Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us posted ... thanks,
Old 01-06-16, 05:22 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
I know the faults of the transmission, but in the case I am describing, it is a complete lack of throttle response. The car, in my scenario is already in gear, 2nd to be exact, and application of throttle yields no power. Feels more like a traction control intervention, but of course, no TC lights are present.

As I have stated before, I feel the transmission is fine in sporting driving situations, but once you ask it to downshift multiple gears at a time, it really falls on it's face.

Congrats on your choice as well!!
I drive in manual with the torque converter locked all the time. You have a problem: take it in. It should accelerate like a demon in second gear.
Old 01-11-16, 05:54 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Anyone who has installed the Apex controller can you tell us if it helps to eliminate the hesitation some have experienced?

I know the primary function of the Apex to give better throttle response from a stand still, but I was just wondering if it also helped with the hesitation issue

Thanks
Old 09-21-16, 10:01 AM
chrismgiro
Driver School Candidate

Bringing this thread back to life, since I have started a new thread for this same issue. Just wanted everyone from this original thread to be aware that we are working on getting a resolution. Seems like it is long overdue. Link to new thread is below.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...noise-tsb.html
Old 09-21-16, 02:22 PM
Sal11585
Driver School Candidate

Its the torque convertor locking up in second gear Its how the ZF8speed works. Turning off eco mode in driver settings helps a lot with the lag at least for me. Its really not a big deal drive in sports mode or manual mode if you want fast response. If i am driving aggressively i put it in sports plus and manual and i have no hesitation. I love the ZF8SPEED it upshifts like a dual clutch and is smooth like a standard auto. The only downside is the torque convertor locking up in second and you cant drop multiple gears like dual clutch. But its reliable and never failed on my previous ISF either. Most dual clutches have issues, require frequent maintenance and shifts are rough when your driving normal. Honestly i feel like since i turned off ECO MODE in the settings on the dash cluster my lag feels gone completely

Last edited by Sal11585; 09-21-16 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-21-16, 04:26 PM
USBGSF16
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to your dealer and get TSB flashed, then the lag will go away
Old 09-21-16, 05:52 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try as you might, the RC F was not designed for town driving in automatic. I drive in manual 90 percent of the time and have zero issues. The F in automatic mode will allow you to downshift 2-3 gears at a time with a pull of the paddle. A second pull will further drop the position by another 1-2 gears at low speed.

It does sound like some of you have real hesitation issues. I will mention that the hesitation you describe could be related to the "training" of the ECU to recognize your desire for responsiveness. This was a prevalent problem with many IS F owners. I suggest the ECU may need to be cleared. Subsequently, drive the F like you stole it to get the optimal throttle response.

Good luck to those of you with real issues.
Old 09-24-16, 06:46 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sal11585
Its the torque convertor locking up in second gear Its how the ZF8speed works. Turning off eco mode in driver settings helps a lot with the lag at least for me. Its really not a big deal drive in sports mode or manual mode if you want fast response. If i am driving aggressively i put it in sports plus and manual and i have no hesitation. I love the ZF8SPEED it upshifts like a dual clutch and is smooth like a standard auto. The only downside is the torque convertor locking up in second and you cant drop multiple gears like dual clutch. But its reliable and never failed on my previous ISF either. Most dual clutches have issues, require frequent maintenance and shifts are rough when your driving normal. Honestly i feel like since i turned off ECO MODE in the settings on the dash cluster my lag feels gone completely
How did you turn off ECO mode, exactly?
Old 09-24-16, 09:57 AM
SmurFPwr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gs400jon
How did you turn off ECO mode, exactly?
on the steering wheel go into settings while the car stopped or in park (you can not adjust while driving) and just start scrolling down the options and youll see it displayed on the small square/rectangle screen at the left of the dash.
Old 09-24-16, 01:56 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SmurFPwr
on the steering wheel go into settings while the car stopped or in park (you can not adjust while driving) and just start scrolling down the options and youll see it displayed on the small square/rectangle screen at the left of the dash.
Thanks, I'll do that.
Old 09-30-16, 10:07 PM
ATLHeel350
Pit Crew

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

My opinion is that the RC F has a rather soft transmission (re smooth) and a restrictive exhaust system. Sometimes the transmission seems slow in picking the right gear. Sport and Sport + help but it is not a dual clutch. I am getting a meistershaft with mid pipes next week so that should add 49 hp and open it up a bit. I will let you know how that works.