RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF vs CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-15, 01:05 PM
kareemRCF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BS ISF
then state that and also look at the info in the vids. it clearly states the RCF is I/H/N. that's why I asked for the doubters.
In the race vs the V it states the RCF has I/E/Chip

but in another race with the NOS camaro it states I/E/N

this RCF is definitely using NOS.
Old 07-27-15, 01:28 PM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BS ISF
then state that and also look at the info in the vids. it clearly states the RCF is I/H/N. that's why I asked for the doubters.
I assume everyone on the forum can read and isn't color blind(my avatar isnt USB).
Old 11-28-15, 01:37 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

ill race any stock RCF with my cadillac CTS V-sport and ill lay 1,000 bucks that says a stock RCF can't touch me!

if lexus wants to play in the luxury performance segment they need to stop building NA cars. any turbo 6 or boosted 8 cyl will murder a lexus!

i used to have a 2014 IS-350 and it was a major disappointment in the power department.
i had it 9 months and traded it in for the V-sport. night and day different cars. the caddy CTS has just as good of handling and way more performance than anything lexus has ever dreamed up. (except the LFA)
Old 11-28-15, 02:49 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
ill race any stock RCF with my cadillac CTS V-sport and ill lay 1,000 bucks that says a stock RCF can't touch me!

if lexus wants to play in the luxury performance segment they need to stop building NA cars. any turbo 6 or boosted 8 cyl will murder a lexus!

i used to have a 2014 IS-350 and it was a major disappointment in the power department.
i had it 9 months and traded it in for the V-sport. night and day different cars. the caddy CTS has just as good of handling and way more performance than anything lexus has ever dreamed up. (except the LFA)
Lol, but your still driving a lame looking Cafillac. You can take it up to 1,000 hp and it will still be a lame looking Cadillac.

Who really buys cars these based on straight line acceleration? Are you racing yourself to 60 every time you have to stop at a stop sign or a red light? Is your buttometer so sensitive that it can detect minute gs forces associated with 2/10ths of a second straight line speed and immediately reverts to buttache mode when it is off a couple of tenths?

Lol at buying an IS for performance and then being disappointed. It's an entry level Japenese made sedan.

I get the boosted v. NA argument. I have taken Porsche twin turbos up to 750 at the wheels with K24 hybrids, GT2 intercoolers, Lenz fuel management and yada, yada, yada. That said, I derived more pleasure and excitement driving my Elise, 458 and GT3 RS than any boosted car or cars with better straight line performance.

It ain't all about straight line speed . . ., but nothing wrong with making a great car quicker and the future is definitely forced induction. Caddies just ain't great cars and fail miserably in the looks department.

Last edited by DougHII; 11-28-15 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-28-15, 03:51 PM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If I wanted straight line performance at the cost of driving an American clunker, I would be driving a Wildcat.

I own a Lexus because it's.. well.. a Lexus.
Old 11-28-15, 07:36 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Never go full retard.
Old 11-30-15, 12:13 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I rarely post anymore in the RC-F thread (because I don't own a RC-F, but I glance through all threads), but this is just

Your stock CTS V-sport...you are aware that its a 4000lb pig only putting down 420hp from a Twin turbo V6? If any RC-F owner knows how to drive, he has identical weight, a more linear torque curve, and 40hp on you. The RC-F with a capable driver will beat you everytime.

I'm not even sure why you commented about the IS350. My wife has a '15 IS350, and I find it very nice for a family sedan. The 300hp is admirable coming from a NA 3.5L.

Now shh up, you're doing nothing but making American car owners look terrible. Your keyboard drag racing is just silly to do on a Lexus RC-F forum. And if you're waving $1k around like a fool, when my build is done next spring, I'll have a 500rwhp Camaro that wouldn't mind shutting you up Oh....naturally aspirated.

And FWIW, do not claim luxury and Cadillac in the same sentence. I have never seen such a crap interior covered in shiny plastic in my life. It was terrible. The mag ride is about the only bragging feature you got...and be prepared for those shocks to fail at about 40-50k miles...at about $1.5k per shock to replace. Best keep that $1k in your pocket for later

Last edited by Swacer; 12-01-15 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-01-15, 01:55 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer

Your stock CTS V-sport...you are aware that its a 4000lb pig only putting down 420hp from a Twin turbo V6? Your keyboard drag racing is just silly
Awesome!

