RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Black RCF with VARIS

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-15, 06:47 PM
blckbrd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KILLER!!! Everything is perfect. I look forward to seeing what you do next!
Old 07-26-15, 10:31 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like Volk racing ZE40 wheels. My fav wheels man ! Can you share the wheels specs If you don't mind ? Bad*** RC F !
Old 07-26-15, 10:43 PM
boostedGS
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Chris, your ride is lookin SICK!! Can't wait til my Novel stuff gets here! Photoshoot for sure!
Old 07-27-15, 10:41 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice! Looking forward to receiving mines from Bulletproof this week!
Old 07-27-15, 12:26 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW!! Thanks Cris! We could not be happier with how this turned out. Your car looks amazing. You've been a really good supporter of ours and have become a good friend to many of us here. We hope to continue to support you on your build good sir. Keep up the amazing work.
Old 07-27-15, 12:56 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Demik or Josh you could probably answer this too, do you now what the weight of the whole rear diffuser piece is (also how many holes do you have to drill to install it) ? Thanks
Old 07-27-15, 06:04 PM
kh4nh
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I actually love the gold fins! Was this done in homage to the Supra TRD bodykit? If you can find a "TRD" sign to put on the fin that would be really really cool
Old 07-28-15, 05:13 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

6 month wait!!! I was told 2-2.5...

I'm glad I read this before I ordered the spoiler from Next mod here in Canada.

The kit looks unreal bud. That spoiler.....
Old 07-28-15, 09:36 AM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Demik or Josh you could probably answer this too, do you now what the weight of the whole rear diffuser piece is (also how many holes do you have to drill to install it) ? Thanks
Just an FYI, the rear diffuser is made of VSDC (Varis Semi Dry Carbon). Varis never released official weight measurements; however, Semi Dry Carbon will weigh less than standard wet carbon layup. All in all, the rear diffuser and wing are probably our most favorite pieces on the whole kit. We stared at the car for a good 15-20 minutes drooling over it after it was installed. On a side note, all of these pieces look way better in person for some reason. Photos just can't pickup the detailed shapes within each part. As for the amount of holes, I there are only 2 holes on the underside of the car that needs to be drilled and the rest is installed using bolts, brackets, and push tabs that are included in the kit to secure it down. Everything else is installed using stock location holes and mounting points on the underside of the car. Varis does an incredible job designing and engineering these parts to fit extremely well so there isn't much work needed to install them. The fitment is fantastic.

Originally Posted by 4everkidd

As for wait times, we are the exclusive importer and distributor for Varis in North America and Canada so we speak with Varis on a daily basis and our lead times come directly from Varis. All Varis parts are made to order so each part is specifically made for each customers order. It takes Varis roughly 1.5 - 2 months just to make a new part not including the shipping time.

This is partly due to the large amount of orders they receive. Varis is a global brand that distributes parts all over the world. The other reason is because each premium part that they produce is made by hand at their small shop in Japan. Varis has a big name in the industry but they're actually a small specialty shop that produces great parts. This is true for many of the high-end JDM brands. The attention to detail is incredible so they would rather spend a little extra time doing it right, rather than rushing it and doing a sloppy job.

Depending on how we ship though the shipping time may vary. We own our own containers coming from Japan so if we shipped via ocean freight from Japan to the U.S. it will take a bit longer but the price of shipping would be less expensive. If we air freighted the parts to the U.S. from Japan, the lead time would be drastically less and a 2.5 month lead time would be realistic; however, the only issue is that air freight costs would be way more expensive compared to ocean freight. In the end, it's a trade-off. Either pay more and get the part sooner or pay less and wait a little longer. Unfortunately we don't control the cost of shipping or lead times. If you'd like more info on lead times, feel free to message me and I'll be happy to provide you with additional info.
Old 07-28-15, 10:41 AM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
That intake looks amazing! Love the burnt TI look
Originally Posted by vbx
Get rid of the gold fin and you have a winner. Exhaust and intake looks amazing. And it still keeps the factory cold air box. Nice!

Gold wheels isn't my thing but car looks amazing.

