RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

ML stereo

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-15, 12:45 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ML stereo

Is there a big difference? I do not have it in mine and now might be regretting it. I got ultra white red interior every package but ML & Carbon fiber package. Anyone have the base stereo and is happy with it? Thoughts

Last edited by MGB1120; 06-21-15 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-24-15, 05:22 AM
Zydan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the base stereo and am very happy with it, although I would have purchased the ML had it been offered with the color combo I wanted and ready. The base stereo is very good, and has a sub with some nice base, although I made the mistake of getting in one with ML this past weekend and that one is really quite amazing. I had wish I got it, but I wouldn't say it's really a regret just if I had the option at the time I would have sprung for it.
Old 06-24-15, 06:14 AM
Venturi
Driver School Candidate

I've listened to both. They are both good by most standards. The ML is more "defined" and "transient" and the music has more of a "stage".

You would have to be into it to appreciate it.

A normal casual person would not know the difference. Then again we are buyers of an RC F
Old 06-25-15, 12:22 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm happy with the non-ML. I don't need or like a preponderance of bass and don't consider the cockpit of an automobile to be the best place to listen to music. YMMV so I recommend trying them both before you buy.
Old 06-25-15, 02:28 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
I'm happy with the non-ML. I don't need or like a preponderance of bass and don't consider the cockpit of an automobile to be the best place to listen to music. YMMV so I recommend trying them both before you buy.
Good point I heard the base stereo and it sounded pretty good the base seemed pretty heavy though
Old 06-25-15, 07:08 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to wait 4 months to get a ML w/o a sunroof but I like the ML a lot, if you use say bluetooth as a source and you pre-EQ it and it's a LOT better, also the source matters a lot such as 320k and flac. I am an audio nerd though so it may not be worth it to most.
Old 06-25-15, 07:36 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
I had to wait 4 months to get a ML w/o a sunroof but I like the ML a lot, if you use say bluetooth as a source and you pre-EQ it and it's a LOT better, also the source matters a lot such as 320k and flac. I am an audio nerd though so it may not be worth it to most.
I do use Bluetooth a lot for my audio source so would I see a difference ?
Old 06-25-15, 07:52 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MGB1120
I do use Bluetooth a lot for my audio source so would I see a difference ?
I use a flac player and EQ it then stream it over bluetooth, you can also pre-amp it to make it louder, the bass is so loud I cant see out the rearview or side mirrors when up loud lol.
Old 06-25-15, 08:08 PM
MGB1120
Pole Position

I use a flac player and EQ it then stream it over bluetooth, you can also pre-amp it to make it louder, the bass is so loud I cant see out the rearview or side mirrors when up loud lol.
So defiantly go with ML then worth the wait
Old 06-25-15, 08:31 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MGB1120
So defiantly go with ML then worth the wait
That's what I have
Old 06-26-15, 10:30 AM
Flilady
Driver School Candidate

Love my ML system! It's even better when you figure out that the volume has to be turned up on your phone for Bluetooth! Ha ha ha
Old 06-28-15, 06:31 AM
Loe
Pole Position

I've heard both, the ML fills the sound out better than the base system, especially in the mid-bass portions where the base system is lacking. The ML will not rock the car either, but it hits all of the notes better with more definition.
Old 06-29-15, 09:24 AM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't Bluetooth further compress the audio?
Old 11-16-15, 06:52 PM
tx_is300
Pole Position

I had ML in last 2 IS350s 2014 and 2006. I listened to non ML in RC F and did not like it. The speaker configuration is better in RC F than the IS due to larger front door speakers and a smaller enclosed space. Bass was more pronounced in RC vs IS. I opted for ML again in RC F as it would have cost me $1,500 - $2,500 to upgrade with signal processors, powered sub and component speakers as I got quote. If you enjoy listening to music a lot, the ML is worth it and cheaper option than after market.
Old 11-16-15, 07:03 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

I use a flac player and EQ it then stream it over bluetooth, you can also pre-amp it to make it louder
My ML sounds like crap with Pandora or Spotify streamed via Bluetooth... but that's the case in all my other cars as well. Oh, and SAT also sounds bad; very 'tinny', no matter what settings I try. Hey, could you explain what the heck are the words bolded in your statement? Hopefully it's something I can change. As it is, I don't listen to Bluetooth or SAT. Just music from a USB stick. Thanks.

And yes, ML is definitely worth what it costs if you're not after a killer stereo, like most of us... because it's not. If you want to a killer stereo, might as well spend those $1,500 (or whatever) towards a better system. But it's a very good system overall. The best I've heard on cars is Bang & Olufsen, by the way.

Quick Reply: ML stereo