RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus RC-F world trip

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-15, 11:24 PM
DavidTOSH
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool trip!

Will you be in France in October Saturday 17th? There is a TRACK day on PAU ARNOS circuit, in BASQUE country, near Spain

Circuit location

Trackday facebook event https://www.facebook.com/events/1507135376244552/

As last year, , HKS Europe come with demo cars to support us

Great day with local food
Old 08-17-15, 10:41 AM
aristott
Rookie

I may not make it for those dates unfortunately

Originally Posted by DavidTOSH
Very cool trip!

Will you be in France in October Saturday 17th? There is a TRACK day on PAU ARNOS circuit, in BASQUE country, near Spain

Circuit location https://www.google.fr/maps/place/Mot...d47ee414c1d8dc

Trackday facebook event https://www.facebook.com/events/1507135376244552/

As last year, , HKS Europe come with demo cars to support us

Great day with local food
Old 08-19-15, 01:17 PM
lexusrcfuk
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rubbing on the Front

Hi

Your car looks great and you seem to be having a fantastic adventure. Did you fit RSR Springs or Coilovers.?

I have fitted RSR Coilovers to my RC-F and have had many instances of the front wheels rubbing on certain dips in the road. Looking at your car the front is significantly lower than mine (see attached pic). Do you have any rubbing.?

Thanks in advance, hope you enjoy the rest of

your trip.
Old 08-31-15, 03:38 PM
aristott
Rookie

Mine has the RSR lowering springs with zero issues rubbing. The car sits low with the tires just right and it's still smooth. I've driven in Hungary and Italy where the roads can be bad.

Originally Posted by lexusrcfuk
Hi

Your car looks great and you seem to be having a fantastic adventure. Did you fit RSR Springs or Coilovers.?

I have fitted RSR Coilovers to my RC-F and have had many instances of the front wheels rubbing on certain dips in the road. Looking at your car the front is significantly lower than mine (see attached pic). Do you have any rubbing.?

Thanks in advance, hope you enjoy the rest of

your trip.
Old 09-01-15, 08:28 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Loving the new pictures. You've inspired me to make what would have been a regular business trip to VA and SC, into a 2100 mile road trip that will see my drive through and back on the Tail of the Dragon, the first week of October. I'll be sure to post up some nice pics, take some GoPro video and post up some feedback on the long haul.
Old 09-01-15, 11:13 AM
aristott
Rookie

That's great!! Pls post some pics as most of our club Lexus parking lot pics are a bit old 😀
If more Lexus owners get out for some fresh air it would change the image a bit.

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
Loving the new pictures. You've inspired me to make what would have been a regular business trip to VA and SC, into a 2100 mile road trip that will see my drive through and back on the Tail of the Dragon, the first week of October. I'll be sure to post up some nice pics, take some GoPro video and post up some feedback on the long haul.

Getting to Stuttgart quickly

At import racing in Stuttgart, you must visit this place!

Enemy territory, the Mercedes museum. This was a great place to visit, I learned a lot about the history of the automobile.

Enemy territory, the Mercedes museum. This was a great place to visit, I learned a lot about the history of the automobile.
Old 09-01-15, 11:19 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by aristott
That's great!! Pls post some pics as most of our club Lexus parking lot pics are a bit old 😀
If more Lexus owners get out for some fresh air it would change the image a bit.
All my F cars so far have seen numerous trackdays and roadtrips. Took my ISF to the Dragon a few years back, had the time of my life. These cars, and IMO all sports cars, are made to be driven and driven often!
Old 09-07-15, 06:14 PM
aristott
Rookie

I drove my GT-R a couple of years ago in the Stelvio pass and 15 others that week. Three weeks later I received the car in Miami and drove up to the Tail of the Dragon. It was quite disappointing vs the Italian, Swiss, Austrian, and French passes. Give them a shot one day, just rent a car.

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan

Cruising the beach in Barcelona, Spain

Barcelona, Spain

Barcelona, Spain

Barcelona, Spain
Old 09-10-15, 08:07 AM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for sharing your photos, all of your photos are amazing, and definitely brings me back to some of those places I visited last year. I wanted to comment because I will be arriving in Barcelona on the 15th through the 18th, so it's pretty exciting seeing that these are your most current photos. Hopefully I will see your RC-F around.
Old 09-13-15, 04:19 PM
aristott
Rookie

No problem, I'll post more pics. I was in Tuscany and Rome in the past few days and now I'm back in South France. This car is a ton of fun around the mountain roads and I've logged nearly 9,000 miles in two months plus 2700 back in Florida.

Originally Posted by Individual
Thanks for sharing your photos, all of your photos are amazing, and definitely brings me back to some of those places I visited last year. I wanted to comment because I will be arriving in Barcelona on the 15th through the 18th, so it's pretty exciting seeing that these are your most current photos. Hopefully I will see your RC-F around.

A beautiful view in South France

It's always nice to view this while driving. The California coast is the closest you can get to this. What's better about here is the abundance of restaurants and super cars everywhere. Also the option to drive the Alps in Italy, Swiss, or France in just hours then Tuscany, etc.

Lexus of Monaco

Lexus of Monaco
Old 09-14-15, 05:41 AM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Southern France is my favorite place I've ever visited, seeing your pictures just made me want to go back even more.

Thanks for sharing
Old 09-17-15, 11:39 AM
DShiekhi
Driver

Default Seeing the World in a Lexus RC F

Seeing the World in a Lexus RC F

Florida-based forum member <em>aristott</em> has so much affection for his RC F that he took it on vacation with him - in Europe.

Read the rest on the ClubLexus.com homepage. >>
Old 10-13-15, 02:25 PM
LDEUX
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Carbon mirror cover from Bulletproof Automotive

These stainless tips are from Lexus in Japan with factory part numbers. I like that are angled to the shape of the bumper. I won't bother installing many upgrades because they don't increase the power enough. For that I can drive my Mclaren or mod a GT-R if I want ultra performance. Lexus really should have given more power or lightened the car a bit.

Lighted door sills

That thing is bananas, very nice mods bro.
Old 10-13-15, 06:23 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Current mods:
Hey, 2 questions for you: Where did you buy the Japanese exhaust tips? And how did you remove the stock ones? They seem to be held by friction from metal tabs that bite into the metal, so extremely hard to remove. Curious how you did that. Oh, and what are those things that the tips have at the 3 and 9 o'clock edges? I don't like that, but maybe it was just your camera. I want to change just the tips, and an OEM replacement sounds good if they're an actual improvement. Are they any wider? Stick out longer? Or just angled like the bumper? Thanks man. I sold the 2015 GTR for the RC-F, and also like it better as a GT car. Take care.
Old 10-20-15, 01:17 PM
aristott
Rookie

Here's a few photos from Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, France, Monaco, Italy, Hungary and Holland.

In Heidelberg, Germany

At Auto Oswald in Wiesloch, Germany for a well needed oil change after some laps at the Nurburgring and Autobahn driving.

in Friedrichshafen, Germany near the Swiss border

leaving Munich Germany to Austria

on the way to Austria

in the Italian Alps

what beautiful scenery in Italy

Venice Italy

Italy

Quick Reply: Lexus RC-F world trip