Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

Carnevino's Figs Eng, Volk, JPMcoahworks, TSM uilt

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-15, 09:00 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by GSGUAM
SWEET You noticed! How do you like it? makes a big difference right!

ENJOY....
I love this exhaust!!

Originally Posted by KamiSpeed
Beautiful!!

Love the TE37 Ultras man. Once of the cleanest builds I have seen so far for the the RCF
Thank you very much!

So after driving around Atlanta for the past few days I feel like I can give you guys a quick review of the Apexi exhaust. It's loud. I'm actually reconsidering not going forward with headers. It'has a VERY deep rumble. The sound is so far off from any video posted that I've viewed on the Internet. The sound does come through the cabin so for anyone wanting to keep that luxury car sound I'd recommend not purchasing an aftermarket exhaust. I find myself mashing the gas a lot more at lower speeds just to hear that deep rumble, so my fuel economy is taking a hit HAHA! I'm truly 100% in love with the sound now. I'm positive I made the right choice for me. The quad cans look a lot better than the larger single cans other companies are making and the burnt tips gives it a nice touch. Installation took about 45 minutes and everything bolted right up, as it should for a nice Japanese crafted piece. My girl loves the sound too..... She's use to my cars with exhausts and she says it her favorite sounding exhaust so far.
Old 07-17-15, 09:13 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
I love this exhaust!!

Thank you very much!

So after driving around Atlanta for the past few days I feel like I can give you guys a quick review of the Apexi exhaust. It's loud. I'm actually reconsidering not going forward with headers. It'has a VERY deep rumble. The sound is so far off from any video posted that I've viewed on the Internet. The sound does come through the cabin so for anyone wanting to keep that luxury car sound I'd recommend not purchasing an aftermarket exhaust. I find myself mashing the gas a lot more at lower speeds just to hear that deep rumble, so my fuel economy is taking a hit HAHA! I'm truly 100% in love with the sound now. I'm positive I made the right choice for me. The quad cans look a lot better than the larger single cans other companies are making and the burnt tips gives it a nice touch. Installation took about 45 minutes and everything bolted right up, as it should for a nice Japanese crafted piece. My girl loves the sound too..... She's use to my cars with exhausts and she says it her favorite sounding exhaust so far.
Thanks for the quick review. In light of that, this is not the exhaust for me. I would be looking for something that equated to the sound of the Borla on the ISF, loud when you wanted it to be, but very livable for phone calls and long commutes. I'll wait for more feedback on the JoeZ and others. Love what you have done with the car so far! Very nicely done!
Old 07-17-15, 09:28 AM
jdmblood
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car brotha!

White is my favorite color for the rcf. The two pics of the car with the TE's on the first page is how it sits with the springs?
Old 07-17-15, 09:36 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Originally Posted by jdmblood
Beautiful car brotha!

White is my favorite color for the rcf. The two pics of the car with the TE's on the first page is how it sits with the springs?
Thank you. Yes that's how it sits now with the springs. I think it would be accurate to say it's settled a little bit more from when those pics were posted. I brought my camera on my trip so I'll get some newer shots up soon.
Old 07-23-15, 04:20 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Thought I'd share some quick photos of how I clean the alcantara pieces. Super easy and the Sonax really works well. I use a bug sponge to apply it with then work the soiled areas with a soft bristle toothbrush then finish up with a micro towel. That's it!

Old 07-23-15, 08:44 AM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a bottle of that sitting at home and was wondering what to apply it with. Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-23-15, 01:17 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

AIMGAIN Kit arrived today! Now I have to find a paint shop that can match the Lexus Ultra White.

Old 07-24-15, 01:36 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

AIMGAIN Kit arrived today! Now I have to find a paint shop that can match the Lexus Ultra White.

WOW!! Congrats on the AIMGAIN kit!! This is such an epic build! I cannot wait to see more photos. Please post more once the kit is installed. Great build so far man. The quality of the build and attention to detail is awesome.
Old 07-24-15, 09:39 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

WOW, C you done went too Far to Stop now! Can't Wait to see some more Updates, you're Killing me!
Old 07-25-15, 04:26 PM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Install pics!! gonna be sick!
Old 08-04-15, 06:45 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Haha thanks for the compliments! Good buddy of mine from a former car club does great paint & body as a side job so he just sent me some pics. Primer applied and paint starting tomorrow night.

Old 08-04-15, 07:27 PM
GSGUAM
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Haha thanks for the compliments! Good buddy of mine from a former car club does great paint & body as a side job so he just sent me some pics. Primer applied and paint starting tomorrow night.

Sweet can not wait till you post more pictures of the kit on the F!
Old 08-04-15, 11:24 PM
SleepKing
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great build!

I'm highly considered wrapping my rear center console in alcantara as well. My damn dog likes to jump around in the back all the time and now it's all scratched up. How much did it cost for the custom job at JPM Coachworks?
Old 08-05-15, 08:17 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Originally Posted by GSGUAM
Sweet can not wait till you post more pictures of the kit on the F!
Thanks! Just trying to keep up with you!
Originally Posted by SleepKing
Great build!

I'm highly considered wrapping my rear center console in alcantara as well. My damn dog likes to jump around in the back all the time and now it's all scratched up. How much did it cost for the custom job at JPM Coachworks?
It's not expensive at all. Call them up and ask for Joe(Owner) and tell him you'd like something like mine. You can pop it out from the rear seat surprisingly easy..... Like really easy. Ship it to him and he can get it done. He could probably explain to you how to do it yourself ( applying the material ) if you're comfortable doing things like that. I'd just pop it out and ship it if it was me. Give him a call, super nice people and great guy to talk to. I do know he's headed out to the west coast (SD) early part of Sept, so possibly you could even meet up.
Old 08-05-15, 08:40 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice! Can't wait to see how it looks on your car!

Quick Reply: Carnevino's Figs Eng, Volk, JPMcoahworks, TSM uilt