Swacer, how do you like the NX F Sport? Thinking about getting one for the wifey for her birthday. Oldest is headed to college next year, so I'm thinking she might enjoy a smaller crossover/SUV than what she has now. I sat in one recently at a dealership and really liked it.
Old 12-01-15, 04:12 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

It may be Fast, but it's also FUGLY & BORING Looking
Old 12-01-15, 08:04 PM
nelson143
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys...just saw the video. That RCF belongs to Pupo's...he's got tons of racing vids on Youtube. His RC-F is using NOS. All his other video's shows he is walking all of these other cars.
Old 12-02-15, 03:54 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carnevino
Awesome!

Swacer, how do you like the NX F Sport? Thinking about getting one for the wifey for her birthday. Oldest is headed to college next year, so I'm thinking she might enjoy a smaller crossover/SUV than what she has now. I sat in one recently at a dealership and really liked it.
I like it. It is decent quality (you can see it is a level below the quality of the IS Fsport my wife has), but its still a good car. It does lack on power, but given that its a family CUV, its not too bad. Plus, I doubt anyone buys this car for power, and if you have a NEED for power, you most likely have another car to get you that fix lol I get 28-29mpg going to work on backroads, and about 25mpg on the highway.

I have found that the car is a little smaller than I thought. Fitting my wife, myself, and 2 40lb dogs into the car, along with suitcases in the back nearly filled the car. Which is crappy when you figure we are yet to add a kid to the car yet. I figure the short term solution will be adding a carrier up top, but it also makes me look at a Tundra/Sierra for additional carrying capacity.
Old 12-02-15, 10:46 AM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I cross shopped a lot of cars when I was trading in my IS-F. I def liked and still do like the RC-F. Almost got one but having a newborn at the time it was not gonna be fun with a baby seat in a 2 door car. I drove a 6 speed manual CTS-V and fell in love with it. Had my heart set on a USB RC-F but the black V with the black wheels and yellow calipers really looked sharp also. I bought the V sedan and I love the car and can care less if it's faster or not faster than the RC-F. Both cars have their faults and it came down to me needing 4 doors and wanting a manual trans. Funny how people can be internet tough guys and bash cars they don't own while only praising the car they own or have owned. At car meets people seem to always be respectful and either compliment eachother's cars or not say anything rude if it's not their cup of tea.
Old 12-02-15, 01:06 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mrd916
I cross shopped a lot of cars when I was trading in my IS-F. I def liked and still do like the RC-F. Almost got one but having a newborn at the time it was not gonna be fun with a baby seat in a 2 door car. I drove a 6 speed manual CTS-V and fell in love with it. Had my heart set on a USB RC-F but the black V with the black wheels and yellow calipers really looked sharp also. I bought the V sedan and I love the car and can care less if it's faster or not faster than the RC-F. Both cars have their faults and it came down to me needing 4 doors and wanting a manual trans. Funny how people can be internet tough guys and bash cars they don't own while only praising the car they own or have owned. At car meets people seem to always be respectful and either compliment eachother's cars or not say anything rude if it's not their cup of tea.
I agree, I LOVE the 2014 CTS-V coupe and sedan. Both very sharp cars and the LSA is a solid and proven motor.

And you will always have tough guys on the Internet because they can hide behind their keyboard.

However, they would never say that stuff at a car meet because if someone like tool bag above went claiming a grand to beat a RC-F, chances are that the person will be told to put their money where their mouth is.
Old 12-02-15, 09:12 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

or not say anything rude if it's not their cup of tea.
What the hell is wrong with people getting upset because somebody doesn't like his freaking car? They must have an inferiority complex or something. If somebody doesn't like my car, my car's color, or anything else about a stupid car, bike, watch, or whatever... I couldn't care less. As long as I like it, that's all that matters. If everybody liked what you own, there wouldn't be competitors, right? Therefore, with a bit of common sense, you can surmise many people don't like your object before you even buy it. If somebody expresses that feeling, you found one of many you already knew about. But that entails you're a smart person. Not one that finds offense on almost anything. And yes, the world would be a much better place if people weren't like that with their objects, religion, etc. Just saying.
Old 12-03-15, 04:12 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Comparing an RCF to a sedan??? Internet tough guys if someone thinks the Caddies look crappy? Last I looked, this is not a Caddy forum. I agree it would be in poor taste to go over to a car forum for a car one does not own to be negative about that car. Lol, who does that? I can candidly say I have never once been on or even considered searching for a Cadilac owners' forum. Why would I, unless perhaps I wasn't really happy with what I had and was considering a Caddie.

Quick Reply: RCF vs CTS-V