brought EZ Ups and coolers. just a really great time...

but yeah...forget about cell phone service. and if youre hungry....REALLY hungry....The Dillard House is only 15 mins away.
Old 08-05-15, 03:56 PM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I will be there. Anybody want to spend Thurs night and Friday on the Deals Gap Dragon's Tail? It's about 2 hrs north with a great drive into heavens landing on Friday evening.

Johnny Reb??
DougHII??

Last edited by Dbcooper13; 08-05-15 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-05-15, 04:45 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW, that's such an awesome grouping of cars... One day . Thanks for sharing!!
Old 08-05-15, 06:42 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dbcooper13
I will be there. Anybody want to spend Thurs night and Friday on the Deals Gap Dragon's Tail? It's about 2 hrs north with a great drive into heavens landing on Friday evening.

Johnny Reb??
DougHII??
I'm down! I'll be up there early Friday morning. Staying in Athens Thur night so We should be up there pretty early. I'll pm you my digits and the cabins address
Old 08-12-15, 08:39 AM
dmk08
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running Sunday. Look forward to racing some RCFs.
Old 08-12-15, 07:43 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Db, this looks like it would be a BLAST! I need to check everything out & see if it's do-able.
Old 08-12-15, 08:28 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Are any of you actually running your cars (i saw you were dmk), i just went on their site & it looks like all the driver registrations are full (i think it was 135 each day).
Looking back i see now when you first posted C it was already Full.

Last edited by johnnyreb; 08-12-15 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-13-15, 04:58 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Are any of you actually running your cars (i saw you were dmk), i just went on their site & it looks like all the driver registrations are full (i think it was 135 each day).
Hey Buddy! Yeah it sells out FAST! This last year the events have been selling out within an hour of the event posting up. I get in regardless since Topspeed is the main sponsor and I've spent more than a few dollars with them building my cars. Regardless of racing or not, it's just a damn good time. This particular event I'll have the three kids with us so it's more of a family mini vacay ( they like to go white water rafting and the youngest is finally old enough to go, 10). I'll have a big pop up canopy and chairs/coolers etc etc set up....c'mone man! Giddy up!
Old 08-13-15, 06:10 AM
dmk08
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Yeah I'll be running but I'm the enemy (M3) I'll be in this so stop by and say hey if ya see me!

Damn so no RCF actually running?
Old 09-11-15, 06:05 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Bump for this weekend! Going to be chilly on Sunday....should be a great weekend! hopefully get to meet some of you
Old 09-11-15, 06:34 AM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
Bump for this weekend! Going to be chilly on Sunday....should be a great weekend! hopefully get to meet some of you
See you SAT afternoon!
Old 09-11-15, 05:31 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Wish i could be there with you guys (my brother has a 50k Big Bracket Race in Memphis this whole weekend) if i'm not Mistaken the last 1/2 mile shootout is in Texas at the end of the year isn't it. I'd definitely like to try & make that one if i can. Ya'll have FUN & Make Sure to take some Pics & Videos! GL if you're running.

Quick Reply: Wanna Go Fast @ Clayton, Ga 9/12-9/13