RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Carbotech Pads & RSR Springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-15, 10:04 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Carbotech Pads & RSR Springs

Installed the Carbotech pads. After 60 miles of both highway and city driving, there is very little brake dust. No squeals and the car stops on a dime. This is the same pad material I have on the ISF as well.
Also installed the RSR springs on the front suspension only. The front and stock rear gap is identical now. The car also has a little rake. Did not notice any harshness in the ride.

Old 07-06-15, 05:32 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 175 Likes on 96 Posts

Looking good! Just a warning about the springs, make sure your rear wiring harnesses will NOT get nicked by the LCA from the drop coming from the springs. I actually bottomed my rear driving side taking a right handed corner pretty fast. Cost me 755$ to replace harness. I'm on RSR springs myself. You'll know it if you nick/cut harness due to your dash lighting up like a xmas tree with all kind of failure warnings(brake, bsm, cruise, traction and abs failure). I soldered the harness for a temp fix until the new harness arrives this week. Only 4 harnesses in country..well 3 now =)
Old 07-06-15, 05:51 AM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carnevino
Looking good! Just a warning about the springs, make sure your rear wiring harnesses will NOT get nicked by the LCA from the drop coming from the springs. I actually bottomed my rear driving side taking a right handed corner pretty fast. Cost me 755$ to replace harness. I'm on RSR springs myself. You'll know it if you nick/cut harness due to your dash lighting up like a xmas tree with all kind of failure warnings(brake, bsm, cruise, traction and abs failure). I soldered the harness for a temp fix until the new harness arrives this week. Only 4 harnesses in country..well 3 now =)
Thanks for the heads up. Do you mean the harness at the rear of the car? I only did the front springs. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 07-06-15, 06:22 AM
Zydan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those springs settle pretty low, I think you'll eventually wanna install the rear as well. Looking good!
Old 07-06-15, 11:48 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 175 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Isfast
Thanks for the heads up. Do you mean the harness at the rear of the car? I only did the front springs. Let me know. Thanks.
Yes, the harness at the rear of the car
Old 07-06-15, 06:54 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Zydan
Those springs settle pretty low, I think you'll eventually wanna install the rear as well. Looking good!
Thanks. I have never had springs that settled any more after the initial drive. I will keep an eye on it though.
Old 07-06-15, 10:47 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=Isfast;9102086]Installed the Carbotech pads. After 60 miles of both highway and city driving, there is very little brake dust. No squeals and the car stops on a dime. This is the same pad material I have on the ISF as well.
Also installed the RSR springs on the front suspension only. The front and stock rear gap is identical now. The car also has a little rake. Did not notice any harshness in the ride.

Greetings,

I installed Carbotech 1521s (if memory serves) on my IS-F and liked them very much. Is there any different tools, techniques, etc. required to replace the front pads on the RC-F?
Old 07-06-15, 10:59 PM
Isfast
Lexus Test Driver

Greetings,

I installed Carbotech 1521s (if memory serves) on my IS-F and liked them very much. Is there any different tools, techniques, etc. required to replace the front pads on the RC-F?
Same process as ISF: Knock out pins, remove metal rod in order to remove the clip. Compress pads, replace with new pads. Only thing you have to do is dremel the sharp edges of the sensor recess on the new pads as I had difficulty in getting it to slide in.