If this was available in a 6MT. It would be in my driveway right now.
Originally Posted by Carnevino
Looking good! Yeah I'm not feeling the gold brake duct panel, but otherwise I really like it. Use to have a set of Advan RS on another car and loved them, super light.
I think it looks Menacing (only thing i'm not crazy about is the gold fin) but i think the gold wheels look really nice & the Varis Kit looks Awesome especially on the Black. Hopefully my intake will be here in a couple of weeks, to me this one looks Awesome with the Blue that's already under the Hood. Beautiful Car!
Originally Posted by DougHII
Yep, car is super sweet except that gold fin thing on the side. Needs to be all blacked out except for the wheels. The wheels work for me and the spoiler package looks nice.
Originally Posted by Ice350
6 speed manual tranny.

I don'y like anything on the car. Well, the rear is cool. Those pipes are sinister looking.
Is it the RCF in general or just THIS Particular One? Always Nice to come into somebody's thread & Put Down their Car!
Originally Posted by Z3NK1
Looks insane! Very well done, I'm jelly
Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
sickest rcf ive seen yet.
Originally Posted by dorkacho
love it !!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Ice350
Let me apologize to the OP for my strong words. I didn't read the post. I thought this was a customizer or dealer of aftermarket parts posting their work.
If I had read the post I would have either not said anything or softened my words.

I am one man whose opinions don't matter. I shouldn't have opened my mouth but I made a mistake. I really do apologize to the OP. I haven't given my real opinion on anyone's car for a while and only mistaking you for a dealer caused this. Sorry!
Originally Posted by blckbrd
KILLER!!! Everything is perfect. I look forward to seeing what you do next!
Thanks for all the positive and negative words guys. Everyones entitled to there opinions. no worries.

Originally Posted by sraesmit
I am still on the fence between this one and the Aimgain kit. Everything looks great, especially the longtail spoiler. The front - how it slopes up to meet the OEM bodywork worries a bit. I'd like the front to slice the incoming air a bit more, creating more low air underneath the car... But all in all a great looking kit!
Thanks sir. Both Kits are awesome you can't go wrong with either. Carnevino just got the Aimgan and I can't wait to see it. His car gonna be so sick,

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
Hope you're coming to the meet tomorrow Chris! Car's lookin great as always. Who signed the engine cover?

-Josh
Sorry i couldn't make it Josh. Hopefully i can attend another meet you guys have if I'm still invited.

Originally Posted by shyguyF
Looks like Volk racing ZE40 wheels. My fav wheels man ! Can you share the wheels specs If you don't mind ? Bad*** RC F !
Thanks sir!, they are Advan RS. 19x9 +23 w/15mm spacer and 19x10 +20 w/15mm spacer.

Originally Posted by boostedGS
Chris, your ride is lookin SICK!! Can't wait til my Novel stuff gets here! Photoshoot for sure!
Thanks Scott, your car will be epic. I hope everyone is ready to see what you got lined up!

Originally Posted by RCF500
Nice! Looking forward to receiving mines from Bulletproof this week!
You won't be disappointed sir. With all your mods, your car will be the bizznessssss.

Originally Posted by BPauto
WOW!! Thanks Cris! We could not be happier with how this turned out. Your car looks amazing. You've been a really good supporter of ours and have become a good friend to many of us here. We hope to continue to support you on your build good sir. Keep up the amazing work.
Thanks guys!!!!!

Originally Posted by kh4nh
I actually love the gold fins! Was this done in homage to the Supra TRD bodykit? If you can find a "TRD" sign to put on the fin that would be really really cool
Yea something different. Looks neat. thanks !
Originally Posted by 4everkidd

Yea maybe mine was less than 6 months. it felt forever tho hahah Im sure its faster now tho. Thanks for the kind words sir.
Old 07-28-15, 03:15 PM
GSGUAM
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice
Old 07-28-15, 04:18 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Nice work Chris.. 👍👍

I had a personally autographed intake ready for you too..

Joe Z
Old 07-28-15, 05:36 PM
Kentchup
Pole Position

wow that looks so amazing, def one of the sickest rcf
Old 07-29-15, 07:01 AM
Johnrcpa
Driver School Candidate

Is it the RCF in general or just THIS Particular One? Always Nice to come into somebody's thread & Put Down their Car!
he have the rc350 nut dont like anything on the RCF haha
Old 07-29-15, 01:24 PM
VMRWheels
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Siiiick! Car looks amazing Chris

Quick Reply: Black RCF with VARIS