Search this Thread

Old 06-24-15, 10:24 AM
tiger1918
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Interior

Does anybody know if the RC-F has Alcantara on the armrests, console,
etc or is it suede. I need to know how to clean it. Also, does anybody
know the best way to clean white stitching on my IS350. Thanks for all the help.
Old 06-24-15, 10:39 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

SONAX alcantara cleaner, and it works great. Amazon sells it. The material is alcantara, not suede. Suede ends up faiding after some time if exposed to too much sun. JPM Coachworks also sells Sonax. There are a few good vids on YouTube showing the results. I'd recommend also buying the bug sponge OR just use a soft bristle toothbrush.

Amazon.com: Sonax (206141) Upholstery and Alcantara Cleaner - 8.45 fl. oz.: Automotive Amazon.com: Sonax (206141) Upholstery and Alcantara Cleaner - 8.45 fl. oz.: Automotive

Might seem pricey, but you only use a very small amount. Bottle should last you a long time.

Last edited by Carnevino; 06-24-15 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-24-15, 03:29 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
SONAX alcantara cleaner, and it works great. Amazon sells it. The material is alcantara, not suede. Suede ends up faiding after some time if exposed to too much sun. JPM Coachworks also sells Sonax. There are a few good vids on YouTube showing the results. I'd recommend also buying the bug sponge OR just use a soft bristle toothbrush.

Amazon.com: Sonax (206141) Upholstery and Alcantara Cleaner - 8.45 fl. oz.: Automotive

Might seem pricey, but you only use a very small amount. Bottle should last you a long time.
This seems to be Good to use if your car needs to get Dirt & other Nasty Stuff Cleaned but what do you guys use on a Nice Clean Interior (just to keep it lookin' that way) i can't imagine Many New RCF's that would have a Really Dirty Interior!
Old 06-24-15, 03:54 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Hey Johnny, for the alcantara bits in our cars you'll eventually have dirt or flattened out areas like the armrests and center console. The alcantara traps/absorbs grit and body oil. Sonax is just for those areas. For my seats I personally use Griots Garage leather care, but I'm sure there are plenty of other top quality leather treatment options. I had my steering wheel taken out and wrapped in alcantara with a 12 o'clock center band( just something I've done to all my cars). My Sparco gloves stick to it like glue. My steering wheel needs extra attention, so that's how I'm familiar with Sonax I also had the rear center console covered in alcantara..... I think that piece kinda looked cheap in just plain plastic

Old 06-24-15, 04:58 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I NEED THIS STEERING WHEEL

Old 06-24-15, 05:30 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Hehe, I love that steering wheel.
Old 06-24-15, 08:59 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by DougHII
Hehe, I love that steering wheel.
Definitely adds a Nice Touch to it! Thanks for the Tip, C!
Old 06-24-15, 09:02 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Hey Johnny, for the alcantara bits in our cars you'll eventually have dirt or flattened out areas like the armrests and center console. The alcantara traps/absorbs grit and body oil. Sonax is just for those areas. For my seats I personally use Griots Garage leather care, but I'm sure there are plenty of other top quality leather treatment options. I had my steering wheel taken out and wrapped in alcantara with a 12 o'clock center band( just something I've done to all my cars). My Sparco gloves stick to it like glue. My steering wheel needs extra attention, so that's how I'm familiar with Sonax I also had the rear center console covered in alcantara..... I think that piece kinda looked cheap in just plain plastic

Who did this Extra Alcantara for you (i see you have the F logo on the steering wheel)! Looks Great!